I've been sleeping so well at night with the cooler temperatures! Even though I have to get up to use the bathroom several times a night, it's still quite restful.
The kittens were still asleep when I went to get them but they perked up right away. Tabby Kitty "plops" as we call it, as soon as he sees me in the mornings. That's when he drops to the ground and rolls on his back to expose his belly. Only Male Cat does this for us and since we've been calling Tabby Kitty "Mini Male Cat", it's very funny that he does that for me!
Princess is crazy about Greg! This morning she climbed him like a tree, from his toes to the top of his head and was nuzzling against his beard. Awww! It was time to him to leave to go to work and he didn't want to go!
I had arranged to meet my BFF at Wawa near her house this morning so I could share the latest crazy news from my French family with her because sometimes it helps to talk about it to someone else, so we spent about an hour together and then she left to go to work and I went to do my shopping since I was in South Clermont and would be passing the stores on my way home. I didn't get home until about 1:30 p.m. and now I'm exhausted and my foot is throbbing. Ugh. So I'm not going to post my To Do List today because quite honestly, almost nothing will get crossed off anyway.
- I packed leftovers for Greg to take to work.
- Our son packed a lunch to take to work and rode the school bus.
- I brewed a pot of half caf coffee with the free bag of decaf that I had won from Wawa and filled a travel mug to take with me.
- I mixed a batch of boule bread dough from the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day cookbook and let it rest.
- I still had coupons to clip and to sort so I did that while the kittens were playing next to me.
|Tabby Kitty has been promoted to Vice President of Couponing|
- At Wawa, the coffee was no longer $0.79 for all sizes so I decided to just drink my own coffee that I had brought with me since I hadn't finished it yet. I also redeemed the weekly freebie coupon for the free Sizzli breakfast sandwich so my whole cost for meeting my friend was only the price of gas to get there :)
- After we were done, I ran my errands:
- As soon as I parked my car, I received a text from my son asking me to get him more fluoride rinse. Great timing!
- I redeemed my raincheck for 2 dozens of eggs at $0.99 and paid for the $1.98 OOP with my CVS gift card earned via our American Express Rewards program, so it was all free to me!
- Then I did another transaction with the 2 bottles of CVS-branded fluoride rinse. They were on sale at 2 for $6 and then a surprise store coupon for $2.00 off $6.00 mouthwash was applied so my OOP was $4.28. I charged it to USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- It had been years since I had shopped at that Publix and the layout is very different from mine so it took me a while to find the meatballs, ugh.
- They had only 2 bags left of the Community Coffee that was on BOGO for $6.99 so I didn't have a choice as to what variety to buy. Oh well, as long as it's not dark roast and not decaf! I had a $4.00/2 coupon, which made the coffee super cheap. But not only that, but a digital coupon for $4.00/2 was also deducted when I input my phone number, making my coffee purchase a money maker!
- The Armour meatballs were on BOGO at $4.99 and I unfortunately has only one $1.50/1 coupon, but that helped. The kids love those meatballs and I'd rather buy them than make my own.
- I got a package of Castello blue cheese slices for $5.49 but I used a $3.00/1 coupon and then I redeemed an Ibotta rebate for another $3.00 so that ended up being a money maker as well!
- The Jello Simply Good packets were on BOGO at $1.49 and I had a $1.00/2 coupon and redeemed a $0.75/2 Checkout 51 rebate so that was another money maker!
- The Dannon Whole Milk yogurts were on sale at $0.65 each. I handed the cashier a BOGO coupon but I noticed in the parking lot that she hadn't deducted it. Grrr. However, I had made money off the coffee when the digital coupon came off as a surprise, so I still came ahead. I also redeemed a $0.50/2 Ibotta rebate so in the end, it was still free thanks to the overage from the coffee.
- Lastly, I bought a cheesy Florida postcard to mail to my great aunt. It was 20 cents.
- My OOP was $6.98 and I paid with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards. I also received $4.25 back in rebates.
- Murphy USA:
- I redeemed a monthly coupon for a free can of Murphy Classic strawberry soda, which I gave to my son for his after school snack.
- I was disappointed to see that the clearance bakery rack had disappeared :(
- I stocked up on pantry stuff since I was paying with Swagbucks gift cards. I bought 2 5-lb bags of bread flour at $2.50 each, 6 cans of Better Than Bouillon at $3.72 each (and redeemed 6 $0.75/1 coupons), and 4 cans of diced mild chiles at $0.88 each.
- An envelope of taco seasoning (I don't like the one I make!) at $0.67.
- I also bought a bag of Borden string cheese for $2.97 and later on redeemed a $1.00 Ibotta rebate.
- 2 lbs of bananas for which I received $0.25 back from Ibotta, making them a money maker, since...
- I paid for the $35.60 OOP with gift card earned via Swagbucks so all of it was free to me. I still have $8.00 on my gift card.
- I found a penny in the parking lot.
- I spent a lot more than I had planned because I made a lot of impulse buys. Some highlights:
- the 10-lb bag of white rice was on sale for $3.99 so I bought one even though I still have several pounds of rice left at home.
- the wide pan whole wheat bread was on sale for $0.89 a loaf and there were only 2 loaves left so I got both of them. It'll be a nice change.
- I stocked up on 2 bags of apples at $1.69 and 2 bags of pears at $1.49
- I bought vegetables since I have been bad about incorporating veggies in my dinners lately: broccoli ($1.79), zucchini ($1.79), tomatoes ($1.39) and Romaine lettuce ($1.99)
- I found cans of tart cherries and dark cherries so I got 2 of each to bake goodies later on ($1.79 each) and cappuccino chocolate chips ($1.99 each, 2 bags)
- For my pantry, I bought cans of tomato soup concentrate ($0.49 each), panko and seasoned bread crumbs ($0.79 each), cans of cannellini and chickpeas ($0.65 each).
- I decided to treat my loved ones to some ice cream, so I bought 3 pints of it at $1.99 each.
- I also bought a 4-tier shelf that I want to put near the sliding door because there is a mess of shoes and other items there all the time; it was $8.99.
- My OOP was $76.55 and I paid with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- I submitted rebates to Mobisave (10 cents off apples, 10 cents off canned soup) and to Checkout 51 ($0.25 off tomatoes).
- I called my daughter to ask her to check on the kittens (she was cuddling with them already!) and ask if she would please get me a free bagel with her Panera's Reward since I had gotten her ice cream. She agreed :) I'd rather have a bagel than ice cream, myself!
- I gassed up my SUV at $2.16/gal. I paid with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards, earned loyalty points on my app, and received a new receipt that will earn me a new freebie.
- I redeemed a survey reward code for a free apple fritter, which I gave to my son for his after-school snack.
- Vet's office:
- The technician had called me back last week after talking to the vet who treats Male Cat to assure me that the gel joint supplement was safe for him so I stopped by to buy the tube of supplement ($18.99).
- I inquired whether the kitten food was available in bags larger than the small bags I've been buying because they don't last long. But it's not! That's so dumb. So I bought yet another bag of kitten food for $13.99 because I've already used 1/2 the bag that I bought last week.
- I charged everything to USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- Publix #2:
- I wanted to see if they had the Community coffee since I had another $4.00/2 coupon. The shelf was bare but I asked a stocker if he could check in the stockroom and he came back with boxes of it. Hooray! So I bought 2 bags of the breakfast blend,on BOGO at $6.99 and redeemed the $4.00/2 coupon. I didn't bother entering my phone number to see if any digital coupons would come off this time.
- I also bought a small onion for $0.21 and received $0.25 back from Ibotta so this was a money maker!
- I paid for the $3.20 OOP with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- The milk was on sale at Walgreens but not CVS this week so I had decided to pay for it and get it at WG. I ended up buying 2 gallons of it because I remembered at last year around Halloween, CVS hadn't had milk on sale several weeks in a row.
- I also bought 2 bags of M&Ms and finally remembered to buy the Coffee Nut variety that Pixel Peeper is so fond of! There were on sale for $2.50 each and I used a $1.50/2 manufacturer coupon and a $1.00/2 store coupon to get both for $2.50. I redeemed the $1.50 Register Rewards voucher earned last week so they cost me $1.00 (plus tax).
- I checked the clearance cart on a whim and found a set of colored ink for my HP Wifi printer on clearance for $19.99! I usually pay $33.99 for it at Staples so this was a good deal.
- I paid for the $28.12 OOP with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards. I earned 230 Balance Rewards points, woohoo! I'm very close to getting a $10 credit towards my next purchase.
- Library: I had checked my email and seen that the latest John Sandford thriller was waiting for me there so I went to pick it up. There was nothing in the donation pile that I wanted, but I got to chat with my friend the children's librarian for a few minutes.
- Back home, I browned some ground turkey and onions and made Quick Chili in the crockpot. I set a reminder to make cornbread to go with it, using the free box of Jiffy mix that I had gotten last weekend. Thanks to Bless for mentioning that I could make bean-free chili, it hadn't occurred to me!
- I documented my trip and put everything away and then warmed up the leftover butternut squash soup for my lunch. I also had a brown banana.
|The kittens helped me unpack!|
- I submitted my receipts for the various rebates and cuddled with the kittens. I was credited with the money from Checkout 51, Ibotta and MobiSave within minutes!
- My son borrowed my bike for a school assignment he had to do.
- I was stuck on the couch the rest of the afternoon because two kittens were napping on me, so I played several episodes of Law & Order from a DVD borrowed from the library, although I was also surfing the web at the same time so I only paid partly attention to the show. This is becoming a habit with me. The DVD set is due tomorrow but I still have most of a DVD to watch and books to read in the meantime so I renewed the DVD since no one had it on hold.
- I received a new set of Bath & Body Works coupons in the mail.
- I baked a pan of cornbread by using the free box of Jiffy corn muffin mix that I got last weekend. We used half of it for dinner and I froze the other 4 pieces of the next time I make chili.
- I was able to order a sample of Pillsbury biscuits via the Pillsbury e-newsletter.
- Gas to go meet my BFF and for my daughter to go meet her BFF!
- Various baking supplies.
- I had to compost about 1/2 a cucumber that had gone bad.
- I had butter fingers and dropped an egg that crashed to the ground :(
- Fed the kittens
- Cooked breakfast for Greg
- Packed his lunch
- Mixed bread dough
- Clipped and sorted coupons
- Met my BFF for coffee and a chat
- Ran errands and did the grocery shopping
- Started dinner in the crockpot
- Documented my trip and put everything away
- Submitted rebates
- Cuddled with the kittens
- Baked corn bread
- Input receipts in my checkbook and a couple of spreadsheets
- Cuddled with kitten
- Ordered sample
- For my BFF being willing to listen to my crazy family stories before going to work!
- For Coffee Nut M&M's :)
|My little Princess, playing with my fingers.|