Since I stocked up on meat last months, I'm going to try to spend only $50 per week in April.
This week, though, I did some shopping on Saturday because Greg wanted hamburgers and I went grocery shopping on Monday instead of Wednesday and picked up a couple of things that weren't on my list... so I went over budget willingly.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $50.00
Total OOP: $67.69
Rebates expected: $0.00
Total spent after rebates: $67.69
Money left in budget: OVER BUDGET BY $17.69
Baking Supplies: $2.99 OOP
- I wanted to make more chocolate cupcakes to use up some of the spoiled milk this weekend but I didn't think that I had enough baking cocoa left so I bought this can at Save A Lot on Saturday. It's more expensive than at Aldi's. However, I ended up having enough in the old can for this week's cupcakes. Aldi was still out of stock on Monday anyway.
- 1 can of baking cocoa (Save A Lot) @ $2.99
Beverages: $2.29 OOP
- A 12-can package of ginger ale (Save A Lot), @ $2.29
- An XL hazelnut coffee from Racetrac, FREE after survey code redemption.
Breads/Baked Goods: $4.28 OOP
- Greg decided that he wanted hamburgers for dinner on Saturday afternoon so since we were running errands and needed to go to Winn Dixie, I got the buns there. Later on we stopped by Save A Lot so I could have saved $0.30 by buying them there!
- (1) 30-ct package of corn tortillas (Aldi) @ $1.29
- (2) loaves white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85 each = $1.70
- (1) 8-ct package of hamburger buns (Winn Dixie) @ $1.29
- (1) box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix (Winn Dixie)@ $0.50 and got $0.50 back from SavingStar so FREE
- Each box of Honey Nut Cheerios has several General Mills coupons printed on the back of the box.
- (2) boxes chocolate Lucky Charms (Winn Dixie), FREE after BOGO sale and BOGO printable manufacturer coupon
- (2) boxes Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch (Winn Dixie), FREE after BOGO sale and BOGO printable manufacturer coupon and will get $0.50 back from SavingStar
Dairy: $11.26 OOP
- Greg is eating a lot of yogurt these days so I decided to up the quantity that I buy every week to 10 cups.
- 16-oz container of heavy whipping cream (Aldi) @ $1.89
- 10 cups of Fit & Active yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.39 each = $3.90
- 16-oz package of Fit & Active American cheese slices (Aldi) @ $1.89
- 8 oz of mozzarella (Aldi) @ $1.79
- 8 oz of Monterey Jack (Aldi) @ $1.79
- I only needed 3 cans of chiles for my recipe but I had $1.00/2 coupons so I bought 4 boxes to maximize my savings.
- (4) 4-oz cans of Ortega diced chiles (Target) @ $0.99 each, minus (2) $1.00/2 blinkie coupons and 5% Redcard discount = $1.88
- (2) 8-oz cans of no salt added tomato sauce (Save A Lot) @ $0.25 each = $0.50
- 16 oz package of wide egg noodles (Aldi) @ $1.25
- I got the grapes on Saturday. They weren't $0.50/lb anymore, but even at $0.99/lb, they were a steal!
- I went shopping with my daughter on Monday and she requested some apple juice. It wasn't on my list, originally.
- I had planned on getting raspberries but my daughter preferred the strawberries and since they were the same price and we get more berries with the strawberries, I agreed that it was the better buy.
- I had my daughter go back to Save A Lot on Tuesday to pick up an 8-lb bag of Red Delicious apples since I had forgotten to get them on Monday and the sale ended on Tuesday. Both she and my son, along with Greg, are eating apples now so they are going much faster than in the past!
- 3.92 lbs of grapes (Aldi) @ $0.99/lb = $3.88
- 1 bottle of organic apple juice (Aldi) @ $2.49
- 2.83 lbs of bananas (Aldi) @ $0.44/lb = $1.25 and I got $0.25 back from Checkout 51 so $1.00
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes (Aldi) @ $1.49
- 1 bag of spinach (Aldi) @ $1.79, and I got $0.25 back from Snap = $1.54
- 2 lbs of carrots (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 3 quarts of Driscoll's strawberries (Target) @ $2.99 each, minus 5% Carthweel, 5% Redcard discount, (3) $0.75/1 printable manufacturer coupons and $1.50/7.00 digital store coupon = $3.24
- 1 large cucumber (Aldi) @ $0.59
- 8 lbs Red Delicious apples (Save A Lot) @ $3.99
- As I mentioned earlier, Greg decided on Saturday afternoon that he wanted hamburgers for dinner but I didn't have any meat defrosted. Winn Dixie was selling the ground beef for $4.69/lb, which was too expensive for my taste so I decided to get the 3-lb chub, which was a better deal per lb. I meant to buy more ground beef soon anyway so it worked out.
- 3 lbs of ground beef (Winn Dixie) on sale for $11.49
- 2 dozen large eggs (Aldi) @ $1.39 each = $2.78
- 9-oz container of oven roasted turkey breast (Aldi) @ $2.49
Snacks: $7.47 OOP
- I had more coupons to use at Winn Dixie but the sale ended Tuesday and my store only had 1 more box after I bought mine on Monday. I decided against driving back on Tuesday.
- Neither the almonds nor the peanut butter were on my shopping list but my daughter asked me to get her more almonds (her favorite and only snack right now) and the peanut butter was on clearance so I stocked up.
- 8 boxes of Horizon organic graham snacks (Winn Dixie), free after BOGO sale and BOGO coupons redemption.
- 12 oz roasted salted almonds (CVS) @ $5.49
- 2 jars of Peter Pan creamy peanut butter (Save A Lot), marked down to $0.99 each = $1.98