Since I stocked up on meat last months, I'm going to try to spend only $50 per week in April.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $50.00
Total OOP: $55.38
Rebates expected: $0.00
Total spent after rebates: $55.38
Money left in budget: OVER BUDGET by $5.38
I went a little over budget this week because I ended up stocking up on some items that I saw on sale and couldn't resist :)
Baking Supplies: $3.93 OOP
- I wasn't planning on buying the frosting but it was a great price and I couldn't resist :)
- 1 container pink frosting (Aldi) on clearance @ $0.65
- 5 lbs AP flour (Aldi) @ $1.39
- 4 lbs white sugar (Aldi) @ $1.89
Beverages: $0.00 OOP
- None needed
Breads/Baked Goods: $0.85 OOP
- 1 loaf white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85
- None needed
Dairy: $12.61 OOP
- 1 lb unsalted butter (Publix), on sale @ $2.00, minus $1.00/1 Market Pantry butter Target printable coupon = $1.00
- 1 quart whole milk (Publix), @ $1.79, FREE after gift card
- 2 gallons whole milk (CVS), @ $3.19 = $6.38
- 7 cups Fit & Active yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.39 each = $2.73
- 4 wedges Sargento Aged Cheddar Tasting Cheese (Publix) on sale @ 3/$5, minus $1/2 printable manufacturer coupon and (2) $0.75/1 insert manufacturer coupons and free Sargento Tasting cheese wyb (3) Sargento items Publix store coupon = $2.50
- 0.53 lb of Boar's Head No Salt Added Swiss cheese (Publix) @ $6.09 but FREE after gift card
- The Alexia products weren't on my shopping list but I saw a great store coupon and I had manufacturer coupons to stack so I decided to stock up. Yes, making my own fries would be cheaper but I haven't had great success when I've made them myself.
- 1 can of cannellini beans (Aldi) @ $0.65
- 1 bottle of Carlini EVOO (Aldi) @ $3.29
- 1 bag of Alexia potato puffs (Publix) @ $2.87, minus $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupon = $1.87
- 1 bag of Alexia sweet potato fries (Publix) @ $2.87, minus $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupon = $1.87
- 1 bag of Alexia Smart Classics potato fries (Publix) @ $2.87, minus $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupon and minus free Alexia Smart Classics wyb 2 Alexia products Publix store coupon = $1.00 MONEY MAKER
- I couldn't believe it when I saw that the grapes were still on special @ $0.50/lb at my Save A Lot! They weren't on my shopping list this week but I couldn't let this great price go by... we love grapes.
- Same with the mushrooms at Aldi. They were on sale and there was a Snap rebate so I got them. Mushrooms are pretty versatile so I can add them to a stew, omelet or even salad very easily.
- The lentils were on "special" at Aldi and even though I knew I had some in my pantry, I decided to stock up.
- Target still had the Driscoll strawberries on sale and I had 2 coupons so I bought them. I wish I had printed 4 coupons because then I could have bought 4 packages and qualified for the $1.50/$7.00 Target store coupon on produce.
- 8 lbs Red Delicious apples (Save A Lot) @ $3.99
- 5.35 lbs red grapes (Save A Lot) @ $0.50/lb = $2.68
- 2.24 lbs bananas (Aldi) @ $0.44/lb = $0.99 and got $0.25 back from Checkout 51 = $0.74
- 8 oz mushrooms (Aldi) @ $0.79 and got $0.25 back from Snap by Groupon = $0.54
- 2 quarts Driscoll's strawberries (Target) on sale @ $2.00 each, minus (2) $0.75/1 printable manufacturer coupons = $2.50
- 1 lb lentils (Aldi) on clearance @ $0.79
- I had no intention of buying as many meat items as I did but the price on the pork sirloin was very good (Aldi), I have some marinade sauces to use up so I decided to buy some beef on clearance (Winn Dixie), and I was looking at what coupons I could possibly use at Dollar Tree and happened to have one for Hormel pepperoni.
- 1 dozen eggs (Aldi) @ $1.39
- 2 packages Hormel pepperoni (Dollar Tree) @ $1.00 each, minus $1.00/2 printable manufacturer coupon = $1.00
- 1 10 oz beef chorizo (Save A Lot) @ $1.69
- 4.27 lbs of pork sirloin roast (Aldi) @ $1.99/lb = $8.32
- 1.07 lbs of beef chuck steak (Winn Dixie) on 50% clearance @ $3.39
- 0.55 lb of Boar's Head lower sodium turkey (Publix) @ $5.66 but FREE after gift card
- 0.26 lb of Boar's Head turkey pastrami (Publix) @ $2.75 but FREE after gift card
Snacks: $4.28 OOP
- I have 2 more BOGO coupons for the Horizon snacks (I didn't want to clear the shelf) so I might go back to Winn Dixie later on this week and get 4 more free boxes :)
- I bought the M&Ms for my son since I was buying the almonds for my daughter and I ate the blueberry muffin as my mid-morning snack :)
- 4 boxes Horizon chocolate graham snacks (Winn Dixie) on BOGO sale @ $2.99, minus (2) BOGO printable manufacturer coupons = FREE
- 2 jars Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams (Target) @ $3.74 each, minus BOGO printable manufacturer coupon = $3.74, minus 5% Redcard discount = $3.55 and got $1.00 back from Checkout 51 = $2.55
- 23.75 oz of Gold Emblem raw natural almonds (CVS) on sale @ $7.99, minus $1.00/1 printable store coupon, minus $5.50 in ECB redemption = $1.49
- 1 single pack of M&M's (CVS) on sale @ $0.99, minus $0.75/1 store coupon = $0.24
- 1 jumbo blueberry muffin (Racetrac), FREE after survey reward code redemption