Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Other Great Buys This Week


Here are some other (as in non-food) great deals that I made this week:


  • I got another (2) 23-lb boxes of Purina Purpose cat litter from Target. They are priced at $9.99 each so $19.98 for both. I redeemed a $10.00/2 printable manufacturer coupon and a $1.00/1 printable Target store coupon (my store won't let me redeem 2 of the same store coupons in the same trip). I charged them to my Redcard so I got an additional 5% off.  I paid $8.53 out of pocket and got a $10 Target gift card back. I will use it to reduce my grocery expenses next week!



  • I wanted to get more lettuce seeds. I stopped by Dollar Tree but they only had 1 lettuce seed packet. I also picked up 1 more Kentucky Wonder pole bean seeds and (3) packets of mustard spinach. I hadn't seen those before.  They were priced at $0.25/pack and for a minimal investment, I will save a lot of money on fresh greens and beans this fall.


  • Still looking for cheap lettuce seeds, I stopped by Family Dollar where I found a display with lots of them! I got 8 packages of 2 different varieties @ $0.25 each.  Between those and the seeds I hope to harvest from the Bibb lettuce in my garden, I should be covered in the Fall. I need to remember to stagger the planting so we never run out.



  • Target still had those Glade plugins refills on clearance for $2.44 and I had a $1.00/1 printable Target coupon. I also got the 5% Redcard discount.  I paid $1.37 out of pocket and redeemed a $0.50 SavingStar rebate so I will end up paying $0.87 for 2 refills.  Not bad!



  • I got this container of Clearasil Ultra 5-in-1 pads from Walgreens for $7.99 plus tax, after checking prices in a few other stores.  There is a $5.99 mail-in rebate on it and there was also a $2.00 coupon in a newspaper insert but no one donated inserts to my library this week so I had to use a $1.00 printable coupon instead. Still, $1 plus tax and the cost of a stamp is a great price in my book!


  • 2 packages of Tena pads from CVS. They were on sale @ $5.00 each and I had (2) $2.00/1 printable CVS store coupons. There also was a 2 ECB offer on them.  So I paid $6.00 out of pocket, which isn't a great price but I needed to restock on feminine pads pretty soon so it wasn't completely bad either :) Yes, I know those are incontinence pads, but honestly, I don't really see the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!