Here are some other (as in non-food) great deals that I made this week:
- I never buy Lysol products unless there is a Try Me Free rebate on them. I do have such a rebate for this package of Lysol Power & Free Tap Top so it'll cost me just $0.31 for the tax and also the price of the stamp.
- I bought a nice paintbrush for my daughter for just $0.25 at the South Lake Animal League thrift store. Even though the packaging says it's for use with Tulip Fashion paints, it can be used to paint transfer designs on cloth... which is what she might do for the pillow cases she is working on as a wedding present for her uncle.
- This cool mini "pie cupboard" was on sale at the same thrift store for just $3.00. I decided to buy it and use it as a decoration in the bedroom that I repainted recently, which will function as a guest room.
- These 2 outdoor pillows were on sale at Aldi this week for just $3.99 each. They will be paired with the patio furniture set that I bought last week from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore thrift store.
- This roll of 50 ft of landscape fabric was $11.07 on the Ace Hardware website, but the store manager clued me in that it was on sale for just $4.99 in store so I cancelled my online order and bought it at my local store this morning.
- Thanks to TotallyTarget for the head's up on this deal on Purina Purpose cat litter at Target. It was on sale @ $9.99 for each 23-lb box, there was a 10% Cartwheel offer and I had (4) $4.00/1 printable manufacturer coupons! I used my Target Redcard as well, so I paid $18.97 + tax for 92 lbs of cat litter or $0.21 per lb. I usually pay $0.28/lb at Aldi. The Purina litter also smells very good, which is always a plus. I think they have some Glade or similar air freshening product in it.
- My HP wireless color inkjet printer is very convenient but goes through color ink like there's no tomorrow even though I rarely use the printer and I even more rarely print in color. Grrr. I usually buy the $63 package that contains 1 cartridge of each color (Magenta, Cyan and Yellow) and an XL black cartridge. But I have a stock of 3 or 4 XL black cartridges whereas I am out of the smaller color cartridges. I saw that they were $11.99 each at Staples but $10.99 on their website. I asked the cashier to price match them but the store was running a B1, get 1 50% off promotion and in this case, they don't price match. Still, I got the 2 cartridges for $17.98 plus tax and I redeemed $2 in ink rewards and $11.00 in Staples Rewards (awarded to me by their Customer Service when I complained about something) so they just cost me $5.33 out of pocket. Sweet! I also turned in another cartridge for another $2.00 ink reward (to be awarded next quarter).
- I needed a frame for the free 8x10 picture I printed at Walgreens for free last weekend, so I stopped by the Dollar Tree to get a $1.00 frame. I bought a second one so I have one on hand if I happen to take (or be sent) a cool picture that I decide to print!