Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Daily Freebies: Wednesday 5/6/15




Here is what I got/found for free today!


  • A large hazelnut coffee with hazelnut creamers and sweetener from Racetrac, free after redemption of survey reward code. I put it in the fridge and will have it for breakfast tomorrow morning.


  • A corn dog from Racetrac, free after redemption of coupon for a free hot roller item from Sodapalooza promo. I ate it for lunch.



  • 2 boxes of Weight Watchers chocolate creme cakes. Free after BOGO sale at Publix and I will submit my receipt to get 1 box refunded thanks to Weight Watchers' "If you don't like it we'll refund it" policy.



  • A box of Horizon chocolate graham snacks, free after redemption of BOGO coupon at Publix.


  • A package of 10 Mission flour tortillas, free with BOGO promo at Publix. 


  • A dozen of large eggs from Winn Dixie, free after redemption of digital coupon earned when I downloaded the new Winn Dixie app on my phone. 



  • The latest thriller from John Sandford, borrowed (hence free!) from our library system.  I can't wait to read it, John Sandford is an awesome writer!



  • A couple of coupon inserts from the library's donation pile.



  • A sample issue of Better Homes & Gardens, from the library's donation pile. I'm always happy to clip new recipes and this one seems to be only recipes.


  • A 20-oz bottle of Diet Coke from Target, free after redemption of digital coupon from MyCokeRewards (50 MCR points). 



  • A reusable bag from CVS, free after their "Fill this free bag with CVS-branded full-priced products and get 30% off your purchase" promo (I bought almonds for my daughter and used a coupon as well as the 30% off promo).


  •  A bottle of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear nail polish from CVS, free after sale, redemption of a $1.00/1 printable coupon and issue of a $0.99 ECB to be used on a future purchase.


  •  A ham, egg and cheese croissant from Racetrac, free after redemption of Free Breakfast Sandwich coupon from Sodapalooza promo.


  •  A toothbrush, sample tube of toothpaste, and sample roll of floss from our dentist's office, free with my daughter's office visit for her dental clean-up. Update: we actually got 2 sets of these as my son got one too.

  • A small cup of Community Coffee, free from Winn Dixie (coffee station located near the bakery), sponsored by Community Coffee.



Update: I had forgotten that I had redeemed a $10 Target Gift card and $8.00 in ECBs that made more items free to me!

From Target: (I still have about $4 of credit from the gift card to apply to next week's trip)

  • 4 quarts of strawberries
  • 3 boxes of pasta at target
  • 3 bottles of marinara sauce
From CVS:
  • 3 boxes of Special K Red Berries
  • 1 gallon of milk

2 comments:

  1. Did I read that wrong or did you get all those items from Target for only about six bucks?!?! (You said you had four left on the gift card so I am assuming here) If so, that is amazing! I don't even think that is possible to do here in CT! Great job with all the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well $7, actually. I guess I made a $1 mistake (I also had Greg's socks on the total bill which actually ate up the rest of the $10 gift card so I had to do the calculations on the food by hand and my math skills are... bad! I'm keeping that portion as a credit that I'll apply to my Target trip recap next week, though, and I deducted the full cost of the socks from my budget) but here is the breakdown:

      4 quarts of strawberries @ $2.00 each = $8.00, minus 5% Cartwheel made them $1.90 each, minus (4) $1.00/1 coupons = $0.90 each, minus 5% Redcard discount made them $0.86 each or $3.44

      3 boxes of pasta @ $1.00 each = $3.00, minus $1.00/3 coupon = $2.00, minus 5% Cartwheel and 5 % Redcard = $1.81

      3 jars marinara sauce @ $1.00 each = $3.00, minus $1.00/3 coupon = $2.00, minus 5% Cartwheel and 5 % Redcard = $1.81

      Total OOP was $7.06 and I had a $10 gift card from buying the cat litter last week so it was free to me :) The Target deals are nation-wide usually (although produce prices might be local, I'm not sure) so if you had printed the same coupons and had that $10 gift card, you could have done the same deals. There's a blog called "Totally Target" that I follow that gives heads-up on deals at Target, if you want to check it out. I dismiss 95% of them because I just don't buy that many health/beauty/cleaning products, but the blogger gives heads-up on Cartwheel offers, and coupon stacks, which is always helpful. If you're interested in getting Driscoll coupons for berry purchases, you should join the Driscoll's Consumer Panel. All you have to do is fill out a short online survey each time you buy Driscoll's berries (you use the codes from the sticker at the bottom of the container) and they email you printable coupons (you can print each coupon twice). You start by earning $0.50/1 coupon, then it goes up to $0.75/1 once you've filled out 7 surveys, and to $1.00/1 once you've filled up 16 surveys. I'm awash in Driscoll's coupons right now (I think I have 8 of the $0.75/1 and I'll be getting 8 of the $1.00/1 with this latest purchase). The program used to have the coupon links that they email you expire on 12/31 so I would wait until later in the year to print a lot of them (when berry prices are higher) but now the links expire after 60 days. The coupons expire 30 days after you print them. Driscoll's berries are usually higher than local berries (or than those at Aldi) but once you reach the $1.00/1 coupon level, you actually pay less than at Aldi. Obviously, you'd want to get started on earning those coupons as early in the year as possible :)

      I'm sure you know about printing Target store coupons (some grocery stores accept them as competitor coupons too, down here Publix does if there's a Target nearby) from http://coupons.target.com/ and also about the Cartwheel program (http://cartwheel.target.com/) and signing up for digital Target coupons to be texted to you (I think you need to text OFFERS to 827-438 to sign up but if it's the wrong code word, you'll probably get a text back giving you the correct one). You probably already know this too, but you can stack store coupons with manufacturer coupons to maximize your savings.


      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!