Sunday, August 30, 2015
Do I drive to Winn Dixie to take advantage of the $2/lb pork loin 3-day sale (today through Tuesday only and I only have access to my SUV or Greg's truck today...) OR do I skip the sale and add a "No Drive Day" to my 2015 tally?
Cons of going today:
1) It's a good sale but the loin has been $2.29/lb at Aldi so not an incredible sale.
2) Winn Dixie is about 10-15 minutes away from here. I drive a gas-guzzler. It'll cost me about a gallon of gas for the round-trip, which means about $2.14 expense.
Pros of going today:
1) I save $0.30/lb on pork loin, something that I do need to stock up on.
2) I could stop by Save A Lot too and get more $0.99/lb grapes before the sale ends on Tuesday AND try to score more free cardboard boxes, which I need for my gardening project.
1) I think my teen daughter is driving to the college tomorrow, and if so she could stop by Winn Dixie for me (on the way) and practice finding the correct cut of meat, using my Winn Dixie card to get the discount AND paying with our shared credit card... I'd have to make sure she packs it into one of the cooler bags that I keep in the car since then she'd be at the college for 90 minutes? Also, I could ask her to see if there are cardboard boxes available in front of the Winn Dixie Liquor store right next door (they usually pile them up in front of the store on Monday mornings and they're free for the taking). But I'm not sure if she would have time to do this before her lab and I don't want to go there when it's dark because I don't feel that it's the safest part of town for a teen girl to be after dark. With my car. She definitely wouldn't have time to go to Save A Lot too. So no grapes and no extra boxes?
2) Or I could ask my middle son, who I think is off tomorrow and planning on going shopping in Clermont with his GF, to stop by the Winn Dixie liquor store to see if they have free cardboard boxes But, he's not all that reliable.
Hmmm, I think I'm talking myself into driving there myself today... I can't do all my shopping today since my fridge is still kind of full and I wanted to go on Wednesday to take advantage of the new Aldi deals anyway. Plus I haven't worked on my menu for the week yet so if I go before doing that, I might need to go out again on Wednesday anyway. If I went today and scored more cardboard boxes, I could finish my mulching gardening project before the end of the week, possibly. Argh, I can't make up my mind!