However, this week I had to spend almost the whole $100 since I decided to stock up on several items (and also overspent in the snacks category!). Being as frugal as I can during certain weeks allows me to stock up on good deals when they're available without feeling guilty!
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $91.06
Rebates expected: $0.75
Total spent after rebates: $90.31
Money left in budget: $9.69
Baking Supplies: $1.59 OOP
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips (Aldi) @ $1.59
Beverages: $2.46 OOP
- 12 can ginger ale (Save A Lot) @ $2.29 + tax = $2.46
Breads/Baked Goods: $1.70 OOP
|+ another one!|
- 2 loaves of white bread (Aldi) @ $1.70
- OMZ, I can't believe all the cereal I bought... but, trust me, it won't go to waste. Everyone was having great deals on General Mills cereal and I did get 2 boxes of Kellogg's Cereals too, which will earn me 160 KFR points. Sadly, none of the GM boxes had BOGO coupons on them :( and I redeemed my last BOGO coupons.
- Target shorted me $0.75 in Cartwheel. I was supposed to get 10% off on 4 boxes, but only 1 discount was taken off. I called Customer Service and asked if I could get the refund next Wednesday. They usually want you to come back within 3 days but the rep gave me her name and said she'd be there next Wednesday and to just ask for her.
- 1 box GM Star Wars Limited Edition Lucky Charms (Target), on sale @ $2.50, minus 10% Cartwheel discount = $2.25, minus $0.75/1 printable manufacturer coupon and 5% Redcard discount = $1.43
- 3 boxes GM Star Wars Limited Edition Lucky Charms (Target), on sale @ $2.50 = $7.50, minus (3) $0.75/1 printable manufacturer coupons and minus 5% Redcard discount = $4.98 ($1.66 each)
- 1 box GM Cocoa Puffs (Target), on sale @ $2.50, minus $0.75/1 printable manufacturer coupon and minus 5% Redcard discount = $1.66 and got $5.00 Target Gift Card
- 2 boxes Kelloggs Strawberry Mini-Wheats (CVS), on sale @ $2.00 each = $4.00, minus $1.00/2 printable manufacturer coupon = $3.00, minus $2.00 CVS "Just because" coupon = $1.00 but FREE because used CVS gift card earned with American Express Rewards, and got $2.00 in ECBs back.
- 1 box GM Lucky Charms (CVS), on sale @ $2.00 each, minus $1.00/3 CVS kiosk coupon = $1.00 but FREE because used CVS gift card earned with American Express Rewards
- 6 boxes GM Lucky Charms - 4 chocolate, 2 regular (Publix), on BOGO sale @ $3.83 each = $11.49, minus (3) BOGO coupons from previous boxes = FREE
Dairy: $9.97 OOP and got $2.00 in ExtraCare Bucks
- 8 oz Monterey Jack (Aldi) @ $1.59
- 8 oz mild Cheddar (Aldi) @ $1.59
- 2 gallons TG Lee DairyPure milk (CVS) @ $3.79 each. minus 25% discount from mailer coupon = $5.68, minus (2) $1.00/1 manufacturer coupons = $3.58 but FREE because used CVS gift card earned with American Express Rewards and got $2.00 in ECBs
- 1 lb unsalted butter (Aldi) @ $2.89
- 10 Fit & Active yogurt cups (Aldi) @ $0.39 each = $3.90
- Greg completely forgot to buy honey when he was in NC so I bought this bottle from Aldi.
- I wasn't planning on buying peanut butter today but Aldi had the 40 oz jars on Seasonal Sale for $2.99 each so I stocked up. Again, this won't go bad at our house.
- The pasta was an OK deal at Target so I stocked up as well.
- I didn't think I'd be in the mood to cook tonight so I remembered to pick up a pizza at Aldi. I'll top it with ham and pepperoni that I already have in the fridge... and perhaps some homegrown jalapeños as well!
- 1 jar honey (Aldi) @ $5.49
- 1 bottle Fit & Active Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (Aldi) @ $1.29
- (4) 40-oz jar of crunchy peanut butter (Aldi), on special @ $2.99 each = $11.96
- (4) boxes Market Pantry pasta (Target) @ $1.24 each, minus 5% Cartwheel discount, minus $1.00 Target store coupon, minus 5% RedCard discount and got 1 box for free with promo = $2.45
- (1) extra large cheese pizza (Aldi) @ $4.99
- Bad news for my wallet: the Driscoll's strawberries were more expensive this week. But it was still a better deal than to buy them at Aldi.
- I asked the Save A Lot cashier if she would discount the bananas to $0.29/lb since they were brown (the rest of their stock was greenish) and she agreed. This is something they usually do on their own but the brown bananas weren't officially marked down yet.
- I should have paid more attention to the tomatoes when I picked up this package because I found a rotten tomato at the bottom:(
- I stayed true to my resolution and only bought fruit and salad stuff. I have plenty of veggies in my fridge and my freezer that I need to use up!
- 2.07 lbs of bananas (Aldi) @ $0.39/lb = 0.81 and I got $0.25 back from Checkout 51 = $0.56
- 1 bottle organic apple juice (Aldi) @ $2.49
- (4) quarts of Driscoll's strawberries (Target) @ $2.49 each, minus 5% Cartwheel discount, minus (4) $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupons from Driscoll's Consumer Panel, minus 5% Redcard discount = $5.20
- 1.70 lbs of brown bananas (Save A Lot) reduced at @ $0.29/lb = $0.49
- 2 Haas avocados (Save A Lot) @ $0.99 each = $1.98
- 2 mangoes (Save A Lot) @ $0.69 each = $1.38
- 1 quart grape tomatoes (Aldi), on sale @ $0.99
- 1 cucumber (Aldi), on sale @ $0.29
- 2.5 lbs red grapes (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.99/lb = $2.48
- I wasn't planning on buying more chicken breasts since I just bought a lot of them last week, but the price was right after coupon and I will be able to use the bones to make chicken stock too. A win-win.
- No stores had sales on eggs this week so I had to pay $2.49/dozen. Yikes.
- 2 bags Armour Italian Meatballs (Publix), on BOGO sale @ $4.99
- (2) 20-oz packages of Gold'n Plump chicken breasts (Target), on sale @ $2.99 each, minus (2) $1.50/1 printable manufacturer coupons from their e-club, minus 5% Redcard discount = $2.84 (or $1.42 each)
- (2) 20-oz packages of Gold'n Plump chicken breasts (Target), on sale @ $2.99 each, minus (2) $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupons from their e-club, minus 5% Redcard discount = $3.78 (or $1.89 each)
- 2 dozens large eggs (Aldi) @ $2.49 each = $4.98
Snacks: $8.64 OOP
- I went to Aldi twice this week. The first time was on Sunday with my son and I was hungry. Can you tell?! Most of the snacks were bought on that day!
- 1 bag tortilla chips (Aldi) @ $1.19
- 12 mini croissants (Aldi) @ $2.49
- 1 box Swiss rolls (Aldi) @ $0.99
- 1 box chocolate coated cookies (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 2 boxes sugar free mints (Aldi) @ $0.99 each = $1.98