Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $50.00
Total OOP: $60.13
Rebates expected: $0.00
Total spent after rebates: $60.13
Money left in budget: OVER BUDGET by $10.13
Baking Supplies: $0.00 OOP
- None needed.
Beverages: $2.98 OOP
- I had told my daughter she would have to pay for the Arizona tea that she wanted, but there was a sale so I got 4 of them instead of the 2 she wanted and then I told her they were on me :)
- I wasn't planning on getting black tea since we have many boxes of it, but the coupons were good and my Publix won't be selling this type of tea after October, according to the label on the shelf.
- (4) 23-oz cans of Arizona tea (Walgreens), @ $0.99 each, minus $1.96 store coupon = $2.00
- (1) can of Murphy cherry limeade (Murphy USA), FREE with store e-coupon
- (1) can of Left Hook energy drink (Racetrac), FREE with store coupon
- 2 boxes of Lipton Black Tea (Publix) @ $1.99 each, minus (2) $1.50/1 store coupons = $0.98 ($0.49 each)
Breads/Baked Goods: $1.70 OOP
- The homemade bread is great for on-the-spot snacking, but not so great for making sandwiches for the next day so I'll keep buying bread from Aldi for Greg and our kids' sandwiches to take to work and school and I'll be making homemade bread for dinner that night.
- 2 loaves of white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85 each = $1.70
- 3 boxes of Special K Red Berries (CVS), on sale @ $2.00 each = $6.00, minus $1.00/3 printable manufacturer coupon, minus $3.00 in Extrabucks from previous trip = $2.00 (or $0.67 each) but FREE after paying with CVS gift card earned through our American Express Rewards program. I also earned 240 Kellogg's Family Rewards points.
Dairy: $10.82 OOP
- My daughter requested 6 cups of yogurt so I'll be buying more yogurt from now on.
- The brie wasn't on my list but it is sooooo good with homemade bread :)
- 1 round of Brie cheese (Aldi) @ $2.99
- 8 oz of mozzarella cheese (Aldi) @ $1.59
- 16 cups of Fit & Active yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.39 each = $6.24
- I was happy to be able to once again stack the coupons that Pinchme sent me with a store BOGO coupon to continue stocking up on my favorite sweetener!
- The tortellini weren't on my list but we like them and they don't need to be refrigerated. They used to ring up for $0.99 but they corrected their mistake this week and they rang for the advertised price of $1.29 :(
- (2) 80-ct boxes of PureVia stevia (Publix), @ $3.99 each, minus $3.99 BOGO store coupon, minus (2) $1.00/1 manufacturer coupons received from Pinchme.com = $1.99
- (1) package of tortellini with Porcini mushroom filling (Aldi) @ $1.29
- The strawberries were marked at $2.79 but rang up for $2.99. Thankfully I caught the price mistake right away and my cashier was awesome as she didn't even question me and did a price adjustment on the spot. I'm going to take the Target survey and pay her a compliment.
- We couldn't find the mandarin cups at Aldi so we checked Dollar Tree and found some there. My daughter wanted them for salads.
- The 2 bags of baby carrots were a few cents more expensive than the 2-lb bag of carrots but I won't have to peel and cut them so I decided to get the baby carrots this week :)
- (4) quarts of Driscoll's strawberries (Target) @ $2.79, minus 5% Cartwheel discount, minus (4) $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupons from Driscoll's Consumer Panel, minus $1.00/$7.00 in produce Target digital coupon, minus $3.00 Target "Apology Coupon", minus 5% RedCard discount = $2.37, but FREE with part of the $5.00 Target gift card received 2 weeks ago for buying cereal.
- (1) pint of grape tomatoes (Aldi) @ $1.49
- (2) lbs of baby carrots (Aldi) @ $0.69 each = $1.28
- (2) mangoes (Save A Lot) @ $0.69 each = $1.28
- (2) Haas avocados (Aldi) @ $0.55 each = $1.10
- 2.09 lbs of bananas (Aldi) @ $0.39/lb = $0.82, and I got $0.25 back from Checkout 51 so $0.57
- 4.91 lbs of grapes (Save A Lot) @ $0.99/lb = $4.87
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms (Aldi) @ $0.99
- 8 oz spinach (Aldi) @ $0.99
- 3 romaine hearts (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 5 lbs baking potatoes (Aldi) @ $1.69
- 3 lbs Red Delicious apples (Aldi) @ $2.89
- 3 mandarin fruit cups (Dollar Tree) @ $1.00
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli florets (Aldi) @ $1.09
- I was wondering if the cashier would refuse to redeem the raincheck I had gotten for the eggs last week since it had been written for $1.29 a dozen (the other cashier had made a mistake, it should have been written for $1.99 a dozen but I didn't notice until I got home several hours later, honest!) but she didn't bat an eye. However, she did forget to scan one of my ECB vouchers ($2) so I called the store later on and they took my card number and will research the coupons from that register.
- I bought tuna even though it wasn't on my list because I saw it and thought I had forgotten to stock back up after making tuna patties last time... but when I got home, I realized that I did actually have 4 cans already. Oh well, it won't go bad.
- 2 dozen eggs (CVS), $1.29 each with raincheck = $2.58 but FREE after paying with CVS gift card earned through our American Express Rewards program.
- 3-lb chub of Jennie-O ground turkey (Aldi) @ $5.99
- 4 cans of chunk light tuna (Aldi) @ $0.65 each = $2.60
Snacks: $11.53 and received $5.00 in Extracare Bucks
- The snack section of my posts is going to be more expensive from now on: Greg requested Clif protein bars. But they were $5.79 a box of 6 at Target and Publix (although Target has them on sale for $5.00 right now and I have a $1.00/2 store coupon) but Aldi has several versions of protein bars too. So I got 2 different types this week so he can decide which one he would prefer.
- My daughter requested these cereal bars since she investigated cereal bar prices at various stores and realized that Aldi had the best price and she also likes them.
- We have 2.5 bags of Almonds in the fridge already but decided to get more since we could get a good price on them and also some ECBs.
- 2 bags of Heavenly Light Popcorn (CVS), @ $1.00 each minus $2.00/2 printable store coupon = FREE
- (3) 16-oz bags of Abound almonds (CVS), on sale @ $7.99 each = $23.97, minus $3.00/$15.00 store coupon from kiosk = $20.97 but FREE after paying with CVS gift card earned through our American Express Rewards program, and received $5.00 in Extracare Bucks
- 2 packages of peanut butter crackers (Aldi) @ $0.89 each = $1.78
- 1 package Excite mints (Aldi) @ $0.99
- 1 box of Swiss rolls (Aldi) @ $0.99
- 1 box Fit & Active Protein Meal Bars (Aldi) @ $3.99
- 1 box Millville Protein bars (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 1 box Fit & Active Vitality cereal bars (Aldi) @ $1.79
Did you get any good deals this week?