Monday, August 24, 2015

This Week's Dinner Plans: 8/24/15 to 8/30/15


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...



MONDAY: Pasta and Meatballs Bake with Side Salad
  • From the freezer: meatballs
  • From the pantry: pasta, pasta sauce, croutons
  • From the fridge: mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, dressings
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

TUESDAY: Beef & Bean Taco Casserole
  • From the freezer: ground beef, diced green pepper
  • From the pantry: salsa, homemade taco seasoning, tortilla chips, sliced olives
  • From the fridge: tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce
  • Need to harvest: green onions
  • Need to make in advance: Make refried beans in crockpot
  • Need to buy: nothing

WEDNESDAY: White Rice and Tuna Patties with Side Salad
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: white rice, cans of tuna, EVOO, homemade bread crumbs, croutons
  • From the fridge: eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, dressings
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: mozzarella cheese

THURSDAY: Green Chile Pork Stew with Buttermilk Corn Bread (the original recipe was from Better Homes & Gardens magazine but when I search for it online, it brings up another completely different recipe with the same name. Weird.)
  • From the freezer: pork loin chunks + pork loin roast, cube of cilantro
  • From the pantry: flour, cumin, EVOO, can of corn kernels, flour, cornmeal, salt
  • From the fridge: salsa verde, sour cream, butter, buttermilk
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  Corn bread
  • Need to buy: nothing

FRIDAY: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and JalapeƱo Soup
  • From the freezer: boneless chicken breast
  • From the pantry: soup base
  • From the fridge: jalapeƱos, avocado, cheese slices, bread slices, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

SATURDAY: Cheeseburgers and Sweet Potato Fries
  • From the freezer: ground beef, Alexia sweet potato fries
  • From the pantry: nothing
  • From the fridge: american cheese slices, ketchup, light mayo, homemade spicy pickles
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: hamburger buns

SUNDAY: Ten Things Farm Chicken Drumsticks with Porcini-Stuffed Tortellini with Side Salad
  • From the freezer: Chicken drumsticks
  • From the pantry: Ten Things Farm Seasoning, porcini-stuffed tortellini
  • From the fridge: Parmesan Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, dressings
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: Roast drumsticks, pull meat
  • Need to buy: nothing

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! First I make a list of what's in my fridge, then I look at my freezer inventory, and then I usually flip through recipes that I have clipped from magazines or look for one online that might contain ingredients that I do have. This week I just mostly stuck to very easy and common dishes instead of going fancy because I wasn't too inspired and also in a rush. I've accumulated so many recipes, anyway, that I ought to stop clipping them... but I have a huge stack of magazines that I got from the library's donation pile over the past few months so I'll go through them and clip away. Otherwise I tend to make the same dishes over and over again and I get bored with that :)

      Delete
  2. I have printed out the recipe already for Beef and Bean Taco casserole. It looks so yummy. My husband won't eat olives, but the recipe looks good even if I omit them.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!