- I was careless in getting something out of the fridge and one of my jars of homemade pickles fell to the floor and spilled out half of its contents. Argh. I had a brain fart and threw the spilled mess away instead of composting it.
- I had saved a cup of chicken broth in a plastic container in my fridge, but the lid wasn't closing properly and every time the container was jostled a little, some broth would spill. Finally I opened it and it smelled a little off so I poured it down the drain.
- I forgot to make a stir-fry with some spinach left overs, like I had planned. They were almost liquid when I realized they were still in my veggie drawer. Ewww... I composted them.
- I waited too long to use the Romaine hearts that I had bought a couple of weeks ago and some of the leaves had started to go bad. I picked them off and composted them (about half a head's worth).
- We ate all the left overs.
- I made bread crumbs with the heel of a loaf of bread that had been in my fridge for a while.
I'd love to hear how YOU did this week! Feel free to post links back to your own Food Waste Friday posts in the comments.
This post was inspired by Kristen at The Frugal Girl, who has been blogging about her food waste since 2008!