Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $50.00
Total OOP: $57.34
Rebates expected: $0.50
Total spent after rebates: $56.84
Money left in budget: OVER BUDGET by $6.84
Baking Supplies: $0.00 OOP
- None needed
Beverages: $0.36 OOP
- This was an indulgence, but a cheap one :)
- 2 bottles of Starbucks Ice Coffee (Target) @ $1.99 each, minus 40% Cartwheel discount, minus (2) $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupons, minus 5% REDcard discount = $0.18 each so $0.36
Breads/Baked Goods: $0.85 OOP
- I probably should have bought 2 loaves. I might have to bake my own bread at the end of the week so I don't have to go back out just for bread.
- 1 loaf of white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85
- 1 box of Reese's Puffs (CVS), on sale @ $ 2.00, minus $0.50 printable manufacturer coupon, minus $1.00 ECB redemption = $0.50, but FREE after paying with CVS gift card earned with our American Express Rewards program. Also, I will receive a $0.50 rebate from SavingStar.
- 1 box of Cocoa Puffs (CVS), on sale @ $1.88, minus $0.75 printable manufacturer coupon, minus $1.00 ECB redemption = $0.13, but FREE after paying with CVS gift card earned with our American Express Rewards program.
- 1 box of Grapes Nuts (Target) @ $2.94, minus 10% Cartwheel discount, minus $0.75 coupon (cut out from a previous box), and minus 5% REDcard discount = $1.80
Dairy: $19.51 OOP and received $1.00 in ExtraCare Bucks
- The kefir went up to $2.79 this week (it was priced at $2.49 last week!) and this time I bought 3 bottles, just in case. They only had pomegranate or mango so I got pomegranate. Greg says it tastes just like the strawberry. I tried it and it didn't taste much like anything to me.
- I just needed 1 gallon of milk this week and I didn't have room in my freezer to get another one (for the $1 ECB). Also, I used the last of my milk coupons. I'll miss those!
- My daughter had told me she didn't need more string cheese but I'm glad I got it because she had miscalculated how much was left from the last package. I like those too!
- 1 gallon T.G. Lee DairyPure whole milk (CVS) @ $3.79, minus $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupon= $2.79 but but FREE after paying with CVS gift card earned with our American Express Rewards program, and I received $1.00 ECB.
- 3 32-oz bottles of Lifeway kefir (Aldi) @ $2.79 each = $8.37
- 1 lb unsalted butter (Aldi) @ $2.89
- 14 cups Fit & Active yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.39 each = $5.46
- 1 package Fit & Active string cheese (Aldi) @ $2.79
- None needed
- My daughter and I decided that getting the can of mandarin made more sense than getting the 3 small cups for the same price. The can is slightly heavier (so presumably more mandarin) and produces less packaging waste, for the same price.
- The potatoes weren't on my list but the price was nice for this kind of potatoes, which are my favorite kind.
- 2.41 lbs bananas (Aldi) @ $0.44/lb = $1.06 and received $0.25 from Checkout 51 = $0.81
- 2 6-oz containers Driscoll's raspberries (Target), @ $1.99 each, minus 5% Cartwheel discount, minus (2) $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupons from the Driscoll's Consumer Panel, minus $0.05 bag discount, minus 5% REDcard discount = $1.65
- 1 cantaloupe (Aldi), on sale @ $1.29
- 3 lbs navel oranges (Aldi), on sale @ 1.99
- 1 cucumber (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.50
- 1 can Libby's mandarin oranges (Dollar Tree) @ $1.00
- 4.63 lbs grapes (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.99/lb = $4.58
- 5 lbs Klondike Gold potatoes (Save A Lot), on sale @ $2.99
- The chicken sausages weren't on my list but since they're a seasonal item and we really like them, I decided to get a couple packs for my freezer.
- 2 hot dogs (Racetrac) @ $1.39 each but FREE after redemption of survey code rewards.
- 2 dozens large eggs (Walgreens), on sale @ $2.49 each = $4.98 and earned 40 Balance Reward points.
- 9 oz container of oven roasted turkey (Aldi) @ $2.49
- 2 packages of chicken sausages (Aldi), on seasonal promotion @ $2.99 each = $5.98
Snacks: $6.56 OOP
- 2 packages peanut butter crackers (Aldi) @ $0.89 each = $1.78
- 1 box Fit & Active Vitality cereal bars (Aldi) @ $1.79
- 1 package Spekuloos cookies (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 1 Snickers bar (Murphy USA) @ $1.39 but FREE after store coupon
- 2 bags light popcorn (CVS), $1.00 each but FREE after $2.00/2 printable store coupon
- 1 box Swiss Rolls (Dollar Tree) @ $1.00