HAPPENINGS AROUND HERE TODAY:
- Sunday morning... I checked the French news and then just turned on Smooth Jazz. I'm at the point where everyone's platitudes and all the so-called solidarity ("Coupons.com stands with France"?! Really?!) from brands and companies and organizations that find a way to insert themselves into what is real pain from the people who experienced those events over there sickening and it's making me angry.
- And later on this afternoon, as I was reading a book. I came across a very a propos sentence : "And, in the way of the young, he had made another's pain about himself, even if he did so for what seemed the best of reasons."
- Don't mind me, I'm very cranky today.
- I earned enough Bing Rewards credits today to allow me to order a $5 Amazon gift card :)
- I reached my first daily goal on Swagbucks (77 SB) before noon, thanks to a couple of high-reward searches.
- I printed coupons from the usual sources and also Publix store coupons from GetTheSavings.com. I also uploaded digital coupons to my Publix digital wallets and offers to SavingStar and Ibotta.
- I was excited to see that the Target coupon site finally enabled a filter so we don't have to sift through tons of pages of coupons.com manufacturer coupons to find them anymore.
- I checked out this week's deals at Walgreens and CVS and put a couple of my shopping list for the week.
- Greg went to get a haircut and paid with the prepaid GreatClips gift card that I had given him last year.
- One of the Christmas presents I had on my list to get was an iTunes gift card for my daughter. Staples had a 20% off all iTunes gift cards sale today so I ordered her a $25 gift card, paid $20 and got free shipping because of my Staples Rewards membership. I went through Swagbucks which is offering 2SB per dollar spent, although gift card purchases are not eligible. Oh well, "just in case" :)
- I found a bottle of Sprite in the recycling bin that my son had placed there yesterday (I didn't realize he had also bought a drink when he was out and about with Greg) so I collected the bottle cap. I also collected the bottle cap from the 2L bottle of Diet Coke that I bought for dinner last night. I am saving them for the next double points event on MyCokeRewards!
- Speaking of deliveries, my new Kindle Fire came in on Friday... the mail delivery person once again jammed all the mail in my mailbox, regardless of whether or not I'd be able to get it out! I got the letters out but I couldn't get the Amazon box out as the opening on my side is much tighter than the opening on the side of the mail delivery person so I had to work my fingers inside and pull the package apart so I could pull the Kindle out and then wrestle the cardboard packaging out of the box. And then there was another smaller one lodged all the way in the back too! The mailbox is right across the street from my house and there were 3 cars in the driveway when she delivered the mail. You don't think she could have come up the driveway to hand me the stuff that wouldn't fit in there without cramming it full?! I've left notes before asking her NOT to stuff the mailbox so full that I can't get the stuff out without ripping it/destroying it but she just doesn't seem to care. I've also complained to USPS about other issues with our mail delivery and have never heard back from them. They are the WORST. I wish Amazon would just use UPS all the time. My UPS delivery guys are wonderful.
WE SPLURGED ON:
- Greg left a larger than usual tip at Great Clips.
- For lunch, my son and I weren't inspired by what we had in the fridge, so we drove to Hardee's and picked some sandwiches for ourselves and some chicken tenders for my middle son. Greg had already had a can of soup and didn't want anything. I checked for printable coupons before we left but couldn't find any for us to use. However, our server included a sheet of them in our bag when she brought it to our car. We ate our sandwiches with some of the potato salad from last night's Publix Family Combo Meal and drank what we had at home.
HOWEVER, WE FAILED IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS, BUT LEARNED SOME LESSONS:
- No failures today? Well, lunch at Hardee's was hardly a frugal success... but since we didn't spend extra on buying the combo meals, I'm counting that as a splurge today :)
TASKS ACCOMPLISHED TODAY:
- I clipped coupons.
- I went to pick us up lunch.
- I read a book all afternoon. Unfortunately, it wasn't good. But I read the whole thing anyway.
- That's really it!
Did you have any frugal successes or failures today? Please do tell!