- 4 mashed potato patties that I had defrosted to make potato rolls but that went unused.
- The rest of a small brick of UHT whipped cream from Trader Joe's that went bad in the fridge.
- I threw away the turkey carcass from Sunday's turkey because I didn't think I had room in the freezer for it.
- I threw away the fat from the Hickory Smoked Ham that I cut up today because we don't like fat and I already have a jar of bacon fat in the fridge anyway so I really didn't have any use for it. We don't have dogs and our cat are on prescription food.
- We ate all the leftovers and those that we didn't eat so far have been accounted for on our dinner menu for the rest of the week :)
- We reused tea bags.
- I ate the cantaloupe that was past its prime :)
- I ate the last 2 pieces of focaccia bread that had been kicking around the fridge for a couple of weeks. I nuked them for 20 seconds each to make them softer and they were fine.
I'd love to hear how YOU did this week! Feel free to post links back to your own Food Waste Friday posts in the comments.
This post was inspired by Kristen at The Frugal Girl, who started blogging about her food waste back in 2008.