Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Never Mind... The Router is a Zombie.


So after posting my little rant last night, I went to sleep. The router was still not functioning and I could only access the internet on cellular data on my phone.

This morning I got up and noticed that all the lights were green on the router and that we had wifi internet again.  Go figure!

So I notified Greg and we looked at each other with a very puzzled look on our face but also a look of relief that we don't have to buy a new router.

I won't lie... I'm kind of disappointed that I'm not forced to go dark!  As I woke up a couple of minutes before my alarm rang this morning, I was thinking: no credit card payments need to be scheduled, the taxes aren't due this week... I'm FINE with the internet being down. It'll be inconvenient but I can watch over the air TV, read my library books and do my chores.  The only ones I was worried about were the kids since my daughter has several online classes that she is taking and my son frequently has to submit assignments online.

Well, my router is now a zombie.

And my weekly ad viewing problem?  Yeah, it's still there.  Sigh.   OH MY!  I was still having that problem when I typed up this post at 7:23 a.m.  Now it's close to 9 a.m. and I was in the middle of reposting my question on a Brighthouse forum when I decided to check one more time and guess what?  Now I can see all the ads.  It's crazy!  I didn't do anything to my laptop.  NOTHING.

I was joking that the NSA had probably hacked into our router and blocked me from viewing the ads because they were sick about me posting about my grocery shopping trips but you know... what else could it be, right?!

So everything's back to normal here.  The router started working again on its own after several hours, I can suddenly see my normal weekly ads, and Greg's truck wasn't leaking any liquids this morning (nor did it have any warning lights on that anything was the matter with his truck).  It's like we were caught in the Twilight Zone for a moment...  we now return to our regular programming.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back online and didn't have to buy a new router. It's weird how things like that happen. My husband would die if he had to wait for the internet, but he has mobile web on his phone so even if our router went out he would be covered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I was trying to be zen about the whole "I won't have internet while Amazon is rushing me a new router" thing, but I'm very glad it was back on this morning! It's incredible how dependent we have become on it.

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!