Monday, February 22, 2016

This Week's Dinner Plans: Monday 2/22 through Sunday 2/28, 2016


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...


I didn't get to cook 3 different dinners last week (1 because I got pizza instead, 1 because we had leftovers instead and 1 because I decided to make breakfast for dinner instead!) so the good news is that I get to have already 3 dinners planned for this week, woohoo!

Also, I'm taking it really easy this week and we're going to be eating a lot more beef than we usually do.  I'm just not feeling really creative right now!

MONDAY: Burgers and Honey Roasted Red Potatoes
  • From the freezer: ground beef, diced onion
  • From the pantry: buns, red potatoes, honey, dry mustard, salt & pepper
  • From the fridge: cheese slices, zesty pickles, ketchup, mayo, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  roast the potatoes
  • Need to buy: nothing

TUESDAY: Tuna Patties & Cheese Ravioli
  • From the freezer: 0.5 bag of cheese ravioli
  • From the pantry: cans of tuna, vegetable oil, bread crumbs,pasta sauce
  • From the fridge: 1 egg
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

WEDNESDAY: Spanish Omelet and Salad
  • From the freezer: diced peppers, diced onion
  • From the pantry: nothing
  • From the fridge: defrosted diced smoked ham, eggs, minced garlic, milk. cheddar cheese, homemade salad dressing, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: peel and dice potatoes, cook potatoes, peppers and onions
  • Need to buy: eggs

THURSDAY: Sriracha Mac'n Cheese with Ground Beef with Biscuits
* I'm just going to cook some ground beef and mix it with a bo or two of Sriracha Mac'n Cheese from Aldi.
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: 1 or 2 boxes of Sriracha Mac'n Cheese
  • From the fridge: 1 lb ground beef, Pillsbury Grands! biscuits, milk, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  bake the biscuits
  • Need to buy: nothing

FRIDAY:  Raclette and Salad
* Ok, my daughter's been nagging me about this so we're doing it. I couldn't find any raclette cheese at Trader Joe's so I'm going to use smoked Gouda from Aldi.  It'll keep the cost down too :) this will allow me to use the rest of the smoked ham cubes that I had defrosted.
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  red potatoes, white wine
  • From the fridge: Smoked ham cubes, cucumber, tomatoes, homemade salad dressing
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  boil the potatoes
  • Need to buy:  smoked Gouda (x2), lettuce, Black Forest Ham

SATURDAY:  Grilled Ham and Cheese, Suddenly Salad Grains "Harvest Grains"
* The Suddenly Salad Grains  is one of those Betty Crocker boxed salad mixes that I got as a sample from Betty Crocker.
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: Suddenly Salad Grains mix, EVOO
  • From the fridge: bread, ham, cheese, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  **Make the salad in the morning and refrigerate**
  • Need to buy: American cheese slices

SUNDAY:  Tacos and Black Bean Soup
  • From the freezer: Ground beef, chicken stock
  • From the pantry:  tortillas. taco seasoning, onion, 3 cans of black beans, 1 can corn kernel, 1 can diced tomatoes, red crushed pepper, cumin
  • From the fridge: sour cream, avocado, salsa verde, minced garlic
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  *Make the soup in the morning*
  • Need to buy:  nothing

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

4 comments:

  1. (SCRAPE, SCRAPE, SCRAPE...) Don't mind that sound- that's just me pulling up a chair to your dining table this week. :)

    Your meals sound delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do?! Well, thanks! I'll make you a plate, then :)

      Delete
    2. Love it!!! That would guilt me into making what was actually on the calendar if people showed up :) I did horribly bad last week with the hot and weird weather and we ended up with two leftover nights and exhaustion. I am sitting down to plan all of March now... UGH!! I haven't been in the mood for days and the calendar is just sitting there taunting me. Cross your fingers for me :O)

      Delete
    3. I'm finding it hard to plan a week ahead right now so I can't imagine doing a whole month! Good luck!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!