My official 2016 weekly grocery budget is $100/wk for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teens) but I really aim to spend $50 or less.
This week I went shopping on Tuesday again. Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $56.21
Rebates expected: $1.00
Total spent after rebates: $55.21
Money left in budget: $44.79
Baking Supplies: $0.00 OOP
- I got these to make Rice Krispies for the kids. I usually end up eating them before I can make the snacks, though :)
- I meant to get sugar at Save A Lot too but I had forgotten my coupon. I'll stop by this afternoon after the dermatologist appointment.
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (Walmart) @ $0.96 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
Beverages: $2.68 OOP
- The ginger ale has gone up by 21 cents at Save A Lot!
- 12-cans ginger ale (Save A Lot) @ $2.50 plus tax = $2.68
- 1 can Left Hook energy drink (RaceTrac) = FREE with RaceTrac Insider coupon
- 1 can Murphy Classic soda (Murphy USA) = FREE with printable store coupon
Breads/Baked Goods: $4.09 OOP and will get $1.00 back from SavingStar
- I had already bought the tortillas at Aldi when I saw the better deals at Dollar Tree. It's the first time that I've seen those tortillas. Sure, making tortillas is way cheaper, but I've been unmotivated lately so it's a good thing to have on hand.
- I price matched the Pillsbury crescent dough with the Publix ad so I could avoid making yet another stop this morning. I wish I had remembered that I could show the Save A Lot ad on my phone so I could have price matched the cantaloupe and portabello mushrooms too! Argh.
- 2 cans Pillsbury crescent dough rolls (Walmart), price matched with Publix ad @ $1.00 each, minus $1.00/2 printable coupon = $1.00 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card and got $0.50 back from Ibotta so $0.50 MONEY MAKER, and will get $1.00 back from SavingStar.
- 1 loaf wheat bread (Walmart) @ $1.12 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 loaf French bread (Walmart), on clearance @ $0.50 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 loaf white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85 and got $0.25 back from Mobisave = $0.60
- 3 packages of 12-ct Ortega flour tortillas (Dollar Tree) @ $1.00 each, minus $1.00/3 printable coupon = $2.00
- 1 package of 20-ct flour tortillas (Aldi) @ $1.99
- None needed
Dairy: $7.74 OOP
- 8 oz block mild cheddar (Aldi) @ $1.89
- 1 package Fit & Active cheese slices (Aldi) @ $1.89
- 1 package string cheese (Aldi) @ $2.79
- 3 cups yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.39 each = 1.17
- Did you know that vegetable oil is just 100% soybean oil? I wonder why they call it "vegetable oil" instead of "soybean oil". I try to use EVOO for most everything that calls for oil and applesauce instead of it in my baking but sometimes you need vegetable oil...
- 1 extra large Five Cheese pizza (Aldi) @ $4.99 and got $0.40 back from MobiSave = $4.59
- 64-oz vegetable oil (Walmart) @ $1.98 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 jar Better Than Bouillon chicken base (Walmart) @ $3.72, minus $0.75/1 printable manufacturer coupon = $2.97 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 3 cans Chunky soup (Aldi) @ $1.19 each = 3.57
- The delicious navel oranges were on sale this week again, yay! I should have bought more bags of them but I'm out of space in my fridge :(
- The asparagus, tomatoes, and Brussel sprouts will be worked into our menu for next week.
- 64-oz apple juice (Walmart) @ $1.97 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 4.81 lbs bananas (Walmart) @ $0.56/lb = 2.69 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 can Del Monte No Salt Added spinach (Walmart) @ $0.98 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 can pineapple chunks (Aldi) @ $0.99
- 8 lbs navel oranges (Aldi), on sale @ $1.99 each = $3.98
- 2 avocados (Aldi), on sale @ $0.49 each = $0.98
- 2 lbs strawberries (Aldi), on sale @ $1.29 = $2.58
- 1 Boston lettuce (Aldi), @ $1.39
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts (Aldi) @ $1.89
- 1 lb asparagus (Aldi) @ $2.29
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes (Aldi), on sale @ $0.89
- Greg is on a big protein kick so I've started buying 2 lbs of lunch meat instead of just one.
- 3 dozens large eggs (Aldi) @ $1.49 each = $4.47
- 1 lb oven roasted turkey breast (Aldi), @ $3.49
- 1 lb Black Forest ham (Aldi), @ $3.49
Snacks: $7.10 OOP
- The Nutella, gummy bears, pudding cups and Auntie Anne's pretzels were all impulse buys today. They're all for the kids, aside from the gummy bears that I bought as a treat for myself.
- 2 13-oz jars Nutella (Walmart), on sale @ $2.98 each, minus (2) $1.50/1 printable manufacturer coupons = $2.96 but FREE after Swagbucks gift card.
- 2 Auntie Anne's cinnamon pretzels, on BOGO @ $2.99 each plus tax with app offer = $3.18
- 1 box Swiss rolls (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 4 cups chocolate pudding (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 1 package peanut butter crackers (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 1 bag Haribo Gold Bears (Aldi) @ $0.85
Did you get any great deals at the grocery store this week? Please link up or share your finds in the comments :)