Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday 3/6/16

I wasn't going to blog today because I basically did nothing, but then I told myself that even if I didn't do anything that might be of interest to others, I might want to reminisce about my day later on (because I did enjoy it!) so here is my mini recap:

It must have been the Diet Coke that I had with dinner last night that prevented me from sleeping, but Greg getting up multiple times didn't help!  I have fallen asleep on the couch but ended up waking up at 12:30 a.m. and then I just stayed up until about 6:00 a.m. because I couldn't get back to sleep.  So instead, I got my earbuds and used them to watch all 4 episodes of the British series "Run" on Netflix while playing Mahjong on my Kindle Fire.  Greg said that he came down at 5:00 a.m., stood next to me in the dark living room and was talking to me but I didn't even realize that he was there at all, LOL!  Good thing too because he would have given me heart attack!  He had some cereal in the kitchen and went back to bed and I never even knew it.



I woke up at 9:30 a.m., fed the cats, and set about to do the dishes while my coffee was brewing.  Then I watched the last bit of the 4th episode of "Run" since I had fallen asleep during it. It was a very depressing series but the acting was very good so I enjoyed it.

I decided that I wouldn't bother with anything today.  So I started watching the Norwegian series "Occupied" on Netflix on my laptop.  The first few episodes were gripping, so when Greg finally got up and decided to read his Kindle, I kept on watching the show on my laptop with my earbuds on so he could read in peace.  I watched all 10 episodes (1 hour each) in one sitting. Yep, told you I didn't do anything!



At some point, I thought it would be nice to have a mixed drink (I wanted a margarita at Outback Steakhouse on Friday night but since I was driving and alcohol and me don't mix, I abstained) but we didn't have any simple syrup and I didn't feel like making any.  I did realize, though, that at some point in the past 2-3 years I had bought myself a bottle of pineapple-flavored rum so I poured myself a little bit of it and sipped on it while watching my show.  It was yummy!  I never drink alcohol so it felt a little bit naughty.



Greg did install one of the baffles that he made and later on went to get us dinner from Subway. Yep, another dinner splurge.  I gave him a survey reward code so he could get a free cookie for our son, and I'll take the survey on tonight's receipt tomorrow to get another free cookie.

My daughter called to say she would be home late since she wanted to stay over at her dad's to watch the latest episode of "The Walking Dead".  She is on her way now but she has an hour's drive so I'm going to try hard to remain awake until about 11:15 p.m.!.  She is bringing back the tax form that her dad filled out to tell the IRS that he is releasing her exemption to me for the year.

Speaking of taxes, no, Greg and I didn't go over them today. We'll do that tomorrow night.

The weather was beautiful and I had some windows open, which the kitties appreciated.  I guess I lied when I said that all I did was watch TV because I did play with New Kitty for a while (she's so darn cute and playful!) and I also read the short essay that my 15 year-old wrote for his JNHS application.  He's turning it in this week.


A long, red lace proved to be irresistible to New Kitty today!  She had so much fun chasing it :)

And then our male cat had to come check it out as well.  But he's lazier so he
didn't want to play at all. I don't think she wanted to share anyway :)

So things I didn't do: didn't do Bing Rewards Or Swagbucks AT ALL.  Didn't print any coupons. Didn't review the taxes with Greg. Didn't have the Checking In meeting with my youngest to assess his progress on some stuff but since we'd casually talked about a couple of the things already, it would have been redundant. Didn't cook dinner.

Things I did do: relax a lot, learn some Norwegian words, get faster at Mahjong... yep, it was a good day!

Did you have a nice day?

3 comments:

  1. Didn't do ANY Bing Rewards or Swag Bucks at all???? You sure know how to let your hair down and relax. Good day. I made Easter cards for the grand kids and nephews, which is my way of relaxing. I get to play with paper, scissors and glue (and sometimes, glitter). Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shocking, right? I'll tell you what, if it weren't for the smart phone apps that allow me to earn SB by just playing videos all day without me doing much of anything, I would be back to only earning 3 SB per day: 1 for the poll and 2 for their "NOSO" path. I'm over it, lol!

      You make lovely cards. It's so nice that working on them isn't "work" for you but relaxation and enjoyment! I need to go back to trying to find joy in life. It seems that lately my life is just a long to-do list that never ends, which is probably why I'm rebelling by doing pretty much nothing these days. I've even considered just not blogging for a while but what's keeping me from stopping is that I like to re-read my previous blog posts, lol.

      Delete
  2. Everyone needs to find their passion in life. I started scrap booking years ago, before digital cameras. I wanted to create a keepsake for my children with all my photos and stories I could remember. Card making uses the same materials, and the results are more immediate. It saves a bunch of money, although (let's be honest) there is nothing wrong with dollar store cards. Maybe the free adult colouring class you signed up for with your daughter will ignite a passion for that. My son's GF bought some cards at a craft show on the weekend, to show me what is being sold these days. Someone had coloured one of these intricate designs and then mounted on cardstock. It was really nice looking. You could leave it blank inside to use as note cards, or slap a sticker greeting on it to make a birthday, or thank-you, or anything at all.

    You can certainly write. (Maybe freelance?) I would hate to see you stop blogging though. But you don't have to do it every day if you are not up for it. I certainly don't write every day. And I have noticed that some professional bloggers (those who get paid for their stories) don't write every single day. Do what works for you. I had really hoped that some of those "contract" positions would have panned out for you by now. I could see you get involved with those. Keep checking out those free library or crafting events to see what cranks your engine. I started going to card-making lessons because a friend begged me to go with her. I was hooked. She wasn't. You never know what might bring the joy back.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!