Monday, April 18, 2016

Day Book ~ Monday 4/18/16



Outside my window... it's sunny and the laundry is drying on the racks.

I am thinking... of what I need to do next.  I need to go get my to-do list that's in the living room, that's what I need to do!

I am thankful for... sunshine to dry my clothes and make everything look so beautiful

From the learning rooms... my youngest is going to be taking the Florida State Assessment for Reading this week. Not sure on what day yet. My daughter has an end of semester exam for her college Trig class this week. She is going on a UCF Campus Tour with her dad on Friday.

From the kitchen... Pots and pans are waiting for me to wash them (ugh). I just made Mandarin Ginger Tart.  I'm defrosting smoked turkey sausage for dinner.

I am wearing... khaki T-shirt and tan shorts. I'm barefoot, which is my favorite way to be!

I am creating... are you kidding me? Nothing!  I'm not creative.

I am going... to Walgreens later on today to pick up some decongestant. And probably RaceTrac to get a bakery freebie.

I am reading... almost done with "Quiet: the Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain. Very interesting but a slow read.

I am hoping... that it's really allergies that are causing my congestion, sneezing and general malaise and not a head cold.

I am hearing... WLOQ Smooth Jazz on my bluetooth speaker, playing from my phone, the dryer in the laundry room (I'm drying the bath towels and most of Greg's clothes in there).

Around the house... the cats are enjoying the open windows and the AC is turned off. I'll have to turn it on again soon, probably.  The house is a little less messy than it was on Friday because I did straighten out several areas since then. Yay!

One of my favorite things... today is tissues that have lotion in them!

A few plans for the rest of the week... my daughter and I will be going to our painting class one evening  this week, my youngest son is being inducted into JNHS on Thursday evening, my daughter will be presenting her speech at the Optimist Club Regionals competition in Gainesville on Saturday. I want to go pick blackberries on Sunday if my neighbor's family UPick farm is open then. Oh and I'm having lunch with a friend on Thursday and it's her turn to pay, I think.

Here is the picture I am sharing... 

I finally put the jasmine cutting that I took last year in a larger pot and I set it next to this metallic
lattice that I should have repainted first. Oh well, hopefully it will be covered in jasmine soon! It's located right on my back patio so I hope to be able to smell jasmine at some point this year, since my other jasmine plant is located on the far end of the house.
What about you?  Let's see you post a Day Book as well!  I'm trying to avoid the chores that I need to be doing. I'd rather read about your day and your plans ☺

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful trellis! Almost too pretty to cover up with the jasmine vine!

    I, too, hope that it's allergies and not a cold. Hope you feel better, soon.

    Sounds like you and your kids have a busy week ahead. Good luck to the kids on their tests and exams.

    I've just come back from getting my immune booster injection and am trying to decide what I want to have for breakfast before settling down to work!

    Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see you have an appetite! I hope you have a lovely day as well, Bless.

      Delete
  2. It is my fault with all this talk of tissues but on the bright side, tissues with lotion are the best!!! I went to the ENT and they said is your nose always so dried and cut... umm,yeah in the winter from colds and in the summer from allergies. I need tissues with extra lotion :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!