Monday, April 11, 2016

This Week's Dinner Plans: 4/11 through 4/17, 2016


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...


MONDAY: Salisbury Steak Supreme, Zesty Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts and Rice
I was supposed to cook this last week but didn't.
  • From the freezer: ground beef
  • From the pantry: onion, salt-free seasoning blend, pepper, nutmeg, corn starch, beef bouillon granulés, canned mushrooms, EVOO, lemon pepper seasoning, ground mustard
  • From the fridge: homemade bread crumbs, butter, Brussels Sprouts
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

TUESDAY:  Balsamic Pork Scaloppini with Tomato-Buttered Spaghetti and Side Salad
  • From the freezer: pork sirloin chops, sun-dried tomatoes, diced green pepper
  • From the pantry: flour, kosher salt, pepper, canola oil, diced pimientos, balsamic vinegar, Better Than Bouillon, thin spaghetti
  • From the fridge: Earth Balance spread, parmesan cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, homemade salad dressing
  • Need to harvest: green onions, basil
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

WEDNESDAY: Breakfast for Dinner
Greg will be having a business dinner and my son and I will be attending a fair at the high school so I'll make pancakes and eggs when we get back.

THURSDAY: RaceTrac Dinner
Greg will be attending another business dinner and the kids and I will be driving to The Villages for my daughter's speech coaching session. Instead of going out to yet another sit-down restaurant, I'll just grab the kids roller grill items from RaceTrac in the afternoon with a BOGO coupon and they can eat sides that we have at home (mac'n cheese probably). I'll have a sandwich.
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: mac'n cheese
  • From the fridge: milk, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: **defrost mashed potatoes for rolls tomorrow**
  • Need to buy: mac'n cheese

FRIDAY: Bacon-Cheeseburger Chowder with Potato Rolls
Another dish that I was supposed to cook last week but didn't.
  • From the freezer: ground beef, sweet peppers, turkey bacon
  • From the pantry: onion, potatoes, beef bouillon granulés
  • From the fridge: minced garlic, milk
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: **make potato rolls**
  • Need to buy: nothing

SATURDAY: Leftovers Night
The kids and I will be out enjoying my oldest son's concert so we'll grab dinner out and Greg will eat leftovers.


SUNDAY: Family Tortilla Bowl in Crockpot
Recipe from "Crockpot's 5 Ingredients or Less Dump Meals", p 23
  • From the freezer: ground beef
  • From the pantry: can of black beans, tomato sauce, spices, vinegar
  • From the fridge: flour tortillas, tomatoes, shredded cheese
  • Need to harvest: lettuce
  • Need to make in advance:  cook the ground beef, make taco sauce, shred cheese
  • Need to buy:  Cheddar cheese

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy week! I appreciate the link to the Salisbury Steak recipe. My son told me they serve that for lunch at his school and it always looks good to him and he asked if I could make it for dinner some night. Now I have the recipe to do it! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope he likes it! I made it once and it was pretty darn good.

      Delete
  2. oh the balsamic pork sounds yummy, I was going to make Pork chops this week I might have to rethink and copy you. Sorry I'm such a sheep when I see your menu but I do appreciate the inspiration my dear friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize, lol. I'm happy that you found something that inspired you! I've made those a few times and they're delicious. I was just thinking last night that I needed to cook some pork chops because I have so many of them on the menu but I tend to use mostly chicken and beef when I have them.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have the week's dinners under control! I might try doing a 'breakfast for dinner' one night, this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids and I love breakfast for dinner. Greg doesn't think it's a real meal so I always wait until he's gone to make it for ourselves, lol. I hope you enjoy yours and that it won't be a bowl of cereal!

      Delete
    2. My husband says that he is never full after breakfast for dinner so we usually do leftovers with his too :) It adds the protein other then just eggs. My husband feels "cheated" out of dinner if it is breakfast where others really love it like a treat... YUM!!!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!