Wednesday is my main shopping day. My official 2016 weekly grocery budget is $100/wk for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teens) but I really aim to spend $50 or less. However, since I have stopped participating in Swagbucks so intensively, I find myself with fewer gift cards to apply to my groceries so think I might need to up that number to $75.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $75.68
Rebates expected: $0.00
Total spent after rebates: $75.68
Money left in budget: $24.32
Baking Supplies: $1.98 OOP
- I didn't plan on buying cake mix this week but I bought a new baking pan to make castle-shaped cakes so I figured I needed cake mix!
- 2 boxes cake mix (Aldi) @ $0.99 each = $1.98
Beverages: $0.00 OOP
- None needed
Breads/Baked Goods: $2.29 OOP
- I shouldn't have bought the buns, I didn't realize that I had 4 buns left at home :(
- 2 loaves white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85 each = $1.70
- 1 package 8-ct hamburger buns (Aldi) @ $0.69
- None needed
Dairy: $15.90 OOP
- The powdered milk is part of our stocking up for hurricane season (I use it when I bake bread, too)
- I froze the 2 quarts of 2% milk as back-up
- 2 quarts 2% milk (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $0.65 each = $1.30
- 1 gallon skim milk (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $1.25
- 1 box powdered milk (Save A Lot) @ $7.99
- 1 Yoplait Plenti Greek yogurt (Publix), on sale @ $1.00 minus $1.00 manufacturer coupon = FREE
- 1 gallon whole milk (CVS), on sale @ $2.79 but FREE thanks to CVS gift card earned via American Express Rewards and received $0.10 back from MobiSave so MONEY MAKER.
- 14 cups yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.39 each = $5.46
- I thought we were out of syrup but, wouldn't you know it, I found another unopened bottle in my pantry as soon as I got home from the stores!
- The instant mashed potatoes are for hurricane supply stock. I will use them to make potato rolls after hurricane season.
- 1 lb brown rice (Save A Lot) @ $0.99
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes (Save A Lot) @ $1.39
- 1 bottle ketchup (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 1 bottle light syrup (Aldi) @ $1.59
- I couldn't resist an orange sticker on produce, but I'm really wondering how I'm going to use up 2 lbs of collard greens before they go bad! I'll make Zuppa Toscana tomorrow and lasagna and stir fries the rest of the week, I suppose.
- 2 lbs green collards (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $2.00
- 1 bottle organic apple juice (Aldi), @ $2.69
- 1 lb broccoli crowns (Aldi) @ $1.69
- 4 ears sweet corn (Aldi), on sale @ $1.29
- 1 package 3-ct Romaine hearts (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 24 oz zucchini (Aldi) @ $1.49
- 2.49 lbs bananas (Aldi) @ $0.44/lb = $1.10 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave so $1.00
- 3 lbs Red Delicious apples (Aldi) @ $2.99 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave so $2.89
- 1 lb strawberries (Aldi), on sale @ $1.49
- 5 lbs yellow potatoes (Aldi), @ $2.79 and received $0.25 back from Checkout 51 so $2.54
- I wasn't planning on getting any chicken this week but those deals were too good!
- I had forgotten that I had a package of Black Forest ham in the freezer already. Arrgh.
- 1 lb Black Forest turkey (Aldi) @ $3.49
- 1 lb Black Forest ham (Aldi) @ $3.49
- 4.96-lb chicken (Aldi) @ $4.71, minus $3.00 in store coupons = $1.71
- 4.53 lbs chicken breasts (Aldi) @ $8.11, minus $4.11 in store coupons = $4.00
- 64 oz bag Italian meatballs (Aldi) @ $4.39
Snacks: $14.50 OOP and received $2.75 back in ECBs
- Again, I couldn't resist those dumb orange clearance stickers on baked goods, even though I won't be eating them!
- The ice cream was pricey compared to just buying a half gallon of ice cream at Aldi, but it would have melted before I got home. It was a special treat for Greg.
- 1 cherry pie (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance = $2.00
- 1 caramel nut coffee cake (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance = $1.50
- 1 bag gummy bears (not pictured) (Walgreens), on special @ $1.00 minus $1.00 insert coupon = $0.07 (tax)
- 2 pints Ben & Jerry's ice cream (Publix), on BOGO @ $4.79, minus $1.00/2 insert coupon = $3.79 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave so $3.69
- 2 boxes Special K Red Berries cereal bars (CVS), on sale at 2 for $6.00, minus (2) $1.00/1 manufacturer coupons = $4.00 but FREE thanks to CVS gift card earned with American Express Rewards.
- 1 box Special K Red Berries cereal bars (CVS), on sale @ $3.69, minus $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon = $2.69 but FREE thanks to CVS gift card earned with American Express Rewards and received $2.00 back in ECBs.
- 1 Snickers bar (CVS) on sale @ $0.99 but FREE thanks to CVS gift card earned with American Express Rewards, and received $0.75 in ECBs.
- 2 packages peanut butter crackers (Aldi) @ $0.89 each = $1.78
- 1 bag pretzel sticks (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 1 box protein bars (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 1 box Swiss rolls (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 1 package 4-ct chocolate pudding cups (Aldi) @ $0.89
Did you get any great deals at the grocery store this week? Please link up or share your finds in the comments :)