Another night that I spent tossing and turning despite being exhausted. Argh. I got up with my son but came back downstairs, told him I hadn't slept and that I was going to lie down on the couch. I tossed and turned until he left for school and then slept until Greg woke me up by calling me at 8:20 a.m. And then I couldn't go back to sleep again.
So I'm exhausted and I'm not sure that I'll be productive at all today. I was supposed to go to Save A Lot this morning to buy eggs at $0.89 a dozen and see if they had anymore bakery items on clearance, but now I'm thinking that saving 10 cents a dozen on eggs isn't a huge deal, especially since I have eggs in the fridge, so I might skip that.
My daughter didn't want to do anything today and she is leaving to go spend the weekend at her dad's later on tonight. So I might just spend my day chilling on the couch, trying to get to that 1st goal in Swagbucks, which shot up to 107 SB for me today. Update: well I saw an article about some art and craft show going on at Disney Springs today (formerly Downtown Disney) so I might ask my daughter if she wants to go when she wakes up. I haven't been to the "new" Disney Springs yet, and it's free (although it's probably going to be packed and parking might be hard to come by) and I love going to art shows with my artistic daughter! It's 11:10 a.m. and I haven't seen her yet so I might have to wake her up at noon and see what she says.
Well she got up at noon and I asked her and she wanted to go! So she's taking a shower, then I will, we'll eat lunch at home, and then we'll head out to Walt Disney World, well Disney Springs. She's going to drive the Focus because I'm too tired to drive.
Just for kicks, I'll post my To-Do List which will probably get ignored (but if I don't post it, it will definitely get ignored!):
To Do List (which probably won't have anything crossed off by the time this posts tonight!):
- Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
- Make a lightbox to take better pictures
- Melt down old candles and make into one or two new candles
- Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two)
- Dust the entry room, breezeway, bedrooms (including son's fan)
- Declutter linen closet
- Clean kitchen cabinets
- Clean out the printer stand, including school paperwork folders
- Declutter the top of the fridge
- Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
- Declutter exercise room (including storage bench)
- Vacuum living room
- Sweep breezeway
- Sweep and mop downstairs bathroom
- Spray bleach in shower stall
- Scrub downstairs toilet
- Put Greg's laundry away
- Make a car deodorant pad for my SUV
- Clean the fridge
- Dehydrate pineapples
- Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
- Take items to the dump
- Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
- Research cone flowers and their care and plant them somewhere - Transplanted them in larger pot.
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
- Fertilize the raspberries - I'm thinking about pulling them and putting more roses in pots in their place.
- Add mulch to the vegetable garden - I will do this once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
- Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
- Divide and repot the aloe plant
- Plant more okra
- Trim grass behind the hedge
- Trim weeds alongside the berm
- Find fish emulsion and use on plants
- Spray water on the hibiscus for aphids and mealybugs
- Pull the rest of the dead tomato plants
- Plant passion flower vine seeds
- Check on the seedlings and water as needed
- Add water to pepper bins
- Refill hummingbird feeders
- Refill green bird feeder
- Put more Vaseline on bird feeder poles
- Call gyneco to make annual appointment
Use recumbent bike- Walked for 2 hours instead
- Do 5 min of strength exercises
Log food into My Fitness Pal- done Record exercise in Walgreens Balance Rewards- done but didn't earn anything
- Weigh myself (Thursdays)
- See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
- Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
- Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Vacuum AC vent in kitchen
- Greg to call plumber
- Wash the bathroom ceiling with bleached water
- Remind Greg to re-secure chicken wire to AC unit and also to block off opening under front of the house
- Plan on taking car for oil change this week or next
- Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
- Scan more old pictures
- Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
- Figure out if we should contribute to regular or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
- Download all May-July photos to my external drive
- Back up my external drive to my other external drive
- File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
- Purge filing cabinet
- File paperwork
- Write new letter to great grand aunt
- Look at sample ballot and research local candidates
- Remove daughter's pc from her room and decide what to do with it
- Input receipts in spreadsheets
Record Greg's paycheck into tax spreadsheet- Done Transfer raise + FICA to savings- Done Pay bills- Done Balance checkbook- Done Finalize Grocery Shopping Post- Done
- I brewed a pot of free coffee from Wawa.
- My son packed a lunch to take to school.
- He took the bus to school again. I'm very glad this is working out for everyone!
- OverDrive notified me that several e-books that I had put on hold week ago when I was in the thrall of a reading frenzy were now available... but I haven't even finished or picked up the books that are already checked out to me. Oh the pressure! Plus I always avoid reading when I'm on a diet as I can't seem to enjoy a book without eating something delicious at the same time.
- After many tries, I finally was able to qualify for and complete a 100 SB survey that put me over my 2nd Daily Goal. Phew. And my team is still leading the Team Challenge. Good job, Mia!
- My daughter and I had lunch at home, filled up our water bottles, and drove the Focus to Disney Springs to attend the free "Art in August" event. I also packed a couple of packets of peanut butter crackers.
- On the way to Walt Disney World, my daughter was driving so I called Greg (I had hung up on him this morning when he woke me up!). He said that he was switching from his Spotify Premium membership ($12.99 a month) to the Groove membership from Microsoft ($9.99 a month) and was getting the first month for free. Yay for savings!
- Parking was free.
- We walked for 2 hours in the heat so free exercise for us!
- We both joined "L'Occitane" VIP program for free, which will give us discounts on future purchase and will allow us to enter in the quarterly drawing for a trip to Provence!
- We stopped by Starbucks on the way home and I bought my daughter a lemonade. I used the credit on my Starbucks gift cards that I had gotten for free from Ting last year so it was FREE to me plus I earned some Starbucks Rewards stars.
- I checked the results of the Swagbucks Team Challenge and my team won. Woo! I should get a 50 SB Swag-up sometime today but it's already 6:15 p.m. and it hasn't been credited to My Swag-Ups account yet.
- I earned a $5 Amazon gift card from Bing Rewards!
- So I ordered a used copy of one of the books that I had placed on my wish list recently and got it for free after applying my gift card. Woohoo!
- CVS Customer Relations replied to my email inquiry about the "new" coupon policy. I had asked for details about it since the coupon policy posted on their website didn't mention anything about coupons that beep. Their reply was "It has always been CVS Pharmacy's policy to honor all coupons that are within their expiration date. Nothing has changed in terms of what coupons are accepted within our coupon policy itself, and our coupon policy prohibits the use of expired coupons." I printed their email and will bring it with me to the store next week.
- I paid some bills online and balanced my checkbook.
- I bought my daughter some cherry flower hand cream at L'Occitane. She had bought the same one in Provence last year and was almost out of it. It ended up being on sale so we saved $2.
- I also bought myself a bottle of roll-on peony perfume. It smells sooo good!
- I treated my daughter to an air plant at one of the Art in August booths, it also ended up being $3 cheaper than the sticker price.
- I bought myself a new flag for my front yard.
- MyFonts sent me an offer to download 3 fonts for free. I tried doing that but it failed. It's the first time that I've had a problem with them. I could have tried contacting them, but I already have a lot of fonts and I'm tired so I just shrugged it off. Oh well. No font freebie for me today.
- I had a hard time printing the Best Meals at Home Publix store coupons that were emailed to me, and when the program finally said that my coupons had been sent to my printer, no coupons ever printed. I did make sure the correct printer was selected and I have ink and paper and the printed is connected to my laptop so grrr. Every month I have trouble with those darn coupons and I don't even know why I bother since I rarely ever go to Publix anymore!
- Researched Sumter County parks
- Replied to blog comments
- Commented on blogs
- Went to Disney Springs with my daughter
- Called Greg to check in
- Cooked dinner
- Recorded Greg's paycheck into our tax spreadsheet
- Transferred amount from raise and FICA to savings for new car fund
- Paid bills online
- Balanced checkbook
- My daughter and I walked for 2 hours at Disney Springs.
- Despite all the temptations there, we resisted and didn't buy any food!
- I stayed within my calorie allotment (actually, I have calories left to it so I may have a small piece of cherry pie, woohoo!)
- For a great afternoon with my darling daughter
- For the great attitude of the Art in August vendors. They should be Disney Cast Members! In comparison, the 2 actual Cast Members that I interacted with at the Once Upon A Toy shop were barely pleasant.
- For my daughter's safe trip to her dad's house tonight, as the thunder and lightning were starting just as she left.
FIELD TRIP: DISNEY SPRINGS AND ART IN AUGUST
|New Kitty was begging me to take her with us... Sorry, you have to stay at home and guard it against lizards!|
|We parked at one end of Disney Springs and walked through the whole thing, including the former Pleasure Island.|
I hadn't been there in years and almost everything was new to me!
|My ex and I used to take our kids to DisneyQuest quite often. Ironically, my youngest son is the most rabid videogamer of them all and has never been. I checked the ticket prices: $45 + tax per person. Ouch.|
|Wolfgang Puck Café used to be one of my favorite restaurants!|
|I couldn't resist taking a picture of this store front even though the witch has always terrorized me. I can barely make myself look at her right now!|
|If there hadn't been a ton of construction around, it might have been fun to go up in this balloon, although|
I have no idea of what it would have cost.
|One of the many temptations that we avoided today!|
|So it's called "Disney Springs" because they recreated the springs that you find throughout Florida. It's very well done. The floating lights must look pretty at night. What are those things in the water, though?|
|A closer look.... pebbles, maybe?|
|Nope! Look at all the free money I found on the ground today! LOL. I know it all goes to charity but I think that people who throw money into any body of water that they see are... well, idiots.|
|On the other side of the bridge into Disney Springs.|
|Yeah, we avoided going in there too!|
|Love this painting of Provence, it reminds me of our trip to visit my brother last summer.|
|The LEGO Imagination Center! The kids and I came here quite often. My youngest son's favorite destination|
for many years!
|Another trap that we avoided!|
|So in the end the "Art in August" event, that I had pictured of the ampleur of The Festival of the Masters was... pretty disappointing! I think there were fewer than 10 booths!|
|Our favorites were located near the splash park. Back in the days, I'd bring a change of clothes for the kids and we'd finish our visit with a long playtime in the water. Nowadays they have a DJ playing dance music there. Kind of obnoxious, actually.|
|Another treat that we resisted. However, I couldn't resist snapping a picture of it as it made me laugh!|
Yes, Darth, I find it disturbing too!
|Walking back to the car, we spotted this sight! Now that's not something you get to see every day!|
|The Amphicar Launch was located a little ways away. You had to go into a store to buy a ticket so I have no idea of the cost. It was way too hot anyway. and we were ready to go home.|
|I really liked the outside of this store, a mosaic of purple and silver. It looks better in real life, though.|
|Starbucks was busy. I got my daughter a cold drink (for free) but I stuck to drinking the water I had brought from home.|
With this, I didn't do ANY real chores today! How productive was your Friday?