Wednesday is my main shopping day. My official 2016 weekly grocery budget is $100/wk for 4 people (usually for 2 adults, 2 teens but my daughter is still in California) but I really aim to spend $50 or less.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $45.51
Rebates expected: $1.25
Total spent after rebates: $44.26 WOOHOO!
Money left in budget: $55.74
Baking Supplies: $1.98 OOP
- I made a special trip to SAL on Monday to take advantage of this daily promotion.
- (2) 4-lb bags sugar (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.99 each = $1.98
Beverages: $0.00 OOP
- I had a freebie to redeem by today and since Sodapalooza is over, Greg is going through withdrawal, so I got him a Diet Dr. Pepper. It was supposed to be a medium drinks but since they were out of medium cups, the manager told me to get a large. Woohoo!
- Large Diet Dr. Pepper (RaceTrac), free with monthly "Prince of Pastries" coupon in RaceTrac app.
Breads/Baked Goods: $1.70 OOP
- Free bread?! I'm SO there :)
- (1) loaf white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85
- (1) 8-ct hamburger buns (Aldi) @ $0.85
- (2) packages mini naans (Publix), on BOGO sale @ $2.99 minus BOGO coupon = FREE
- (2) packages naans (Publix), on BOGO sale @ $2.99 minus BOGO coupon = FREE
- (2) boxes Tiny Toast cereal (Publix), on sale @ $2.00 each, minus (2) $1.00/1 printable coupons = $2.00 but FREE with Publix gift card won in an Instant Win Game and will get $1.00 back from SavingStar so eventual MONEY MAKER.
- (2) boxes Special K cereal (CVS), on sale @ $1.99 each = $3.98, minus $1.00/2 printable coupon, minus $2.00 ExtraCare Bucks from previous purchase = $0.98 but FREE with CVS gift card earned via American Express Rewards
Dairy: $0.94 OOP
- Aldi had their Fit & Active yogurt on sale this week, but free yogurt from Publix was a better deal:)
- The imported cheeses were on BOGO at Publix, which made them a slightly better deal than the brie from Aldi and since I'm baking crusty boule bread this week, I treated myself to some cheese.
- The milkshake will make a tasty addition for Greg's lunchbox this week
- (4) 4-ct packages Activia Fruit Frusion yogurts (Publix), on BOGO sale @ $3.00 minus (2) BOGO coupons = FREE
- (2) rounds imported cheese (Publix), on BOGO sale @ $4.99 but FREE with Publix gift card won in an Instant Win Game
- (1) gallon whole milk (CVS), on sale @ $2.79 but FREE with CVS gift card earned via American Express Rewards and will get $0.25 back from Ibotta so eventual MONEYMAKER
- (1) 16-oz container light sour cream (Aldi) @ $1.19
- (1) container Core Power protein milkshake (RaceTrac) FREE after Sodapalooza coupon
- Greg's favorite peanut butter is the crunchy kind but Aldi doesn't stock it all the time so when I find it, I stock up :)
- I'm almost out of stevia sweetener and I don't have any good coupons for the national brands so I decided to try the Aldi brand.
- I thought I was out of salsa so I grabbed a jar on impulse, but I already had one in the pantry. Doh.
- (4) 40-oz crunchy peanut butter (Aldi) @ $2.69 = $10.76
- (1) 24-oz jar mild salsa (Aldi) @ $1.89
- (1) 40-ct box stevia sweetener (Aldi) @ $1.89
- I tried to buy less fruit this week but I couldn't resist good sales!
- I hated paying $1.39 for the celery, but I needed it for the potato salad I plan on making this week and all of mine is frozen. I'll also eat some with the Veggie Ranch dip that I'm finishing.
- I didn't buy any other vegetables because I need to use up what is in my fridge and I also have a lot of frozen and canned vegetables.
- 2.14 lbs cherries (Save A Lot), on clearance @ $0.50/lb = $1.07
- 3 ears of corn (Save A Lot), at 3 for $1.00
- 1 cantaloupe (Save A Lot)on sale @ $0.97 and received $1.00 back for chili powder bought last week = MINUS $0.03
- 3 lbs Golden Delicious apples (Aldi), FREE in compensation for bad cantaloupe bought last week.
- 1 can pear slices (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 2.86 lbs bananas (Aldi), on sale @ $0.29/lb = $0.83
- 1 sleeve celery (Aldi) @ $1.39
- 3 plantains (Aldi) @ $0.10 each = $0.30
- 2 lbs red grapes (Aldi), on sale @ $0.79/lb = $1.58
- 4 plums (Aldi), on sale @ $0.25 each = $1.00
- 1 lb kiwis (Aldi), on sale @ $0.89 and got $0.25 back from Checkout 51 = $0.64
- The limit on the eggs was 6 dozens but I only had room for 4 in my fridge :(
- The tuna was to restock my pantry. Greg likes having it for snack sometimes, and on nights when I don't feel like cooking anything elaborate, 4 cans turned into tuna patties is a tasty dinner.
- 1 medium cheese pizza (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $2.75
- 4 cans tuna in water (Aldi) @ $0.69 each = $2.76
- 4 dozens eggs (Aldi), on sale @ $0.79 each = $3.16
- 1 Chicken Monterey hot roller grill item (RaceTrac), FREE with Sodapalooza coupon (not pictured)
Snacks: $8.76 OOP
- Pies on clearance? I don't have to bake? Yes, please!
- The muffin is for my breakfast tomorrow
- 1 cherry pie (Save A Lot), on 50% off clearance @ $1.99
- 1 apple pie and 1 blueberry pie (Save A Lot), on 50% off clearance @ $1.65 each = $3.30
- 1 box Swiss rolls (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 1 package peanut butter crackers (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 1 bag pretzel sticks (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 1 Jumbo Blueberry muffin (RaceTrac), FREE with survey reward code
Did you get any great deals at the grocery store this week? Please link up or share your finds in the comments :)