Wednesday is my main shopping day. My official 2016 weekly grocery budget is $100/wk for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teens) but I really aim to spend $50 or less.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $84.38
Rebates expected: $1.00
Total spent after rebates: $83.38
Money left in budget: $16.62
Baking Supplies: $0.00 OOP
- None needed
Beverages: $3.03 OOP
- (1) 12-pack ginger ale (Save A Lot) @ $2.29
- (1) can Arizona green tea (Aldi) @ $0.74 (not pictured)
Breads/Baked Goods: $1.85 OOP
- (1) loaf garlic bread (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance at $0.99 (not pictured) but FREE after paying with Visa prepaid card (rebate) - not pictured
- (2) small baguettes (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance at $0.99 (not pictured) but FREE after paying with Visa prepaid card (rebate) - not pictured
- (2) loaves white bread (Save A Lot), on Daily Deal @ 2 for $1.00
- (1) 8-ct hamburger buns (Aldi) @ $0.85
- (2) boxes Honey Nut Cheerios (CVS) on sale @ $1.99, minus (2) $1.00/1 printable coupons, minus $1.00 CVS digital coupon = $0.98 but FREE with CVS gift card earned via our American Express Rewards, and will receive $1.00 back from SavingStar (so MONEYMAKER) and received $1.00 in ECBs
- (1) 10-oz bag Cinnamon Toasters (Save A Lot), on sale @ $1.00
Dairy: $2.94 OOP
- The Friendly Farms strawberry yogurt is for my daughter who doesn't like pieces of fruit in her yogurt, yet likes fruit-flavored yogurt. I didn't think these had the pieces of fruit in it so we got her one cup to try.
- (1) 32 oz plain yogurt (Aldi) @ $1.49
- (5) cups yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.29 each = $1.45
- I had bought a box of sweetener last week, but I realized that I probably should have a back-up box because I don't like running out of stuff in the middle of the week.
- (1) box saltines (Aldi) @ $0.99
- (1) 40-ct box stevia sweetener @ $1.89
- I counted the apples in all the bags of Red Delicious but they all had 9 apples in them.
- I didn't buy any vegetables (save for the tomatoes, which I'm counting as vegetables!) because I felt the prices were pretty high.
- (2) jars minded garlic (Dollar Tree) @ $1.00 each = $2.00
- 2.08 lbs papaya (Save A Lot) @ $0.99/lb = $2.06 minus $1.84 from Visa Prepaid card (Rebate) = $0.22
- (4) avocados (Save A Lot) @ $0.99 each minus (2) $0.75/2 printable coupons = $2.46
- (1) cantaloupe (Aldi) on sale @ $0.99
- (1) can mandarins (Aldi) @ $0.89
- (1) pint blueberries (Aldi), on sale @ $1.49
- 2.35 lbs bananas (Aldi) @ $0.44/lb =$1.03
- 3 lbs Red Delicious apples (Aldi) @ $3.99
- (1) pint grape tomatoes (Aldi) on sale @ $0.99
- 1 lb strawberries ($1.89), and got $0.10 back from MobiSave
- 10 lbs Klondike Gold potatoes (Save A Lot) on Daily Deal @ $0.99 each = $1.98
- I hit the motherlode at Save A Lot when I stopped in on Tuesday and was able to stock up on tons of discounted meat. Woohoo!
- (2) dozens large eggs (Walgreens), on sale @ $0.69 each = $1.38 but FREE with Visa Prepaid card (rebate)
- 7.3 lbs pork loin in various cuts (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @$1.24/lb = $9.05
- 9.9 lbs boneless chicken breasts (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @$1.49/lb = $14.68
- 12 lbs Jennie-O ground turkey (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @$1.32/lb = $15.84 minus $1.50/2 printable coupon = $14.34
- 1 lb Black Forest turkey (Aldi) @ $2.99
- 1 lb irregular bacon (Aldi) @ $2.79
Snacks: $12.98 OOP and received $2.24 in ExtraCare Bucks and $1.50 in Register Rewards
- I got a lot of baked goods on 50% clearance this week, which allows me not to have to bake, always a plus. I put one item on the kitchen table for people to snack on and the rest is in the fridge.
- I'm going to give all the candy to my son
- The protein bar was for Greg
- (1) Atkins Lift protein bar (Publix) @ $2.29, but FREE after $2.29 digital coupon
- (1) Snickers Crisper bar (CVS) on sale @ $0.99, minus $0.50/1 printable coupon = $0.49 but FREE with CVS gift card and received $0.75 in ECBs
- (1) bag Black Forest organic gummy worms (CVS), on sale @ $1.49 but FREE with CVS gift card and received $1.49 in ECBs
- (1) bag Trolli candy (Walgreens), on sale @ $1.50 and received $1.50 in Register Rewards
- (1) container banana nut creme cake (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $1.49 FREE with with Visa Prepaid gift card (rebate) - not pictured
- (3) caramel crunch danishes (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $1.49 each = $4.47
- (1) container peanut butter cookies (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $1.25
- (1) cherry pie and (1) blueberry pie (Save A Lot) on 50% clearance @ $1.99 each = $3.98
- (1) box Swiss rolls (Aldi) @ $1.29
Did you get any great deals at the grocery store this week? Please link up or share your finds in the comments :)