Wednesday is my main shopping day. My official 2016 weekly grocery budget is $100/wk for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teens) but I really aim to spend $50 or less.
I spent more than I had planned because I can't resist clearance sales so I loaded up on more meat, deli pizzas, and baked goods! I also stocked up on protein bars for Greg, salad dressing for my daughter, and bought some ingredients for specific recipes.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $84.39
Rebates expected: $1.54
Total spent after rebates: $85.93
Money left in budget: $14.07
Baking Supplies: $0.00 OOP
- None needed
Beverages: $0.00 OOP
- None needed
Breads/Baked Goods: $1.70 OOP
- 1 loaf italian bread (Walmart), on 50% clearance at $0.50 but FREE with Swagbucks gift card.
- 2 loaves white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85 each = $1.70
- 4 packages naan bread (Publix), on BOGO sale @ $2.99, minus (2) BOGO coupons = FREE
- I'm counting the whole wheat flour as "cereal" because it will be used to make copycat Grape Nuts for Greg.
- 5 lbs King Arthur whole wheat flour (Walmart) @ $3.96 but FREE with Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 box Annie's Homegrown cocoa bunnies (Publix) @ $4.59 but FREE with digital coupon and received $0.50 back from SavingStar and also I should get $0.25 back from Ibotta so MONEYMAKER
- 1 box Crispy Rice (Aldi) @ $1.39
- 2 boxes Kellogg's Frosted Flakes (Publix), on BOGO @ 3.83, minus $1.00/2 printable manufacturer coupon, and received $1.00 back from MobiSave and $1.00 back from Checkout 51 = $0.83
Dairy: $11.35 OOP
- The cream cheese was pricey but it was to make the chicken tetrazzini recipe that I came across. However, upon further thought, I should have just bought plain spreadable cream cheese at Aldi for $1.98 and added my own onions and chives!
- I paid for milk this week since I didn't go to CVS. Buying it at Target ended up costing less than at Aldi, even if Aldi had it on sale for $2.29.
- 1 gallon Market Pantry whole milk (Target), on sale @ $2.79, minus 5% Cartwheel and $1.00 manufacturer coupon = $1.65
- 2 containers Market Pantry onion & chives cream cheese (Target) @ $2.02, minus 5% Cartwheel = $3.82
- 10 cups yogurt (Aldi) @ $0.29 each = $2.90
- 1 package of American cheese slices (Aldi) @ $1.69
- I haven't tried Blue Plate mayo yet, and we have several jars of Aldi's Fit & Active Light mayo, which we really like, but at 50 cents a bottle, it was too good a price to pass up, especially since Aldi doesn't always have the Fit & Active mayo. They didn't have it this week (I try to grab a jar or two every time I see it!).
- 1 bottle Great Value light soy sauce (Walmart) @ $1.88 but FREE with Swagbucks gift card.
- 2 jars Barilla pasta sauce (Publix), on BOGO sale @ 2.75, minus (2) $0.75/1 manufacturer coupons = $1.25
- 2 boxes mac'n cheese (Save A Lot) @ $0.39 each = $0.78
- 2 jars Better Than Bouillon (Walmart) @ $3.72 each = $7.44 but FREE with Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 jar red curry sauce (Walmart) @ $2.42 but FREE with Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 bag egg noodles (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 2 12-oz bottles Blue Plate light mayo with Greek yogurt (Publix), on sale @ 2 for $3.00, minus (2) $1.00/1 printable manufacturer coupons = $1.00
- 1 cup Riceroni (Publix) @ $1.29 and will get $1.29 back from SavingStar
- I chose to go with the Gala apples instead of the Red Delicious apples at Walmart since they were on sale and they were much tinier than the Red Delicious which means it'll take longer for my son to eat the whole bag (hopefully they won't go bad before then!)
- Aldi has the No Salt Added diced tomatoes with chiles (like Rotel) so I stocked up.
- The cucumbers were on sale but were very tiny so I don't think I saved any money! I will use them at lunchtime instead of celery sticks for a while.
- 3 ears of corn (Save A Lot) @ $1.00
- 2.84 lbs cabbage (Save A Lot) @ $0.39/lb = $1.11
- 2 lbs Driscoll's strawberries (Target) on sale @ $2.50 each minus (2) $1.00/1 coupons from the Driscoll's Consumer Advisory Panel = $3.00, minus $0.10 credit for my reusable bags = $2.90
- 2 packages baby portobella mushrooms (Aldi), on sale @ $0.89 each = $1.88
- 2 cucumbers (Aldi) on sale @ $0.29 each = $0.58
- 1.92 lbs papaya (Save A Lot) @ $0.99/lb = $1.90
- 2.30 lbs bananas (Walmart) @ $0.56/lb = $1.29 but FREE with Swagbucks gift card and will get $0.26 back from SavingStar 20% off healthy offer so MONEYMAKER.
- 5 lbs Gala apples (Walmart), on sale @ $4.50 but FREE with Swagbucks gift card.
- 1 lb broccoli crowns (Aldi) @ $1.49
- 2 lbs red grapes (Aldi), on sale @ $0.89/lb = $1.78
- 1 quart blueberries (Aldi) @ $1.99 and got $0.25 back from Checkout 51 = $1.74
- 1 can sauerkraut (Aldi) @ $0.65
- 4 cans tomatoes with chilies (Aldi) @ $0.59 each = $2.36
- The chipotle chicken sausage are pricey compared to everything else but we love them and I use them in several dishes so I bought all the packages they still had, which was only 3. as I had used up my stock.
- How could I resist the great prices on everything else?!
- 2 Gold'n Plump Seasoned Chickens (Target), on sale @ $5.99 each, minus (2) $2.00 store coupons, minus (2) $1.50/1 manufacturer coupons = $2.49 each = $4.98
- 1 lb Black Forest turkey (Aldi), on sale @ $2.99
- 1 dozen eggs (Save A Lot) @ $0.99
- 3 packages chipotle chicken sausages (Aldi) @ $2.99 each = $8.97
- 2 cheese pizzas (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance = $5.00
- 7.44 lbs Tyson chicken breasts (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.99/lb = $7.38
Snacks: $19.36 OOP
- Again, clearances! My son is loving all the baked goods and I'm loving not having to bake, quite honestly. I've been good at not eating them, too (or eating some in moderation as my calorie plan allows!)
- Laura scared me when she said her Aldi didn't have the protein bars this week as Greg is coming back and eats those as snacks at work, so I stocked up on those.
- 1 package caramel rice cakes (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 4 boxes protein bars (Aldi) @ $1.99 each = $7.96
- 1 bag pretzels (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 1 package peanut butter crackers (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 2 large cookies (RaceTrac) FREE with survey reward codes
- 3 cherry pies (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $1.99 each = $5.97
- 2 dozens powdered doughnuts (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $0.75 each = $1.50
- 1 angel food cake (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $1.75
Did you get any great deals at the grocery store this week? Please link up or share your finds in the comments :)