Well, what did I tell you? I don't work on genealogy very often but when the bug bites, it bites HARD. I was up until 5 a.m. and only quit because my eyes were so very dry and I couldn't see straight anymore, lol. I had been flipping through pages of several census (censuses?) one page at a time, scanning for familiar names, because the census(es) hadn't been indexed. In cases like these, I always start thinking that maybe I should just retype the whole census into an Excel spreadsheet for myself because my ancestors all lived in the same area for several generations so as I uncover more family connections, having that information indexed so I can refer back to it for newly discovered relatives would be really useful! But I didn't do it. I want to! A couple of years ago I created an index for a large genealogy research book about Pennsylvania ancestors that I had hoped would reveal new information about Greg's relatives or at least new branches... that took me MONTHS. In the end? None of them were related to Greg (well, that I could tell at the time), lol. But now I have my index in case I ever have to refer back to that book, lol.
So needless to say I slept in a little, until 10 a.m. I was quite comfortable on the couch and honestly, I would have slept longer, but my son was up and making a little bit of noise so then I couldn't go back to sleep. He was trying to be very quiet, though, which I appreciated!
It's now almost 1 p.m. and I haven't done much and will likely not do much today. I feel very heavy because I'm very tired so I don't have much energy to get chores started. But that's what Domestic Monday is for, I think :)
To Do List:
- Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
- Make a lightbox to take better pictures
- Melt down old candles and make into one or two new candles
- Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two)
- Dust the entry room, breezeway, bedrooms (including son's fan)
- Declutter linen closet
- Clean kitchen cabinets
- Clean out the printer stand, including school paperwork folders
- Declutter the top of the fridge
- Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
- Declutter exercise room (including storage bench)
- Declutter coffee table
- Vacuum living room
- Sweep breezeway
- Sweep and mop downstairs bathroom
- Spray bleach in shower stall
- Scrub downstairs toilet
- Put Greg's laundry away
- Make a car deodorant pad for my SUV
- Clean the fridge
Fold laundry- Done
- Dehydrate pineapples
Make Soup Base in crockpot- Done Write menu for next week- Done Post menu- Done
- Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
- Take items to the dump
- Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
- Research cone flowers and their care and plant them somewhere - Transplanted them in larger pot.
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
- Fertilize the raspberries - I'm thinking about pulling them and putting more roses in pots in their place.
- Add mulch to the vegetable garden - I will do this once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
- Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
- Divide and repot the aloe plant
- Plant more okra
- Trim grass behind the hedge
- Trim weeds alongside the berm
- Find fish emulsion and use on plants
- Pull the rest of the dead tomato plants
- Plant passion flower vine seeds
- Check on the seedlings and water as needed
- Add water to pepper bins
Refill hummingbird feeders- Done
- Refill green bird feeder
Put more Vaseline on bird feeder poles- Done
- Call gyneco to make annual appointment
- Use recumbent bike
- Do 5 min of strength exercises
- Log food into My Fitness Pal - Done
- Record exercise in Walgreens Balance Rewards
- Weigh myself (Thursdays)
- See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
- Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
- Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Vacuum AC vent in kitchen
- Greg to call plumber
- Wash the bathroom ceiling with bleached water
- Remind Greg to re-secure chicken wire to AC unit and also to block off opening under front of the house
- Plan on taking car for oil change this week or next
- Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
- Scan more old pictures
- Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
- Figure out if we should contribute to regular or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
- Download all May-July photos to my external drive - in progress
- Back up my external drive to my other external drive
- File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
- Purge filing cabinet
- File paperwork
- Write new letter to great grand aunt
- Look at sample ballot and research local candidates
- Remove daughter's pc from her room and decide what to do with it
- Shred the shredding pile
Print coupons- Done Clip coupons- Done
- I brewed a free pot of Wawa coffee.
- There were 2 coupon inserts in today's paper, as well as Steak 'N Shake coupons and a Publix store coupon insert.
- I unlocked new offers in SavingStar.
- I reused some rain water from the rain barrel to water a few potted plants.
- I earned a few Swagbucks. Because of the crashing problems that I had, and the fact that I tried taking at least 20 surveys this morning but was disqualified from all of them, I don't think I'll reach my 1st daily goal of 105 SB. I'm only at 39 SB as of 1 p.m. and the JunGroup videos just said that they had ran out of offers. So that means I won't make it to the 14-day winning streak, which might even have been today or tomorrow, I don't know, so I'm also forfeiting 75 SB, ugh. But I can't keep wasting my time with those damn surveys when there are other things (like genealogy!) to do! Update: well, I played videos all day and I will be hitting my 1st goal any time soon, phew!
- A local paper had an article about a new business opening in Clermont in October: Bulk Nation! Woohoo! I'm hoping that I'll be able to buy some staples in bulk and save some money in the process. I can't wait to check it out. I hope they have yeast, whole wheat flour, this type of things. Pixel, their website says that one will be opening in Lakeland in late September! Oooh, and there are coupons on their site! Can you tell I'm excited?! Watch that they'll open and I'll hate it, lol. I signed up to get their emails.
- Last night, Greg's sister and BIL treated him to dinner and drinks.
- I finally reassembled the hummingbird feeders after scrubbing them clean the other day, added Vaseline to the poles and the hanging hooks (to deter the ants and squirrels) and refilled them with the rest of my homemade nectar. Of course by now the hummers have probably moved to another yard!
- I brewed myself a new pot of herbal tea in my new infusing pitcher. I had those sampler boxes of Celestial Tea in a drawer for a couple of years, I got them for close to free after coupons (or free, I can't remember). Each packet contains 4 bags of tea, which is perfect for my pitcher. I also love that using tea bags instead of loose tea makes it way easier to clean that deep filter without wasting a bunch of water. Today I chose Wild Berry Zinger. It's too tall to fit in the fridge so I just leave in on my counter and drink it at room temperature. Sometimes I add some stevia to my cup, sometimes not. The tight screw-on top makes it easy for it not to spoil.
- I uploaded new store coupons to my CVS app and digital manufacturer coupons to my Publix digital wallet.
- Then I fired up (ha!) Firefox and printed some coupons via Swagbucks and Redplum.
- I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits.
- My daughter had left some melted ice at the bottom of her Starbucks cup. I dumped the water into some indoor plant pot and recycled the cup.
- Since I didn't cook most of the dinners that I had planned for last week, I didn't have much work to do on this coming week's dinner menu, woohoo!
- Better late than never! I put the chicken in the crockpot with some baby carrots that were half frozen and half dried-up, the ends and leaves of several celery stalks, and an onion, covered it with water (well, it's not exactly covered since the chicken almost filled up the whole crockpot!), added salt and pepper and set it to cook for 6 hours on high. I set an alarm on my phone so tonight after the 6 hours are done, I'll reset it for 10 hours on low and then hopefully I'll have rich soup base.
- I finished season 5 of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (borrowed from the library). I have season 6 coming to me in the new couple of days so I put Season 7 on hold too.
- I took a RaceTrac survey and earned a survey reward code for a freebie.
- I clipped digital coupons to my Walgreens wallet.
- I watched a movie on Netflix. I didn't like it at all, but at least I can say I used our Netflix membership, since I've been mostly watching DVDs from the library this month!
- I made fried egg sandwiches for dinner but wasn't sure what to make with them. I decided to make hash browns. I'm glad I thought of it since the last 5 Russet potatoes were all wrinkled and would have gone bad very soon.
- Since my 2nd Daily Goal for Swagbucks was only a few more SB than the first, I decided to got for it and made it at 8:30 p.m. and then I was blissfully free from Swagbucks... until tomorrow.
- Water to quench the thirst of the garden: I used the hose to water most of the potted plants, the in-ground plants, and refill the self-watering bins that were bone dry.
- Swagbucks and/or Chrome kept on crashing on me this morning, it's been very annoying. Even rebooting my laptop didn't seem to help.
- I had to compost the cantaloupe that I had bought from Aldi last week. It never spoiled and smelled OK so I cut it up yesterday and tried eating some: the flesh was very hard and tasted like chemicals. It was horrible! I should mention it to them when I go there on Wednesday, but I complained about the cantaloupe just 2 weeks ago so I don't want them to think that it's all I do! I usually wouldn't care but there are only about 3-4 cashiers that I see all the time and I don't want to get "a reputation". Plus I think I bought the cantaloupe over a week ago so it might be too late to bring it up. I think I'm going to stay away from their cantaloupes for a while.
- Not a frugal failure but I wanted to work on genealogy some more tonight and the site that I need to access is down. Argh. However, I just found another archive site that is up for another part of the region where my ancestors were from, so I'll just track earlier ancestors tonight :)
- Tried taking many Swagbucks surveys (grr)
- Organized the dirty dishes so it looks less daunting!
- Watered the garden
- Emptied out the countertop composting bin into the large one and washed it
- Picked up newspaper from the driveway
- Commented on blogs
- Replied to a friend's email
- Emailed some job postings links to my BFF
- Reassembled the hummingbird feeders
- Applied Vaseline to poles
- Refilled the hummingbird feeders and hung them
- Brewed a pitcher of herbal tea
- Printed and clipped coupons
- Uploaded digital coupons
- Figured out next week's menu (I only had to figure out one dinner so woohoo!)
- Started making soup base in the crockpot
- Tried taking many more Swagbucks surveys (GRRRRR)
- Replied to blog comments
- Put a DVD on hold
- Took a customer satisfaction survey
- Folded the laundry and put most of it away
- Cooked dinner
- I'm so tired at 1 pm. that it doesn't look like I'll get on the bike today, quite honestly.
- Since I stayed up last night, I got hungry. I had 2 Wasa crackers with sliced turkey, and then later on I had a roll of "Sweet Tarts" kind of candy that Greg had brought back from Canada. No idea of how many calories.
- I entered my food into MFP. I was 38 calories above my allowance.
- For the kiss my son plants on top of my head every time he comes back from the park :) He's such a sweetie.
- For a quiet day at home.