It was a weird night last night. I feel asleep on the couch while watching a DVD on my laptop. Greg went to bed in the meantime. I woke up past midnight, was wide awake, watched some more of my DVD and then headed up to bed. I was still wide awake so I watched some episodes of L&O: SVU on my Kindle in bed. At some point I fell asleep again but I woke up thinking the house was on fire...
It was Greg. He was up with his migraine again and had heated up one of those head wraps so much that the filling was emitting a very burnt smell. Yuck.
Then I was wide awake again so I continued watching "SVU" until 5:30 a.m.! I got up at 9:30 a.m. Poor Greg was up all night with the migraine, nausea and vomiting. He is refusing my offers to take him to the urgent care clinic to get a prescription so I gave him the two bottles of Gatorade that I was keeping for my daughter.
I didn't get to sit outside this morning because everything was wet and shortly after it started pouring! Yay for the garden but this is probably going to make Greg's migraine last longer. Ugh.
So I ended up spending the entire day in my pajamas. I'll make up for it tomorrow with Domestic Monday ;)
To Do List :
- Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
- Make a lightbox to take better pictures
- Melt down old candles and make into one or two new candles
- Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two)
- Dust the entry room, breezeway, bedrooms (including son's fan)
- Declutter linen closet
- Clean kitchen cabinets
- Clean out the printer stand, including school paperwork folders
- Declutter the top of the fridge
- Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
- Declutter exercise room (including storage bench)
- Vacuum the Expedition and the Focus (Monday)
Do the dishes- Done
- Vacuum living room
- Sweep breezeway
- Sweep and mop kitchen
- Sweep and mop downstairs bathroom
- Spray bleach in shower stall
- Scrub downstairs toilet
- Make daughter's bed
Check on the pineapples to see if they're ready to be cut up and dehydrated- Done Collect dehydrated onionsand process them - collected in a jar.
- Make Grape Nuts (Monday)
- Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
- Take items to the dump
- Take donations to thrift store
- Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
- Research cone flowers and their care and plant them somewhere - Transplanted them in larger pot.
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
- Fertilize the raspberries - I'm thinking about pulling them and putting more roses in pots in their place.
- Add mulch to the vegetable garden - I will do this once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
- Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
- Divide and repot the aloe plant
- Plant more okra
- Trim grass behind the hedge
- Find fish emulsion and use on plants
Check on seed nursery and water as needed- Done
- Call gyneco to make annual appointment
- Get back on the recumbent bike!
- Do 5 min of strength exercises
- Weigh myself (Monday)
- Log food into My Fitness Pal
- See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
- Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
- Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Call AC repair company
- Greg to call plumber
- Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
- Scan more old pictures
- Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
- Figure out if we should contribute to regular or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
- Download all May-July photos to my external drive
- Back up my external drive to my other external drive
- File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
- Purge filing cabinet
- File paperwork
- Write new letter to great grand aunt
Clip coupons- Done Sort coupons- Done Print coupons- Done
- Submit Clearasil rebate
Input receipts into spreadsheets- Done
- The Sunday paper had 4 coupon inserts (I paid 1 cent for a 1 year Thursday + Sunday subscription).
- I brewed a pot of free coffee from Wawa.
- It rained intensely, if briefly, this morning so I don't need to water the garden.
- I finished watching the first 2 seasons of L&O: Criminal Intent. With Greg still suffering from a migraine and needing peace and quiet, I started watching the "Homicide: Life on the Street" DVDs that I had bought several years ago and forgotten about, on my laptop with my headphones.
- I printed coupons via Swagbucks and CVS.com by using Firefox (the Target coupons printed fine on Chrome, though), and uploaded digital coupons to my Publix digital wallet.
- I unlocked new offers on my SavingStar app.
- I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits and a few Swagbucks.
- I took a RaceTrac survey and earned a survey reward code for a freebie.
- I set out the last of the boule bread dough to rise on my covered front porch (humidity + heat, might as well take advantage of it!). I'll bake bread for dinner tonight. The trouble is, with this, that I have been eating most of it.
- Segue into my lunch: a carton of New England Clam Chowder bought on clearance at Target several months ago with the rest of the bread I baked yesterday and a quarter canteloupe.
- I sorted the coupons that I had printed and clipped and filed them in my coupon organizer. It's the 1st time in a long time that I actually do this on a Sunday! Being organized saves me money. I know this because I waste money when I'm disorganized.
- I decluttered the small cabinet in the main bathroom:
- threw away: 2 bottles of old soap and a tube of old kiddie toothpaste.
- donation: brand new, unopened tube of kiddie toothpaste
- upcycled: small sample of shampoo that I will put in the shower that I use
- I really spent the afternoon doing mostly nothing but surfing the net while watching "Homicide: Life on the Street" (which, to my utmost dismay, I just can't get into at all!) and then some of the "Inspector Linley Mysteries" DVDs that I had bought at the Mount Dora Library.
- Greg went to sleep upstairs for a while around dinnertime and I didn't know what he would feel like eating so I didn't bother cooking dinner. When he came down he said he felt like a burger but didn't feel like McDonald's so he said he would just have canned soup. Ooookay... so I offered canned ravioli to our son, who loves that stuff, so he was happy with that and a thick slice of homemade bread. As for me, I guess I'll make a grilled egg and cheese sandwich a little bit later on.
- Today was a No Drive Day. The first in several months and # 9 for the year. A paltry number but with Greg working every day, fishing and hunting on the weekends, and my daughter driving to her classes and activities too, I knew it was going to be very hard to have more than that this year.
- It was also a No Spend Day. Yay.
- My seedlings are growing OK. They're very leggy though, which usually doesn't make for very healthy plants.
|Sadly, the broccoli seedlings' tops rotted when they were in contact with the plastic wrap covering the whole thing for several days.|
- I had to compost a whole container of strawberries because I neglected to use them up and they molded. Ugh.
- Because the AC was running OK, I never did call the repair company last week. However, our thermostat is still acting up and it's also affecting the whole system as the furnace was running non stop last night even when the AC unit wasn't on. So I need to call them tomorrow.
- Did a load of dishes
- Printed and clipped coupons
- Baked bread
- Sorted coupons
- Decluttered the cabinet in main bathroom
- Summarized our July expenses
- Heated up dinner for my son
- That my daughter is flying back to Orlando tonight!
- That Greg's migraine seems to have dissipated. Hopefully it will last.
- That he didn't feel like McDonald's: I didn't have to change out of my pajamas AND we didn't spend any money. Woohoo!
How was your weekend?