Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Shopping Day ~ Wednesday 8/3/16



No nature shots today. It's Grocery Shopping Day so I didn't sit in the yard.  I had my usual "But I don't wanna go shopping today!!" moment, but then I started gathering the emails I had forwarded myself about freebies or great deals at Publix, I gathered coupons, and then I felt energized again. Watch me get all frustrated when I go there and nothing is left on the shelves because it's the last day of the sale...

Anyhoo, I slept well last night although I did go to bed a tiny bit late. Pixel Peeper was right: even just 5 minutes with those dumb bells seem to have an effect... at least, I choose to credit the recent improvement in the quality of my sleep to that!

We're supposed to get some rain today.  I don't think that we will.  All those predictions have been way off the mark, at least for my neighborhood, all summer long.

Here is my to-do list. I post it every day because I'm on the laptop a lot and I've noticed that when I wait to add it to my post (which gets published late at night but I work on it all day long), then I tend not to be as productive.  However today is Grocery Shopping Day, which will take all morning, and then I'll need to input all the receipts in my spreadsheet and then document my trip so that'll probably the extent of what I accomplish today. It tends to kick my butt in terms of energy expended. Plus it's darn hot and going in and out of vehicles in this heat is exhausting.

To Do List :
  • Crafty/Creative:
    • Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
    • Make a lightbox to take better pictures
    • Melt down old candles and make into one or two new candles
    • Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two)
  • Cleaning/Decluttering:
    • Dust the entry room, breezeway, bedrooms (including son's fan)
    • Declutter linen closet
    • Clean kitchen cabinets
    • Clean out the printer stand, including school paperwork folders
    • Declutter the top of the fridge
    • Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
    • Declutter exercise room (including storage bench)
    • Vacuum the Expedition and the Focus
    • Do the dishes
    • Vacuum living room
    • Sweep breezeway
    • Sweep and mop kitchen
    • Sweep and mop downstairs bathroom
    • Spray bleach in shower stall
    • Scrub downstairs toilet
    • Vacuum daughter's room
    • Wash daughter's bedding
  • Cooking/Baking/Preserving:
    • Check on the pineapples to see if they're ready to be cut up and dehydrated
    • Collect dehydrated onions and process them - collected in a jar. 
    • Make Grape Nuts
  • Entertainment
    • Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
  • Errands:
    • Take items to the dump
    • Pick up acne soap from dermatologist  - Nobody seems to carry that soap anymore. Investigating alternatives.
  • Gardening/outdoors:
    • Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
    • Research cone flowers and their care and plant them somewhere - Transplanted them in larger pot.
    • Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
    • Fertilize the raspberries - I'm thinking about pulling them and putting more roses in pots in their place.
    • Add mulch to the vegetable garden - I will do this once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
    • Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
    • Divide and repot the aloe plant
    • Plant more okra
    • Trim grass behind the hedge
    • Find fish emulsion and use on plants
    • Check on seed nursery
    • Reuse water from this morning's cooking to water potted plants - Done
  • Health:
    • Call gyneco to make annual appointment
    • Call pharmacy to order more acne medications for my son (need both, ask for the price) - Done
    • Get back on the recumbent bike! 
    • Do 5 min of strength exercises 
    • Weigh myself - Done
    • Log food into My Fitness Pal
  • Maintenance:
    • See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
    • Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
    • Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
    • Vacuum fridge coils
    • Greg to call plumber
  • Technology/Paperwork:
    • Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
    • Scan more old pictures
    • Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
    • Figure out if we should contribute to regular  or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
    • Download all May-July photos to my external drive
    • Back up my external drive to my other external drive
    • File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
    • Purge filing cabinet
    • File paperwork
    • Write new letter to great grand aunt
    • Clip printed coupons - Done
    • Sort coupons
    • Finalize shopping list - Done
    • Submit rebates - Done
    • Input receipts into spreadsheets - Done
    • Write grocery shopping post - Done
    • Research acne soap/prices online - Done
    • Look for coupons for my options - Done

FRUGAL SUCCESSES
  • Greg took leftovers to work for his lunch.

  • I cooked 6 hardboiled eggs for snacks and my lunches. The water will be reused this afternoon to water some plants.

  • I cooked a box of spaghetti to use in the frittata that I'll be making tonight.  I drained the unsalted water in a salad bowl and I'll also reuse it to water plants later on.

  • I worked on my shopping list after consulting the new ads for Aldi and Save A Lot and the emails I had forwarded myself with posts from IHeartPublix about this week's deals.  I printed a few more coupons and put them in the appropriate store folders so I won't be scrounging for coupons when I get to the stores.

  • I brewed a pot of the free coffee from Wawa and had the last slice of homemade bread with some peach preserves that I had gotten on clearance several years ago.  That's the problem with making homemade bread from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day: I eat the whole loaf. The whole damn thing (well, except for 2 slices that I gave to Greg and our son at dinner last night.). It's shameful and not good for my waist line (ah! What waist line?!) and I still have a huge container of dough to bake in the fridge.

  • I have a new freebie in my RaceTrac app, for a free piece of fruit!  Today, though, I'll redeem the one for the free 32 oz soda and I'll give it to Greg tonight.

  • I redeemed my Swagbucks July bonus, which was a paltry 31 SB. But it's better than nothing! Someone on Twitter posted a picture of theirs and it was over 3,000 SB!

  • I went grocery shopping. My trip was equally as frustrating as it was rewarding:
    • I brought my morning coffee along in a travel mug since we don't get Sodapalooza drinks anymore (sob!).

    • I drove the Focus for better mileage. It's the last shopping trip that I'll be able to take with it since my daughter returns next week so she'll be driving the car (sob!).
    • I stopped by Publix first so I would beat the other shoppers waiting until the last minute to score freebies!
      • Deals: I scored 4 packages of Naan bread for free after BOGO sale and coupons, 4 packages of Activia Frusion yogurts for free (well, $0.02!) after BOGO sale and coupons, 1 imported cheese for free after BOGO sale and another one for $4.99, 1 box of Tiny Toast cereal for free after sale, coupon and SavingStar rebate, another box for just $1. My OOP was $5.01 but it was all FREE to me anyway since I still had money on the Publix gift card that I had won at an Instant Win Game earlier this year.
      • Frustrations: 
        • There were a lot of completely bare spots on the shelves, I had never seen that at this Publix.
        • They don't seem to carry the Atkins Lift protein bar that is free after digital coupon on their site.
        • The Annie's mac and cheese that IHeartPublix reported being $1.25 was $1.99 at my Publix, so I left it on the shelf.
      • Gratitude:
        • They accepted all my coupons without any problems
        • My cashier was super nice and helpful

    • I stopped by Save A Lot because I had realized that I had forgotten to return the chili powder that was too expensive.
      • Deals: 
        • I returned the chili powder and was refunded $1
        • I bought a cantaloupe on sale for $0.97
      • Frustrations:
        • I got all the way to the store and realized that I had last week's receipt but that I had forgotten the chili powder in the car...
      • Gratitude:
        • I got extra free exercise by walking back to the car
        • My cashier was super nice and friendly

    • I had to pick up the cat food at the vet's.
      • No deals there, the cat food is freaking expensive
      • Gratitude:
        • The office staff knows me by name, asks about my cats by name, ask about my son (one of them used to be his preschool teacher!). They are lovely people.

    • RaceTrac to get gas and a couple of freebies: 
      • Deals: 
        • Gas was $1.94/gallon, 3 cents cheaper than at the station closer to my house. I gassed up the Focus and received loyalty points on my app and a new receipt with which to earn a freebie.
        • I redeemed a survey reward code for a free jumbo blueberry muffin (breakfast tomorrow).
        • I redeemed a Sodapalooza coupon for a free bottle of Core Power protein milkshake. I will pack it in Greg's on Friday.
      • Gratitude:
        • RaceTrac is awesome.  They have low prices and they give me freebies all the time. What's not to love?!

    • CVS:
      • Deals: I bought a gallon of whole milk on sale for $2.79 and 2 boxes of Special K cereal on sale for $1.99 each. I redeemed $1.00/2 printable coupon and $2.00 in ECBs.  My OOP was $3.77 but it was all FREE to me thanks to the CVS gift card earned with the American Express Rewards program.  I will also earn Kellogg's Family Rewards points automatically via my ExtraCare card.
      • Frustrations: 
        • They only had 1 bottle of the Body Armor drink that I wanted.  I needed to purchase 2 of them to get the $3.00 back in ECB.  I did get a raincheck but the cashier warned me that they might not get it back in stock because it's not a regular item. 
        • Once again, I didn't win the "Instantly Win a Surface 3" game that was on one of the boxes. With all the cereal that I buy, I have yet to ever find a winning box.
      • Gratitude: my cashier is always super friendly, I love her. And I was able to get a raincheck so I'll stop by tomorrow again since I have to go back that way and the truck is supposed to deliver tomorrow, she thinks.

    • Dermatologist:
      • Frustrations:
        • The waiting room was full, but the front desk seemed un-staffed and no one greeted me or the lady who came in right behind me. We just stood there for a couple of minutes and were never acknowledged.
        • At the other end of the counter, where people get checked out, there was a staff member making copies, a person checking people out, and another staff member turning her back to the entrance and reading a magazine.
        • I called out to her and asked if I could just buy a bar of soap.  Suddenly, I had all 3 of their attention. However, they were kind of defensive. I was told they no longer carried the soap.  When I pressed and told them their doctor had told my son to use it, they said they now sold another product or that I could buy the same one the doctor had said to use at Walgreens. There is a Walgreens 2 miles from my house, I wish they had told me from the beginning that I didn't need to come to their office to buy it, 20 minutes away! 
      • Gratitude:
        • I asked for a note from the doctor so my Health FSA would approve the purchase of the soap at Walgreens and the staff member did get it for me and was pleasant about it.
        • On my way out of the office, the lady who had been waiting behind me and I stuck a friendly conversation as we walked back to our cars.  She had also stopped by just to pick up something.

    • Aldi:
      • Deals: 
        • I was able to resist buying too many snacks and didn't buy any chocolate!
        • I stocked up on crunchy peanut butter, Greg's favorite, that was available this week (they don't stock the large jars on a regular basis).
        • I got good deals on produce.
        • I had brought my receipt and explained that I had to compost the cantaloupe bought last week and asked if I could get my money back. The cashier said he would just give me another produce item for free and picked my bag of apples.  The apples cost $3.99 but the cantaloupe had only cost $0.99, which he knew. Woohoo!  My OOP was $33.70 and I charged it to American Express for 3% back in Rewards.
      • Frustrations:
        • I hate their new big carts that take too much space in the aisles.
        • People who park their carts in the middle of the aisle and then walk away to go look at produce or something else, thus forcing me to move their cart out of the way so I can go by!
      • Gratitude:
        • My cashier was very gracious, apologized several times for the bad cantaloupe and went beyond the call of duty, I think.
        • Why is it that people aren't all that friendly outside of the Aldi parking lot, but once in the parking lot everyone smiles at everyone else and offers to take the carts back and hands everyone quarters?  LOL.

    • Walgreens:
      • Frustrations: 
        • They don't carry the soap that the dermatologist's office staff said they carried!
        • If I buy something else, I'm afraid that the Health FSA administrator will turn my refund request down since the note that I obtained was for the soap that no one seems to carry.  Arrgh.
      • Gratitude: 
        • the Walgreens staff member I approached to ask for help was very nice.
        • Some of the body wash that might be able to replace the soap seem to be on sale.
        • A staff member had attached a coupon to the Neutrogena products that I was considering.
      • Deals: none. I took pictures of my options but since I'll be going back to CVS tomorrow, I'll check to see if they carry the soap and what the other options are there.  I'll also look for available coupons for the brands that I am considering.

    • Library:
      • Deals:
        • I picked up the DVDs of the first 2 seasons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.  Free entertainment!
      • Frustration:
        • I had completely forgotten that DVDs can only be checked out for 7 days. Each season has 6 DVDs in it!
        • But I had also completely forgotten that I must have already checked out at least Season 1 before as I have seen those episodes already.
      • Gratitude:
        • I love my library and library staff!
        • that I was able to resist grabbing all the free copies of magazines from the donation pile because I don't need anymore recipes or clutter in my house!
        • that they posted another cool Dungeons & Dragons poster advertising my son's D&D club and dates of the club meetings for the month of August.
        • that I can put my Law & Order DVDs on and not have to pay 100% attention to what's going on on the screen since I've already seen those episodes, LOL.

    • RaceTrac:
      • Deal:
        • I redeemed a Sodapalooza coupon for a free roller item to get a Monterey Chicken roll for my son's lunch.
      • Frustration:
        • I wanted to redeem my coupon for a free medium soda for Greg but they were completely out of medium cups and my coupon expires today!
      • Gratitude:
        • The manager told me I could use a large cup so Greg got even more Diet Dr. Pepper for free :)



  • My son came out to help me carry the groceries into the house, which spares my shoulder from getting wrenched again!

  • I mixed 1/2 a gallon of water to 1/2 gallon of whole milk to stretch it.

  • Lunch was the leftover Cheesy Zucchini Bites from last night with a naan bread (free from Publix), celery sticks with Veggie Ranch dip (bought on clearance last week) and a navel orange. I also had 2 cups of iced tea that I had brewed last night with tea bags that I had gotten for free last year.  I reused my Sodapalooza cup since it's excellent at keeping drinks cold.  I ate it while playing one of the L&O: CI DVDs that I had just picked up from the library (and Greg is at work so he can't glower at me for watching this show, which is a bonus!). (oh, and Jess, btw, you know the word that you said I shouldn't say because it meant something naughty?  Well, they said it on the very first episode and they didn't mean hummingbird. Uh. I thought of you, lol.  Also, now I know why I got so many views on that one post, roflmao! I'll bet people were really disappointed!)

  • In order to fight the burnt smell (see "failures"), I used the peels from the orange in some water and microwaved the whole thing.  The tip that I read online said to leave the door to the microwave closed for several hours.  It worked!
Yes, I need to clean my microwave, but some of the staining is permanent
and predates my ownership!
  • I cut the two roses that were starting to burn in the sun so I could enjoy them indoors.  They are a little damaged but they smell great... and they're free :)

  • I submitted rebates to Ibotta, Checkout 51, and SavingStar.  Checkout 51 credited my account pretty quickly. Both my Ibotta and SavingStar submissions were wonky via my app (both had items automatically submitted that I didn't purchase!) so I haven't gotten the money back yet and I anticipate having some problems with them.


  • I reached my first goal on Swagbucks (and I did yesterday as well!).  I'm running nGage videos as much as I can today.

  • My son walked to the free Teen weekly programming at our local library.

  • The library e-book that I'm currently reading was about to expire so I renewed it.  I'll try to do some reading tonight since Greg doesn't appreciate Law & Order Criminal Intent :)

  • I also put the latest John Sandford book on hold. I'm #22 in line but it doesn't come out until early October.

  • I won another $3 concession stand voucher in the M&M Instant Win Game. Now, if only there were any movies that I would want to see at the theater, lol.  So I assigned it to Middle Son and emailed him to let him know. I have no idea whether he's using those or not as he just doesn't communicate.


  • I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits and was able to order a $5 Amazon gift card. Yay!

  • I earned a few Swagbucks too :)

  • For dinner I cooked the frittata that was on my menu. I tweaked it a little in that I used a can of diced tomatoes, omitted the zucchini since I used mine up yesterday, and substituted the green collards that I had gotten on clearance last week for the spinach. It was delicious, though.  I served it with the leftover salad from last night and naan bread.

  • It poured tonight for a good 15 minutes at least!  I hope some of it made it into the rain barrel, but at the very least I won't have to water the garden tomorrow, yippee!


  • I took 2 RaceTrac surveys and earned survey reward codes for 2 more freebies :)


  • I researched prices for the products that I had identified at Walgreens as being an acceptable substitute for the acne soap and realized that Walgreens is cheaper than CVS at this point.  I spoke with my son about the choices and we decided to buy the Clearasil Ultra 5-in-1 Body Scrub.  I looked for a coupon and actually found a rebate to get it free! (it's actually good for any one Clearasil product, except the kit).  The trick is that I have to cut out the UPC from the plastic container to submit the receipt so I'll have to pour it into a pump bottle.  Good thing that I tend to save containers like this!


SPLURGES
  • Gas to go grocery shopping/run errands.

  • Imported cheese. I needed it to go with my fancy homemade boule bread!  It was on BOGO, which made it slightly cheaper than the brie at Aldi, but it was free to me anyway since I paid for it with a free Publix gift card.

FAILURES
  • I had to compost about 1/3 of a container of strawberries because they looked OK but they were all rotten on the inside :(

  • I had an AT&T offer in my Swagbucks inbox for 5 SB that could be redeemed 3 times but it only worked once. I emailed SB Customer Service to let them know. Hopefully they'll fix it. I'm so close to 2,200, it's annoying when I can't get the SB that I'm supposed to be able to get! Update: I checked my ledger later on and saw that they had credited me with the 10 SB.

  • I tried drying the celery leaves in the microwave but they caught fire!  So I had to throw them away.

  • MamboSprouts sent me a survey to take for which I could have gotten a coupon for a free all-natural products, up to $10, while I was shopping. But by the time I was able to take the survey, they had given away all the coupons already :(

  • I called the pharmacy to order 2 acne medication refills for my son. The one that is not covered by our insurance (and there is no alternate medication that IS covered) is going to cost $75.  I had balked at the price the last time and not refilled it, but my son reports that his acne is a little worse now so I'm getting it. Something to be grateful about is that I'll be able to pay for it with the funds set aside in our Health FSA so it's tax free and also that the $75 price is actually taking into account a manufacturer coupon that the pharmacy is applying automatically, otherwise that medication costs several hundreds of dollars.  The other medication is back ordered at the manufacturer so we can't get it at all and don't know when we'll be able to get it.  Arrgh.  I asked the pharmacy to give me a call when it's back in stock.

  • Bing Rewards started requiring me to confirm my redemption of credits via my cell phone. The problem is, I don't want them having my cell phone number and I resent the intrusion. Last month they had an option to confirm via email and since I have an outlook.com account, you'd think that would be enough. But today that option is gone. So I'm charging up our home phone. It's a dumb phone on our family plan that is always turned off because we don't answer our home phone. I keep the line for nonsense like this.

  • I've always wondered why some bloggers bother to put their copyright on their pictures because, who cares?  But this article about how ridiculous and greedy and dishonest Getty Images seems to be has me thinking that I might want to start adding my copyright to my own pictures as well or one day they might want to charge me for my own work!  Paranoid much? Well maybe. And I don't relish having to spend the extra time to do this as you all know that I take tons of pictures! Ugh.

  • I weighed myself this morning and logged my weight into MyFitnessPal tonight and I have put on 10 lbs in one month!  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!  Now I'm wondering if those fountain drinks were indeed diet.  Well, certainly the cake that I've been having for breakfast and the pounds and pounds of cherries that I ate didn't help. So I've decided that once school starts again, my routine will be to get on my recumbent bike as soon as I come back from dropping off my son at the high school. And I've got to go back to logging my food.  And I probably need to cut down on any diet drinks and sweetener because I'm thinking it's not helping. Plain boring water, here I come.  Arrgh.
I think Pixel Peeper probably owes me a Magnum ice cream bar but I'm pretty sure
that she's smaller than me despite her protests. And why is this little blue guy celebrating under the display?
I want to kick him in the privates just about now.
  • Greg submitted his expense report and his Finance department kicked it back because they said he "overtipped". Now, if you know my husband, you know that he never overtips. He is a great guy but tight with his money when it comes to tipping unless I encourage him. As a matter of fact, he told his colleagues that his wife was never going to believe that it was the reason for the expense report to have come back.  How much did he overtip?  Well on one taxi ride, by $1.20.  Now, this is the company that paid $1,700 for his hotel room without batting an eye and flew him to Canada for meetings that could very well be accomplished via video conference call.  But they're balking at $1.20 in "overtipping"?!  Altogether, he tells me it looks like he's going to have to pay about $20 out of pocket.  So I'm pissed AND I told him that from now on, he'd better be expensing his tolls to and from the airport AND all the phone expenses that we are incurring when he's traveling (it was only about $2 or $3 for this trip but I don't care, they need to pay for those, darn it). I am happy that he had a good job, but I'm sorry, this is nonsense!


CHORES
  • Cooked Greg's breakfast
  • Packed his lunch
  • I had asked my son to take the recycling down for me last night so I didn't have to do that in my PJs first thing this morning, woohoo!
  • Printed and clipped coupons
  • Finessed my shopping list
  • Emailed Older Son's Girlfriend to wish her a happy birthday
  • Went grocery shopping and ran errands
  • Put everything away and documented by trip
  • Brought the recycling bins back up the driveway
  • Submitted rebates
  • Wrote freebies and  grocery shopping post
  • Commented on some blogs and replied to blog comments
  • Cooked dinner
  • Unloaded the dishwasher
  • Clipped coupons and sorted them
  • Researched alternatives for my son's acne soap

GRATITUDE
  • For bloggers who take the time to let us know about deals. I know it's their job, in many cases, and I'm as annoyed as the next person with the number of "sponsored posts" that they produce, but I ignore those and am able to pick and choose what I want to read.  They save me lots of time and money!
  • For very friendly cashiers today.
  • For my loving husband who said I was voluptuous.  Well, he also declared suddenly that he felt like having "a big ass soda" right after patting me on the butt, and I thought that was an interesting word association... Arumph.
  • For being able to laugh at myself. Although right now I want to strangle myself because I have created so much more work for myself by sticking my head in the sand so long about my weight. Arrgh. 

Any horror stories you'd like to share?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, 3,000 points. How can someone get that much? That's amazing. I got 664 and I thought that was good. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 664 is awesome, Mia! Good for you!

      Delete
  2. I love how you listed both the frustrations and the gratitude. *smile*

    So envious of your rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like that, lol.

      Sorry, I didn't get enough rain to share with you... we got a little more tonight but nothing compared to what Orlando must have gotten, it was really dark over there when I drove eastward this afternoon.

      Delete
  3. I love this new format of writing down the deals, frustrations and gratitudes at each shop. I seem to have a very hard time thinking of gratitudes. This must be Bless' influence on you.

    I read your recipe for the zucchini bites last night and I think I will try out the recipe over the weekend. I will use my homemade Bisquick recipe mix that I keep in a glass jar in the fridge, and some cheddar cheese that I shredded and put in the freezer a couple of months back. It looks really yummy.

    Your roses look great on the table. Do your cats not bother with them? I can't bring any of my flowers in the house (not even dried or silk flowers), because Brucie won't leave them alone. He has to tip over the vase and pull them out.

    His expense report was sent back over $1.20? Give. me. a. break. Unbelievable! You betcha he had better send in receipts for EVERYTHING. They may reject his "over-generously" tipping policy, but they probably owe him plenty more than he has claimed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to add insult to injury, it was $1.20 CANADIAN!! (just kidding!)

      My cats are far too lazy to bother with flowers. They don't even know what a flower is. They know their kibble, their scratch posts, and their assigned spots in the entry room. Once in a while I've have proof that one of them was on the kitchen table at night and it's usually Male Cat. He also likes to come chew any piece of crinkly plastic wrapper that gets thrown in my small trashcan in the exercise room. I just chased him out of there again tonight.

      I think it's funny that Brucie likes the flowers! He is a frustrated floral designer, perhaps!

      I hope you like the Cheesy Zucchini Bites. They were a big success here and so easy to make.

      Delete
  4. P.S. I just noticed that you don't have a router right now, so DO NOT feel you have to answer back today. I don't. *laugh* BTW, I printed the Becel coupon this morning. Thank you for the link. I do not have a Super Store near me, but the coupon was a manufacturer's coupon so I am able to use it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad it was helpful! I had to go back to that post several times to copy the URL to email you because I kept on not doing it right. That blogger is going to wonder why the post on Becel margarine had so many views, lol.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to try the microwave cleaning trick sometime!

    Why why why is it so damn hard to lose weight? You know that saying...My New Year's Resolution was to lose 10 pounds...I only have 15 pounds to go! That's me! Every day I tell myself I'm getting serious about losing weight slowly and sensibly. And every morning I step on the scale and it just keeps going up, up, up. Sigh. And I wish it was only 10 pounds that I wanted to lose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word, get out of my head!!!

      It's very disheartening and hard to feel motivated, perversely, when you realize that not only you have all the weight to lose that you had gained back since your last diet and then SOME.

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!