Wednesday is my main shopping day but with the kittens in the house, I can't be gone too long so I split this week's grocery shopping between several days and skipped Walmart altogether.
My official 2016 weekly grocery budget is $100/wk for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teens) but I really aim to spend $50 or less.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $62.83
Rebates expected: $0.00
Total spent after rebates: $62.83
Money left in budget: $37.17
I went over my desired budget because I spent a lot on produce. But we were out of fruit and veggies so I had to restock!
Baking Supplies: $0.69 OOP
- One of those impulse buys because I saw it and thought we were out of it and fall baking season is almost upon us... well, apparently I had stocked up several months ago. At least I only bought one!
- 1 can evaporated milk (Aldi) @ $0.69
Beverages: $0.00 OOP
- I sent a text to Greg with this picture and the message "Keeping you addicted since 2016©" :) Sodapalooza won't last forever (sadly) and he reaaaaaally likes his Diet Dr. Pepper.
- (3) 12-packs Diet Dr. Pepper ( CVS), on sale $3 for $10, minus $2.02 in ECBs but FREE with my CVS gift card earned via our Amex Rewards program.
Breads/Baked Goods: $2.44 OOP
- I asked my daughter to stop by SAL on Monday, fearing that we would run out of bread before I could get to the store so she picked up a loaf... and then I got the free bread the next day and bought more bread today. What can I say? Bread rarely goes bad in our house!
- The digital coupon that I had uploaded for a free loaf of Dave's Killer Bread did NOT come off my total at the register so be warned if you uploaded the same receipt. Check your total before leaving the store and be ready to encounter skepticism at Customer Service. Have your Publix app out and showing the clipped coupon.
- 1 loaf white bread (Save A Lot) @ $0.99 (not pictured)
- 1 loaf organic Dave's Killer Bread (Publix), @ $4.99 but FREE after digital manufacturer coupon and got $0.25 back from Ibotta so MONEYMAKER!
- 1 loaf white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85
- 1 8-ct package hamburger buns (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 1 box Crispy Rice (Aldi) @ $1.39
Dairy: $6.83 OOP
- I only got the Liberté yogurt because it was free. But it's something like 210 calories (whaaaaaat?!) and although I didn't check this one specifically, the non-organic version have lots of trans fats in them. It's one of the most unhealthy things I've ever seen, masquerading as a healthy yogurt. Beware! Having said that, I got the pomegranate flavor, thereby ensuring that Greg won't eat it, lol.
- Aldi's register still charged me only $0.29 per cup of yogurt even though the tag that was still on the shelf showed that the promotion ended on 8/30. I'm not going to complain about that mistake :)
- 1 gallon whole milk (Save A Lot) @ $2.99 (not pictured)
- 1 Liberté organic yogurt cup (Publix) @ $1.79 but FREE after digital manufacturer coupon!
- 1 16-oz container light sour cream (Aldi) @$1.19
- 10 cups yogurt (Aldi), on sale at $0.29 = $2.90
- 1 gallon whole milk (CVS), on sale at $2.79 but FREE with my CVS gift card earned via our Amex Rewards program.
- None needed
- Wooza! I got a lot of produce this week! The fruit cups can go in the kids' lunches... or my tummy, whichever.
- I should have brought back the russet potatoes to SAL today and gotten a refund since today's deals included 10 lbs (so 2 more lbs) for 40 cents cheaper. Oh well.
- Laura bought navel oranges at Aldi recently and said they were good so I went ahead and bought 2 bags. I love navel oranges! 2016 has seen the most oranges eaten by me since I lived in France... and I've lived in Florida for 30 years! I don't like Florida oranges.
- The hearts of Romaine looked very bad at Aldi, well, the 3 bags they had left. So I bought spinach instead. I might make spinach strawberry walnut salad, which will make my daughter happy :)
- The cucumbers were very puny, about half the size of the cukes that I bought this summer for the same price :(
- The portobello mushroom caps are apparently $1.99 each but since the sign at my store said $1.19, I had them refund me the difference.
- I should have also asked them to refund me the difference for the bananas because they rang at the regular price of $0.44/lb but the sign said $0.29/lb. However, I was so annoyed by the portobello (more details about that in tonight's post!) that I overlooked the bananas.
- The apples have finally dropped in price! They were $3.99 when I bought some 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm happy to see the price drop on those as I buy them every week. My son and daughter love apples.
- 1 ear corn (Save A Lot) @ $0.34
- 4.86 lbs green grapes (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.98/lb = $4.76 and got $0.25 back from Checkout 51 so $4.51
- 4.71 lbs papaya (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.69/lb = 3.25
- 8 lbs russet potatoes (Save A Lot), on sale @ $3.99
- 3 4-ct packages Dole fruit cups (Publix), on sale @ 3 for $6.00, minus $2.75 in coupons = $3.25
- 1 4-ct package Dole squeezable fruit pouches (Publix),on sale for $2.00 minus $1.00/1 insert coupon = $1.00
- 0.67 lbs tomatoes on the vine (Publix) @ $1.69/lb
- 1 broccoli head (Publix), on sale @ $1.50
- 2 lbs Driscolls strawberries (Publix), on sale @ $3.00 each, minus (2) $1.00/1 coupons from Driscoll's advisory panel = $4.00
- 1 cantaloupe (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.99
- 0.47 lbs Roma tomatoes (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.79/lb = 0.37
- 6 lbs navel oranges (Aldi),on sale @ $1.79 for 3 lbs = $3.58
- 3 lbs Red Delicious apples (Aldi) @ $2.89
- 1 jar red cabbage with apples (Aldi), on special at $1.69
- 5 lbs red potatoes (Aldi), on sale @ $1.59
- 2 lbs carrots (Aldi), on sale @ $0.79
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 2.51 lbs bananas (Aldi) @ $0.44/lb = $1.10
- 2 2-ct packages portobello caps (Aldi) @ $1.19 each = $3.38
- 1 cucumber (Aldi) @ $0.59
- 1 bag spinach (Aldi) @ $1.79
- I really wanted the Black Forest turkey but Aldi was out. So I got the ham.
- The eggs are on sale at Aldi for just $0.69 a dozen but I got them free at CVS so...
- I didn't buy any meat for the freezer, hooray!
- 1 Take'n Bake cheese pizza (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance at $2.75
- 2 dozens large eggs (CVS), on sale @ $1.49 each but FREE after ECBs from previous trip
- 1 lb Black Forest ham (Aldi), @ $2.99
Snacks: $3.37 OOP
- Can you believe how low my "Snacks" total is this week?! I think I'm going to start baking more... pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, and I've got to try Alison's applesauce bread at some point too!
- 1 4-ct chocolate pudding cups (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 1 box Swiss rolls (Aldi) @ $1.29
- 1 bag pretzel sticks (Aldi) @ $1.29 and got $0.10 back from MobiSave so $1.19
Did you get any great deals at the grocery store this week? Please link up or share your finds in the comments :)