Wednesday is my main shopping day. My official 2016 weekly grocery budget is $100/wk for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teens) but I really aim to spend $50 or less.
This week again, I had to spread my shopping over several days, which made it hard to track my spending but also allowed me to hit several sales cycles. So I stocked up on a few things, and yes, including mail.
Let's see how I did!
Budget for the week: $100.00
Total OOP: $96.33
Rebates expected: $0.50
Total spent after rebates: $95.83
Money left in budget: $4.17
Baking Supplies: $5.48 OOP
- The Dollar Tree finally had the cherry filling in stock. I bought 2 cans but I'm thinking about going back and getting more. I'll use them to make coffee cake.
- The applesauce is for baking.
- 2 cans cherry pie filling (Dollar Tree) @ $1.00 each = $2.00
- 5 lbs all purpose flour (Aldi) @ $1.59
- 1 large jar unsweetened applesauce (Aldi) @ $1.89
- None needed
- 1 8-pack hamburger rolls (Aldi) @ $0.85
- 1 loaf white bread (Aldi) @ $0.85 and got $0.10 back from Mobisave = $0.75
- The CVS clerk told me that I could use both the store coupons loaded to my ExtraCare card. I don't understand their coupon policy at all but I took it!
- 4 Special K Red Berries (CVS), on sale @ $2.50 each, minus (4) $1.00/1 manufacturer coupons from Kellogg's Family Rewards, minus $1.00/3 boxes of cereal CVS store coupon, minus $1.00/2 boxes of Special CVS store coupon = $4.00 but FREE with CVS gift card earned via our American Express Rewards program, and I got $1.00 back from Mobisave and $0.25 back from Ibotta so MONEY MAKER.
Dairy: $16.71 OOP
- The chocolate milk was a treat for the kids that I almost never buy and yes, they drink the whole bottle before it went bad :)
- I bought 2 packages of string cheese because Greg likes those too now!
- I was going to get Parmesan at Walmart with my Swagbucks gift cards but I don't know when I'll have the time to go so when I saw the reduced fat Parmesan at Aldi as a seasonal buy, I decided to grab 2 jars. My kids go through Parmesan like there's no tomorrow.
- 1 gallon whole milk (CVS), on sale @ $2.79 but FREE with CVS gift card earned through our Amex Rewards program and received $0.25 back from Ibotta so MONEYMAKER.
- 1 half gallon of chocolate milk (Save A Lot) on 50% clearance @ $1.32
- 2 4-packs Dannon Activia Light yogurt (Publix), on BOGO @ $2.50,minus $1.00/2 coupon = $1.50
- 2 canisters reduced fat Parmesan cheese (Aldi) @ $2.49 each = 4.98
- 1 package American cheese slices (Aldi) @ $1.69
- 2 packages Fit & Active string cheese (Aldi) @ $2.79 each = $5.58
- 1 8-oz block mild cheddar cheese (Aldi) @ $1.89
- Darn it, I thought I was buying chunky salsa and I grabbed the picante sauce by mistake. There doesn't seem to be any difference save for the texture. Since I usually use those in the crockpot, it probably doesn't matter.
- I thought I needed to stop up on pasta because I had been using a lot of it recently but not buying any... and then when I got home I realized that I already had 15 boxes at home! hahaha.
- 4 jars Pace picante sauce (Publix) on BOGO @ $2.79, minus (2) $1.00/2 manufacturer coupons = $3.58
- 4 boxes Ronzoni pasta (Publix) on BOGO @ $1.59 = $3.18 and got $0.10 back from MobiSave = $3.08
- 2 boxes of Zatarains' rice mix (Publix), on BOGO @ $1.49,minus $0.50/2 insert coupon, minus $0.50 digital coupon and will receive $0.50 back from SavingStar = MONEYMAKER
Produce: $25.44 OOP
- I had bought 4 ears of corn at Save A Lot before I saw it on sale at Target, darn it! We love corn on the cob so I bought more.
- I stocked up on crushed tomatoes to use in crockpot recipes and on apples since the price was so good.
- 1 bag spinach (Publix) @ $2.49 (not pictured)
- 1 cucumber (Publix) @ $0.75 and received $0.25 back from Ibotta = $0.50 (not pictured)
- 1 cantaloupe (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.99
- 4 ears of corn (Save A Lot) @ 2 for $0.88 = $1.76
- 0.12 lb jalapeño @ $1.69/lb = $0.20
- 1 Dole Caesar Salad kit (Save A Lot) on 50% clearance @ $1.25
- 4 ears corn (Target) @ $0.25 each = $1.00
- 4 lbs Driscoll's strawberries (Target), on sale @ $2.50 each, minus 25 Cartwheel, minus (4) $1.00/1 coupons from Driscoll's Consumer Advisory Panel = $3.48 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave = $3.38
- 4 lbs red delicious apples (Save A Lot), on sale @ $1.99/3 lbs = $3.98, minus $0.10 back from MobiSave =$3.88
- 2.09 lbs grapes (Save A Lot),on sale @ $1.49/lb =$3.11
- 4 large cans crushed tomatoes (Publix), on BOGO @ $1.99 = $3.98, minus $1.00/3 manufacturer coupon and $1.00/3 store coupon = $1.98
- 0.29 lbs yellow onion (Publix) @ $0.99/lb = $0.29, and got $0.25 back from Ibotta = $0.04
- 3.82 lbs bananas @ $0.59/lb = $2.25,minus $2.00 Publix store coupon = $0.25 and received $0.25 back from Ibotta so FREE
- 1 large can baked beans (Aldi) @ 1.39
- 1 lb vine tomatoes (Aldi), on sale @ $0.89/lb
- 3 Romaine hearts (Aldi) @ $1.99
- 1 cucumber (Aldi) @ $0.59
- What can I say?! I failed the "I won't buy meat in September" resolution. But it's OK, I got some good deals AND I had room in the freezer!
- 1 Rotisserie chicken (Publix) FREE with P&G promotion
- 2 medium cheese pizzas (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $2.75 = $5.49 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave so $5.39
- 1 lb bologna (Save A Lot) @ $0.99
- 3.26 lbs St Louis Ribs (Target) @ $2.49/lb = $8.12, minus 40% Cartwheel offer = $4.87
- 2 whole chickens (Target) @ $5.79 each, minus 25% Cartwheel offer, minus $1.50/1 coupon and $1.00/1 coupon = $6.18
- 2 dozens eggs (Target), on sale @ $0.79 each = $1.58 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave = $1.48
- 6.64 lbs chicken breasts (Save A Lot), on sale @ $0.99/lb = $6.58
- 1 lb Black Forest turkey (Aldi) @ $2.99
- 1 package chipotle chicken sausages (Aldi) @ $2.99
Snacks: $9.73 OOP
- I almost succeeded in completely resisting the German goodie sale at Aldi but I had to try the potato sticks. I bought them for the kids but I'm not convinced they'll love them. My daughter has been taking a long time to finish the package that she started.
- 4 candy bars (Save A Lot) on 50% clearance @ $0.49 = $1.80
- 2 bags cuernitos (RaceTrac) @ $1.67 + tax, minus BOGO RaceTrac app coupon = $1.79
- 1 package cheese danishes (Save A Lot), on 50% clearance @ $0.99
- 2 bags potato sticks (Aldi) @ $0.99 each = $1.98
- 1 package peanut butter crackers (Aldi) @ $0.89
- 1 bag tortilla chips (Aldi) @ $1.19 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave = $1.09
- 1 bag pretzel sticks (Aldi) @ $1.29 and received $0.10 back from MobiSave = $1.19
Did you get any great deals at the grocery store this week? Please link up or share your finds in the comments :)