Friday, September 9, 2016

Looks Like Your World Just Got A Little Fuzzier ~ Friday 9/9/2016


This is a very appropriate greeting card that I spotted at Publix today, lol. (although I guess that's a dog paw print so maybe not to appropriate...).


This was me this morning, trying to resist the 2 Hershey cupcakes left on the table as I wanted to celebrate that the 2 male kittens had finally pooped!  Two?  well yes, the 2nd one had officially become constipated as well. I can't tell you how relieved I felt this morning!  And come to think of it, they were "relieved" as well.  lol.

I was especially relieved because I don't know what happened last night but Greg and I fed and cuddled with the kittens at 9:45 p.m. and then we both went to sleep.  I set an alarm for 1:45 a.m. since the vet had said to wait 4 hours between feedings.  I remember getting up at 1:00 a.m. to use the bathroom and thinking that I could go back to sleep for 45 minutes... and then next thing I know, I heard my son get up and it was 8:15 a.m.  Whaaaaaat?!  I don't remember my 1:45 a.m. alarm ringing or me turning it off, I wonder if I did set it after all.  I felt terrible as I imagined their little bladders about to burst (they still don't know how to pee on their own) but they were sleeping soundly and I had to wake them up.  More about them in the Kitten Update at the bottom of this post.  I wish Blogger would provide a way for me to link to another section of the post so you don't have to scroll past all my other boring stuff, but it doesn't :)

My daughter is driving to her dad's for the weekend after her classes. They'll celebrate her birthday there and also her stepsister's birthday so she'll be having fun.

Greg spoke to his sister last night who is concerned that Hospice Care has been decided for their dad without the input of the oncologist so she wanted Greg to help her push back but his feeling is that if their dad lost 21 lbs in one week, it's a sure sign that the end is near and he'd rather not put his dad through more pointless chemo at this point.  It's hard to let someone go but you have to consider what's best for them.

It's my brother from Marseille's birthday today!  The brother closest to me in age, although he is younger than me by 2 years.  I was too young to remember when he was born, but he and I fought like cats and dogs when we were little. It's hard for me to see my little brothers getting older... he's 47 this year. Arrgh.   I sent him an email but I don't think he'll have internet access until after their Corsica vacation ends early next week.

Now that the kittens don't have to be fed as often, I'm thinking that I might surprise my BFF tomorrow and show up at her garage sale.  I won't tell her. Maybe I should go today?  Hmmm, maybe.

So what should I do to celebrate the end of the kitten pooping worries?!  I don't have any errands to run although I should go to RaceTrac to partake in Sodapalooza for the last time this week (it ends today).  I should sit outside in the backyard for a while.  I should exercise.  I should fold the laundry. I should, I should... too many things to pick from! Update: well, I didn't do any of them, lol.

To Do List
  • Crafty/Creative:
    • Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
    • Make a lightbox to take better pictures
    • Melt down old candles and make into one or two new candles - No, I've decided to just pitch them. I know it's not the frugal thing to do but I have a ton of candles to use up, still, and I really need to declutter the house. Update: I had second thoughts last night so for now they're sitting on top of my washing machine until I decide what to do with them!
    • Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two)
  • Cleaning/Decluttering:
    • Dust the bedrooms (including son's fan) - in progress
    • Declutter linen closet
    • Clean kitchen cabinets
    • Declutter the top of the fridge
    • Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
    • Declutter shelves over printer stand 
    • Declutter storage bench 
    • Dust fan in exercise room
    • Clean the fridge
    • Declutter gardening supplies chest
    • Defrost the freezer - scrapped off the top of the ice layer. Will need to defrost the whole thing.
    • Sweep breezeway
    • Vacuum living room
    • Vacuum exercise room
    • Sweep/vacuum downstairs bathroom
    • Vacuum master bedroom
    • Vacuum upstairs hallway
    • Vacuum main stairs
    • Do the dishes (Friday) 
    • Fold the laundry
    • Put the laundry away
  • Cooking/Baking/Preserving:
    • Need to preserve the eggplants
    • Bake pumpkin bread
  • Entertainment
    • Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
    • Sign up for ranger hikes in local parks
  • Errands:
    • Take items to the dump
    • Need to buy new battery for kitchen scale\
    • Exchange cat toy at Petco
  • Gardening/outdoors:
    • Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
    • Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
    • Fertilize the raspberries - I'm thinking about pulling them and putting more roses in pots in their place.
    • Add mulch to the vegetable garden - I will do this once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
    • Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
    • Divide and repot the aloe plant
    • Plant more okra
    • Trim grass behind the hedge
    • Trim weeds alongside the berm
    • Find fish emulsion and use on plants
    • Pull the rest of the dead tomato plants 
    • Plant passion flower vine seeds
    • Refill green bird feeder
    • Pour weed killer on weeds on patio
    • Harvest the peanuts
    • Refill the hummingbird feeders
    • Pull weeds from pots
    • Turn the composting bin
  • Health:
    • Call gyneco to make annual appointment - I'll do that once I'm more comfortable with my weight because I know they'll be nagging me about it anyway.
    • Use recumbent bike 
    • Do 5 min of strength exercises  
    • Log food into My Fitness Pal  Done
    • Record exercise in Walgreens Balance Rewards 
    • Weigh myself (Wednesdays) 
  • Kittens
    • Feed them every 2-3 hours- Done
    • Weigh them (5 p.m.) - Done
    • Don't forget to wash hands before and after handling them to prevent transmitting diseases to the other cats  - Done
    • Call vet - Done
  • Maintenance:
    • See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
    • Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
    • Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
    • Greg to call plumber
    • Wash the bathroom ceiling with bleached water
    • Remind Greg to re-secure chicken wire to AC unit and also to block off opening under front of the house
    • Scrub mildew off front of the house (porch, behind bushes, front stairs)
    • Install white beadboard in laundry room (will need to measure and purchase)
    • Install new stick-on tiles in laundry room (will need to remove ancient ones first)
    • Paint laundry room cabinets
    • Get Greg to fix/remove rotten wood on front porch
    • Make a list of which outlets need to be replaced and call Duke Energy Homewire Protection to schedule appointment
    • Ask electrician for estimate on installing outlet on front porch
    • Ask Greg to make me new tiled table for electric roaster on front porch
    • Get on flat roof, sweep it, and clean out the front gutter
    • Ask Greg to install gutter screens on the front gutter
    • Have Greg block the opening in the back fence
    • Fix the fan in my room with electric tape
    • Pour bleach into furnace drain pipe
    • Check the AC furnace filters
  • Technology/Paperwork:
    • Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
    • Scan more old pictures
    • Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
    • Figure out if we should contribute to regular  or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
    • Download all blog photos from June through August to my external drive
    • Back up my external drive to my other external drive
    • File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
    • Purge filing cabinet upstairs
    • File paperwork
    • Write new letter to great grand aunt
    • Remove daughter's pc from her room and decide what to do with it
    • Go through the genealogical material crate
    • Shred what needs to be shredded
    • Scan what needs to be scanned (if anything)
    • Work on photo album for daughter's graduation
    • Return solar batteries to Amazon (printed label)
    • Reply to my French BFF's email
    • Call bank and have them remove me from daughter's account
    • Input receipts in spreadsheets

FRUGAL SUCCESSES
  • This morning I drank the free hazelnut-flavored coffee that my daughter got for me from RaceTrac yesterday. As usual, it's bitter.  But it's free.

  • My son packed a lunch to take to school and rode the school bus. Yay!

  • I packed leftovers for Greg to take to work.

  • Greg stopped by RaceTrac on his way to work to get his free Sodapalooza refill of Diet Dr. Pepper and will stop at another RaceTrac on his way home tonight to do the same.

  • Redbox sent me a Rent 1, Get 1 Free code, which means that I should be able to rent just one movie for free if that trick still work.  I think I'll rent this movie: Key and Peele and a kitten?  That already sounds funny to me.  I'm pretty sure my son will want to watch it too.  Family Movie Night!  Update: well crap, Redbox fixed their system so you can no longer use a R1G1F code to get just 1 movie for free.  So I'll wait until it's on  Netflix.

  • I put the last season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on hold at the library.  I just got started with Season 9 but I think it'll go fast because I just can't stand the cast this season: it's become the Jeff Goldblum show, Vincent d'Onofrio and Katherine Ebe had left the series that season, but thankfully they are returning for Season 10 and everyone from Season 9 is getting fired at the end of the season because their ratings went down the toilet, according to Wikipedia.  I "watched" the 1st episode last night... well, I had it on and didn't pay attention to it at all, that's how bad and uninteresting it was.  So I have a feeling I'll be skipping through most of Season 9. Also, those Law & Order series need to stop hiring the same character actors over and over again to play the killer (different killers!) in their series.  One of the actors today has played, to date 2 or 3 different killers on SVU and at least 2 killers on CI. It kills any suspense at all!

  • I checked the library catalog and they do have 4 seasons of Homeland, so I'll put those on hold next.  But I want to catch up on "The Americans" first.

  • I took a RaceTrac survey and earned a survey reward code for a freebie. Woo!

  • I saw that I had reached my 1st daily goal in Swagbucks today without doing anything. How? Like this:

  • Since the kittens had pooped and had fallen asleep and the vet wants me to increase the interval between feedings, I decided to go surprise my BFF at her garage sale and spend some time with her.  I also ran some errands while I was out.
    • I stopped by RaceTrac and got myself and my son free Sodapalooza refills (his is a lemonade so it wasn't going to get flat) and I also redeemed a survey reward code. I realized, while looking at the baked goods display, that I had forgotten to eat breakfast before leaving the house, so I redeemed the code for a free blueberry muffin for myself.
I didn't take a picture of the muffin.
    • I stopped by Save A Lot to see if they had any discounted goods today but the only thing I saw were canby bars (Snickers Crispers and Peppermint Patties for $0.45) so I left them there.

    • While I was driving, Greg texted me that his sister had developed pre-eclampsia and was scheduled for a C-section later on today. She's about a month away from her due date. Update: apparently the OBGYN decided to induce her instead of doing a C-section. Keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well.

    • I drove to my BFF's and surprised her. She was so happy that I had come!  Her garage sale was amazingly well organized, she had borrowed clothes racks from her dance mom friends and had  tables, and signs and drinks in a cooler too. She had a lot of traffic and had already made over $70 before I got there.  We had a good time chatting with each other and the people who were shopping.  There was nothing for me to buy, though. Oh well.  I stayed for an hour and then I had to head back.

    • On my way home, I decided to stop by Dollar Tree.
      • I got a couple of greeting cards.
      • As usual, I checked the food section and today they did have the cherry pie filling so I bought a couple of cans of that.
      • I also picked up some car air fresheners for my daughter's Christmas stocking, 
      • and a pack of plastic baby spoons and forks. I just needed 1 spoon for the kittens (I was afraid my metal measuring 1/4 teaspoon would cut their mouths) but they didn't sell just one. Oh well, I'll donate the rest to the thriftstore. 
      • I paid for the $5.21 OOP with my USAA Visa card for 10% back in Rewards.

    • Then I stopped by RaceTrac in Clermont to gas up my SUV for $2.13/gallons. 
      • I earned 6 loyalty points on my app and gained another receipt with which I will get a freebie. 
      • I paid with my USAA Visa card for 10% back in Rewards. 
      • I also got another free Sodapalooza refill for myself and redeemed a survey reward code for a free apple fritter for my son's after-school snack.

    • My next stop was Publix:
      • I had hoped to get the "Keanu" movie from Redbox but they only had the Blu-Ray.
      • I decided to take advantage of the P&G promotion this week whereby you get a free rotisserie chicken with the purchase of 3 specific P&G products. 
        • I bought a 6-pack of  Pick Your Size Bounty paper towels, on sale for $6.99 and I used a $1.00/1 store coupon and a $1.00 digital manufacturer coupon to get them for $4.99. woohoo. Bounty is my favorite brand of paper towels and I need them for the kittens (pee pads). I'm not sure the Aldi brand is soft enough for their little private parts.  
        • I also got 4 Febreeze small spaces room deodorizers. They were on sale for $3.00 each and I had 2 BOGO coupons, woohoo.  So I got them for $1.50 each.  But wait, I just realized that a digital $1.00 coupon for the Febreeze also got deducted. So I got them for $1.25 each :)
        • This qualified me to get the free rotisserie chicken (value $7.39).  I picked the barbecue flavor and that's what we'll have for dinner.  I'll make mashed potatoes to go with it.
        • My OOP was $11.32 and I paid with my USAA Visa card for 10% back in Rewards.

    • I still had time before the kittens had to be fed so I went to Tractor Supply Co to buy the kitten climbing toy that I had spotted there.  It's too big for them now but they'll be playing with it before long. It was definitely a splurge. I did pay for it with my USAA Visa card for 10% back in Rewards.

    • Finally, I drove a little ways past my house to another Redbox kiosk to see if they had the Keanu movie on DVD. They did, but the box rejected my R1G1F code since I only had 1 disc in my basket. I didn't want to pay to see it or see anything else, so we'll wait until it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

  • In the Publix parking lot, the crepe myrtles have finished blooming for the most part and those seed pods are hanging from them so I collected 3 dry one to see if i might be able to grow my own crepe myrtles.

  • My lunch (eaten after I fed the kittens and cuddled with them and made more kitten magic potion) was leftover chicken and broccoli from last night. Since there wasn't a lot of chicken, I also made an egg salad sandwich and used 2 slices of Dave's Killer Bread (free at Publix a few days ago), and half a papaya ($0.69/lb at Save A Lot earlier this week).

  • I checked the various apps for available rebates on today's purchases... but nothing was available :(


  • I printed a few coupons from Swagbucks. I always mark those with a little "SB" in pencil so I know which coupons to redeem first (each redeemed coupon is worth 10 SB).

  • I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits,

  • I did a couple of Swagbucks activities and reached my 2nd Daily Goal.  

  • I preregistered for next week's Swagbucks Team Challenge. I'll be on the Merry Go Rounders team. Alison?  Mia? Anyone else?  We need to earn at least 400 team points to qualify for whatever Swag-up Award our team wins.

  • I previewed next week's ads for Walgreens and CVS and made a note of what I would like to buy. I'll be getting 2 items for my sons' Christmas stockings: deodorant and razors.

  • I redeemed 3,400 KFR points to get (4) $1.00/1 any Kellogg's cereal coupons.  I will use them to buy Special K from CVS next week.

  • I harvested 5 good-size sweet potatoes today.  The vine is growing mostly where I have a weed barrier so it put down lots of tiny roots but no potatoes are growing there yet.

  • I used the last few remaining Klondike Gold potatoes and several red potatoes that I had bought Wednesday at Aldi to make mashed potatoes for dinner.  We had them with the rotisserie chicken from Publix, which was delicious but very small so it barely fed the three of us and only the tiny wings are left over.

  • A poster on Slickdeals claims that the  Dunkin Donuts app will have the following coupons available at the end of the month.... I couldn't find any corroboration anywhere, though, so it might be a local deal?

/

  • If you're a Staples Rewards member and you get your Rewards via email, you should have received an email yesterday entitled "You have $xx.xx in rewards to spend. Open now!".  Somewhere in the email, there is a red banner that you need to click to print a BONUS $5 Rewards!

If you receive your Staples Rewards via snail mail, like me, it should come in the mail between 9/20 and 9/24.  However, you can print it right now by logging in to your Staples Rewards account!  Woohoo! (and you can also print the regular rewards that they'll mail you, just remember that the snail mail copy will be a duplicate, you won't be able to redeem both the printer AND the mailed rewards.)




SPLURGES
  • A kitty climbing toy from Tractor Supply Co.  A little pricey for something that won't be used very long, but it was the only place that actually sold something small enough for kittens and I couldn't resist!  ($16.99)

  • Gas to drive to my BFF's house (30 minutes away) and back and then run errands.

  • Gas for my daughter to drive to her classes and then home again.

  • Gas and tolls for my daughter to drive to her dad's for the weekend.

FAILURES
  • Of course Publix would have a baby event this weekend and would put out a $1.00 store coupon for the Gerber baby formula that I bought yesterday that's only valid starting tomorrow.  Arrgh!

  • Looking through Ibotta for rebates, I realized that there was a rebate available for L'Occitane that I could have redeemed a couple of weeks ago when my daughter and I made purchases there, but you had to upload your receipt within 7 days of your purchase. Arrgh. There is one for Sally's Beauty, I have to see if my daughter spent $20 there this past week for her hair stuff. If so, I'll redeem the rebate and give her the cash.  Update: I asked her and she said she didn't spend $20.

  • I tried printing Publix store coupons from the Best Meals at Home email that I received from 2 different browsers and each time, their software told me that I was not authorized to print those coupons?! Anyone else having that problem?  I tried Firefox and Chrome. Update: it looks like a bunch of people commenting on IHeartPublix are having the same problem so it's not just me.

  • The 2 bags of Klondike Gold potatoes that I had bought on sale a couple of weeks ago at Save A Lot were a failure.. I had to compost so many of those potatoes!  The worst about it is that unlike other potatoes, they never actually rotted on the outside. They developed gas bubbles under their skin and then started stinking very badly. I probably composted the equivalent of one full 5 lb bag!

CHORES
  • Kitten duty
  • Cooked Greg's breakfast
  • Packed his lunch
  • Fed Dark Grey kitten again and walked him around because he was being fussy
  • Made the kittens pee and poop, hooray!
  • Texted my son with an update and celebrated with Greg :)
  • Put DVDs on hold at the library
  • Called the vet's office to give them an update
  • Took a Customer Satisfaction survey
  • Texted my BFF
  • Went to spend time with my BFF at her garage sale
  • Ran errands
  • Kitty duty
  • Researched rebates
  • Posted videos and photos of the kittens to Instagram
  • Chatted with my daughter
  • Took a Customer Satisfaction survey
  • Changed the towel in the kitty playpen
  • Taught my son how to renew a library book online
  • Printed some coupons
  • Had a long chat with my cat-finding neighbor
  • Worked on shopping list
  • Ordered coupons and printed them
  • Cooked dinner
  • Kitten duty
  • And kitten duty again they woke up for seconds

HEALTH
  • I'm in a slump. I didn't exercise again and then I haven't log in my food yet. It's 8:04 p.m. But I did input it later on and I didn't go over my calories, woohoo!

GRATITUDE
  • You wouldn't believe how happy I was that the kittens pooped this morning!
  • For the opportunity to visit with my BFF this morning
  • For my smart husband who figured out how to take the battery out of my kitchen scale when I was frustrated because I couldn't figure it out, lol.
  • For a sleepy kitten falling asleep on me :)
  • For my daughter arriving safely at her dad's house

KITTEN UPDATE
Have I mentioned that they pooped?  Wanna see pictures? Ok, I'll spare you.  But the striped kitten had a HUGE poop.  Yay!

The dark grey kitten had a hard time settling down after feeding this morning (he pooped a short while later) so I walked around the house with him on my shoulder, purring and nibbling my neck.  We went to visit the adult cats. No change there... the females are hostile (an incredible amount of spitting, even from New Kitty who has been a mother herself. So much for the heartwarming story of kittens being nurtured by an older, unrelated female cat!). Male cat sniffed it but backs away.  He's such a good cat, though. No spitting at all. Last night, he came into the living room and went to sniff the playpen.  I wish he would come when the kittens are awake so he could observe them. Usually he goes to lay down on Greg's lap for the evening but last night he just sniffed at the playpen and then left.  I think it's a good sign that he was coming to check up on them, lol. Or maybe he wanted a little snack. Hard to tell, with cats.

The playpen is working very well.  The female kitten looked like she might be climbing one of the sides this morning as I had her brothers on the couch to feed them and she was left by herself in the playpen and was crying out (she can see me from the playpen) but her little butt never left the floor. Good. I'm not ready for them to be escaping from there just yet!  Their box is in the playpen, with the cut away no longer blocked. I put a bath towel in front of it so it acts as a stepping area for them to go in and out of the box. Sometimes they sleep in the box (I have a towel over it so it gets a little warmer in the box and it's darker too) and sometimes they just sleep in the open.  I have another towel lining the playpen.  I play classical music and light a scented candle so they can be as relaxed and pampered as possible :)

I was looking forward to a quiet afternoon while the kittens slept but my daughter barged into the living room and woke them up and then proceeded to play with them... arrgh. So I'm letting them practice their walking skills in the playpen for a bit. That can only be good for their bowel function (yes, still thinking about kitty poop!).  They were awake for about an hour and then slept until I woke them up to feed them at about 7:30 p.m.

My kitchen scale battery died (I bought the scale back in 2013 so the scale worked for a long time, although I didn't use the scale very often) so I couldn't weigh them tonight.

At dinner time, I was emptying the composting bin into the larger one when I could have sworn I heard kitten cries!  I went to investigate but didn't see anything.  I was really hoping that I wouldn't, lol.

Awww, look who fell asleep on my bosom tonight!


No, no, this isn't pee on my pants... it was formula. I forgot to put a towel on my lap before feeding them.

So, so funny!!!

Were you very productive today, unlike me?

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you were quite productive, Nathalie, doing kitten duty, going to visit your friend, doing some shopping and running errands, harvesting sweet potatoes from your garden, making dinner, etc. Compared to that, I just went to two medical appointments and did some office work. Hope you have a fine weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to be productive when you're stuck at the doctor's office for HOURS like you were. It's tiring too, even without the treatment that you underwent. I didn't feel productive because I actively avoided to do any housework or exercise. All the other stuff that I did felt fun, not like work, lol. Maybe I'm too hard on myself. But then I look at the laundry pile that I washed on Tuesday and that I still haven't folded and I'm thinking that I'm not hard on myself enough!

      Have a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  2. You have a full time job caring for those kittens and you're doing it very well. Keep up the good work and if anyone wants laundry before it's folded, I bet they can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's only Greg and my laundry but it's really easier for everyone when it's not in 3 or 4 laundry baskets piled up in the living room. I just need to take 30 minutes to fold it while watching TV or something. It just keeps slipping my mind. Funny how that works...

      Delete
  3. Rotten potatoes are the worst. They really seem to not keep very long down here so I've tried to adjust by buying the smaller bags, but that is HARD when I see the better deals for the larger bags.

    So glad the kittens aren't constipated anymore! When our cats were kittens I read up on kitten care and worried about that, but luckily we also had the mama cat (we rescued her one day before she gave birth to the kittens...we hadn't realized she was pregnant until suddenly she was amenable to our overtures) and she did a good job of taking care of her babies. In my experience, female cats are much more territorial than male cats. They should settle down a little bit once the kittens are older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, that is really useful! I have hope for New Kitty because she's pretty social. But Mean Kitty... she's just set in her nasty ways. She still hisses at New Kitty and it's been almost 9 months now! But they can be in the same room, usually.

      The kittens are back to being constipated! It never ends...

      Delete
  4. What a lovely surprise for your friend, showing up during her yard sale. How did she make out with it at the end of the day? I started scrap booking with Creative Memories. I loved their cutting tools. I probably have the software that you mentioned already installed on my desktop. It is too bad they went belly up, because I really liked their stuff.

    You also did well with your errands on the way home. Hmmm! Cherry pie. Boo! End of sodapalooza again. Free rotisserie chicken for supper just for picking up some supplies on the way home? You have horse shoes coming out your butt.

    When Tara asks us how we prepared for Christmas this week, you are going to have more accomplished than me, even though you said you don't plan so early. You have picked up quite a few stocking stuffers this week.....razors and deodorant for your son and something for your daughter. I just forget right now what it was, but I remember you said you were setting it aside for her stocking. Way to go.

    Looks like you will be busy with Swag bucks this week, as you always seem to apply yourself just a little bit harder for the team challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said she made $160 over the two days. I think she could have made more but she's kind and said "yes" to whatever price people were offering even though prices were clearly marked and were cheap. Still, I never made $160 in any of the garage sales that I ever held. More like $20, lol.

      I had no idea Creative Memories went belly up! Everybody seemed to be a member! They had a store at the mall! OK, we're talking 13-15 years ago but still...

      I checked my butt and didn't see any horseshoes. LOL. OK, I asked Greg what it meant and he had never heard of the expression either and we laughed. Oh you, Canadians! Always with the joke!

      I haven't gotten the razors or deodorant yet, I should get those this week. But it's really all the preparations that I'm doing: stockings. The main presents will be cash for everyone save for my youngest son who wants a Go Pro and I told him to just do the research and send me the link to the one he wants, lol. I see almost no gift wrapping in my future, which actually... makes me very happy.

      We'll see about Swagbucks. I did earn a few today because I wanted to make the 400 team points necessary to receive the award at the end of the week. But I have to spread my grocery shopping over several days again because of the kittens so I don't think I'll have the time to work on SB so much. You're right, though, I tend to earn more during the challenges because there are more opportunities to earn. I had a lot more surveys available to me today then I did yesterday!

      Delete
  5. Knowing myself, I would have so eaten both cupcakes to celebrate kitty poop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought did cross my mind, I won't lie...

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!