Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Shopping Day, Part 2 ~ Wednesday, 9/21/16


Hello lovely people, I start writing this post at 4 p.m. today!  Last night and this morning are a blurr.

I fed the kittens at 7:30 p.m. last night and then they fell asleep until 5 a.m. this morning!

I was exhausted last night, couldn't keep my eyes open, and fell asleep at 10 p.m.  The Chinese food gave me a headache, which I realized I had this morning when I woke up.  The kittens are getting a little more challenging so I was a little frustrated with them for the first time. And then I felt really bad about feeling frustrated because they're babies and they're hungry so of course they're going to be demanding, lol.  I did a load of kitty laundry last night, so I put it in the dryer at 5:15 a.m. and then put my bedding in the wash.

I heard my son get up and got up to tell him good morning and have a nice day at school, and went right back to sleep, lol.  This time, I slept until about 8:30 ish. I threw the bedding in the dryer, brewed coffee, had breakfast, chatted with my daughter before she left for her class and then fed the kittens again.  Shower, and I was almost out of the door for the 2nd part of my grocery shopping when Greg texted me.  His sister confirms that his dad is deteriorating rapidly and thinks he should go to Columbus next week.  So later today, he booked himself on a non-stop flight on Sunday morning.  My poor honey, he's already exhausted because he's not sleeping well (jet lag and anxiety about his dad), has business dinners every night until late, and now will only have Saturday to rest before he has to leave again and then be gone to be with his parents for who knows how long.  We're buying a one-way only ticket again.

So the thought of a dinner cruise tonight that is on his schedule isn't particularly appealing.

So I left for my shopping trip and was flying through it, since I didn't need much at each store, but then I hit Publix and that took me longer because I wasn't organized for Publix at all and I was trying to coordinate sales, coupons and 4 different rebate apps.  Still, I left my house at about 10:30 a.m. and I was back by 12:30 p.m.  In the meantime, my BFF had texted me to ask about my interview yesterday so I called her back and we chatted for a while.

My daughter and I chatted some more when I got back since she was back from her class. She didn't stop by the phone repair place that I recommended because she can't afford the repair anyway.  I was really tempted to tell her I would pay for it but the fact is, she has a long history of breaking expensive electronics either by accident or negligence and she just needs to learn to be more careful. Yes, shit happens, and it happened to me when my phone fell and shattered. But then she needs to get a job and earn the money to get it fixed. In the meantime, she's back to using her iPhone 4 and I lent her my charging cable again.

Then my son came home from school and the 2 kids helped me care for the kittens while I fed them and then played with them.

The rest of my afternoon was spent submitting rebates and entering receipts in my spreadsheets. Nothing terribly exciting. Since Greg isn't here, I was able to put a DVD of Law & Order on the TV and I tried to follow while I was working on the laptop.

My son left to attend his Teen Programming at the library. Today he is walking there so he can stop by the park and use the swings for a while.

Oh, I received 2 packages today: my Boxed.com order and the items I ordered from a catalog (Christmas presents, Greg's birthday present and other stuff).  Unlike Sandie, I didn't receive anything for free in my Boxed.com order (probably because I took advantage of a $15 off discount!) but there was a nice handwritten thank you note in there.  The other package contained, among others, the fake birch log-shaped tea candle holder that I'm planning on putting in my fireplace this winter.  It's much smaller than I imagine and looks terrible, but behind the glass windows of the fireplace screen, it probably won't matter.

Not much crossed off my To Do List today. Shopping Days tend to take over my whole day when they happen!

To Do List:
  • Crafty/Creative:
    • Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
    • Make a lightbox to take better pictures
    • Melt down old candles and make into new ones
    • Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two)
  • Cleaning/Decluttering:
    • Dust the bedrooms (including son's fan) - in progress
    • Declutter linen closet
    • Clean kitchen cabinets - Partly done
    • Declutter the top of the fridge
    • Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
    • Declutter shelves over printer stand 
    • Declutter storage bench 
    • Clean the fridge
    • Declutter gardening supplies chest
    • Defrost the freezer - scrapped off the top of the ice layer. Will need to defrost the whole thing.
    • Vacuum living room carpet 
    • Sweep/vacuum downstairs bathroom
    • Vacuum master bedroom
    • Vacuum upstairs hallway
    • Vacuum main stairs
    • Do the dishes (Tuesday) 
    • Fold the laundry
    • Put the laundry away
    • Wash my bedding - Done
    • Clean window over the kitchen sink
    • Clean sliding door windows
    • Clean entry room front windows
    • Put up pictures on Art Room's walls
    • Bring recycling bins back up My daughter did it
  • Cooking/Baking/Preserving:
    • Redo the menu 
  • Entertainment
    • Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
    • Sign up for ranger hikes in local parks
  • Errands:
    • Take items to the dump
    • Shopping Day Part 2: SAL, Aldi, Target, CVS, Publix  - Done
  • Gardening/outdoors:
    • Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
    • Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
    • Pull the raspberries and add roses in pots in their place
    • Add mulch to the vegetable garden once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
    • Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
    • Divide and repot the aloe plant
    • Pull the rest of the dead tomato plants 
    • Pull weeds off stone path
    • Plant passion flower vine seeds
    • Refill green bird feeder
    • Refill the hummingbird feeders
    • Grease poles with Vaseline
    • Pull weeds from pots - Partly Done
    • Turn the composting bin
  • Health:
    • Call gyneco to make annual appointment - I'll do that once I'm more comfortable with my weight because I know they'll be nagging me about it anyway.
    • Use recumbent bike 
    • Do 5 min of strength exercises  
    • Log food into My Fitness Pal 
    • Record exercise in Walgreens Balance Rewards
    • Weigh myself (Wednesdays)
  • Kittens
    • Feed them every 4-6 hours- Done
    • Weigh them (5 p.m.) - Done
  • Maintenance:
    • See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
    • Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
    • Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
    • Greg to call plumber
    • Wash the bathroom ceiling with bleached water
    • Remind Greg to re-secure chicken wire to AC unit and also to block off opening under front of the house
    • Scrub mildew off front of the house (porch, behind bushes, front stairs)
    • Install white beadboard in laundry room (will need to measure and purchase)
    • Install new stick-on tiles in laundry room (will need to remove ancient ones first)
    • Paint laundry room cabinets
    • Get Greg to fix/remove rotten wood on front porch
    • Make a list of which outlets need to be replaced and call Duke Energy Homewire Protection to schedule appointment
    • Ask electrician for estimate on installing outlet on front porch
    • Ask Greg to make me new tiled table for electric roaster on front porch
    • Get on flat roof, sweep it, and clean out the front gutter
    • Ask Greg to install gutter screens on the front gutter
    • Have Greg block the opening in the back fence
    • Mend my fanny pack!
  • Technology/Paperwork:
    • Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
    • Scan more old pictures
    • Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
    • Figure out if we should contribute to regular  or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
    • Download all blog photos from June through August to my external drive
    • Back up my external drive to my other external drive
    • File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
    • Purge filing cabinet upstairs
    • File paperwork
    • Write new letter to great grand aunt (include kitten photos)
    • Go through the genealogical material crate
    • Scan what needs to be scanned (if anything)
    • Work on photo album for daughter's graduation
    • Fill out FAFSA for daughter (October 1st)
    • Reply to my French BFF's email
    • Write and mail get well card
    • Install Firefox on son's PC and print avocado coupon via Swagbucks
    • Input new receipts into spreadsheet - in progress
    • Call my mom this week
    • Write Grocery Shopping Post
    • Work on remaining shopping list - Done

FRUGAL SUCCESSES
  • I brewed my morning pot of half decaf coffee with the free decaf coffee won from Wawa.

  • My son packed a lunch to take to school and rode the bus.

  • I washed my bedding in cold/cold but I did use the dryer (on the Auto Moisture Sensing setting).

  • I looked at the new weekly ads for Aldi and Save A Lot online prior to going shopping.

  • Greg and I have been texting exclusively during this trip since he has unlimited texts on the plan that we purchased (calls would cost us $1.00 per minute).

  • I brought my coffee in a travel mug and a pack of peanut butter crackers along on my shopping trip:
    • Save A Lot:
      • I went to purchase grapes (on sale for $0.99/lb) but ended up also picking up bananas on clearance ($0.29/lb) because I'll bake some banana bread for a change, mangoes at 50 cents each, and 2 pineapples reduced at $0.99 each. I will dehydrate them for use in my morning cereal when berries are too expensive this winter. Plus I will root the heads :)
      • They didn't get any pumpkins nor any butternut squash.
      • My OOP was $7.60 and I paid with USAA Visa (10% back)
    • Aldi:
      • I found the cantina tortilla chips that I liked so much. It definitely was a "limited time" item and now at the end cap so I new they'd be gone very soon. I grabbed 6 bags.  I put back the $1.99 bag of pumpkin seed tortillas that I had grabbed for Greg because he really likes those.  I think they were cheaper last year, anyway.
      • I only bought 1 cucumber because it was on sale at $0.29.
      • I got bread, decaf instant coffee, yogurt and turkey. I should have left the yogurt (we still have the Activia that I got for cheap at Publix last week) and the turkey (because I just bought Cajun turkey at Walmart on Monday).  I froze the Black Forest Turkey when I got home. It's back to $3.49 a package now :(
      • At the register, I spotted cans of herring fillets from Germany, in fruit sauces so I bought 2 different kinds to try them.
      • My OOP was $20.33 and I paid with USAA Visa (10% back) and I will get $0.10 back on the tortilla chips from MobiSave.

      • Returning to my car, I found 3 pennies on the ground! They were added to my 2016 Spare Change Jar.

    • Target:
      • All I needed was raspberries and that's all I got: four containers of Driscoll's raspberries on sale at $2.50 each and I used the 20% Cartwheel offer and my $1.00/1 coupons to get them for $1.00 each. I had to point out to the cashier that I had brought my bag for her to give me the 5 cent discount. She was one of those that seemed put out of joint that I was getting the raspberries so cheap and she really looked at my coupons closely before scanning them.  I want to smack people like this, seriously. She was polite but definitely not friendly. Perhaps Target ought to look at the kind of people they hire as cashiers because that's definitely not an asset.

    • CVS:
      • I thought I'd skip buying eggs since I still have 2 dozens in the fridge, but I wanted to use my ECBs and the eggs didn't expire until 10/16 so I bought 2 dozens (on sale at $0.99 each). I also bought the package of Black Forest organic gummy worms at $1.50 and received $1.50 back in ExtraCare Bucks. 
      • After redeeming $3.00 in ECBs, my OOP was $0.59 but it was all free to me as I paid with my CVS gift card that I earned via our American Express Rewards program.  I will get $0.25 back on the eggs from Ibotta and $0.10 from MobiSave too (moneymaker!)
      • I also picked up my free 8 x 10 reprint.

    • Publix:
      • I  hadn't planned on going there but I remembered that I had a coupon for a free GoVeggie product and MobiSave and Ibotta both had rebates on those too.  I picked the Parmesan-style shredded lactose free "cheese" at $5.49. It was free after coupon and I will get $1.00 back from Ibotta and a $1.00 back from MobiSave too!  So a $2.00 moneymaker.
      • I bought 4 more boxes of Ronzoni pasta on BOGO, which allowed me to use a $2.00 produce store coupon that expired today.  I decided to purchase a butternut squash, which cost me $0.37 after coupon, woohoo!
      • The Bush Cocina Latina beans were on BOGO.  I thought they were the ones that Sandie from SavingMoneyinNewHavenCounty had reviewed them recently and liked a lot, but she had reviewed their Sriracha beans, oops.  Still, I love Bush's beans and I had a $0.55/2 store coupon and a a $1.00/2 manufacturer coupon so I got 2 cans for just $0.14 total!  There is a SavingStar offer for $3.00 off $12 in Bush beans. So I will submit my receipt to receive a partial credit towards that offer.
      • The Celestial Tea was also on BOGO.  I have tea, but I really liked the caffeine free peach tree from the sampler boxes that I recently used to make refrigerator iced tea so I bought 2 boxes of the peach tea.  I had a couple of $1.00/1 coupons so I got both boxes for just $1.19 total.
      • Lastly, I just bit the bullet and bought 2 large bottles (16 oz) of Finish Jet Dry rinse aid. I've tried other cheaper brands and my glasses and cups still came out filmy (we have very hard water).  They were on BOGO at $7.09 and I had (2) $0.55/1 coupons so that helped a little.
      • My OOP was $11.36 and I paid with USAA Visa for 10% back.  The Finish Jet Dry won't be included in my grocery budget.

    • I skipped getting freebies from RaceTrac because I have all the baked goods that I got on clearance on Monday.

  • After I documented everything and put everything away, I ate my lunch: the rest of the Chinese food from last night (there was only a little left), some of the broth left from the jalapeƱo soup, and I made myself  turkey sandwich with some of the Cajun turkey and French bread, both bought at 50% off from Walmart on Monday.

  • I submitted rebates to MobiSave, Ibotta and SavingStar.

  • Speaking of MobiSave, I have an offer for a free container of Goya gazpacho.  Publix has a lot of Goya products, but not that one. I'll have to check the other stores.

  • I entered all my receipts for the week in my spreadsheets. This helps me see how much I spent in each category per month and also helps balance my checkbook. It's time consuming but the information derived from those is very helpful to me.  I watched several episodes of Law & Order while doing this, from DVDs borrowed from the library.


  • MobiSave refunded me $0.20. The $1.00 for the JustVeggie cheese is still pending.




  • Ibotta refunded me the $1.25 that I had claimed.



  • I put Season 2 of Law & Order on hold at the library.

  • My son walked to the library for his Teen Programming meeting. He returned the umbrella that they had lent him, and I asked him to check the donation pile for any coupon inserts, but he forgot to.

  • My daughter gave me a Coke product bottle cap :)

  • Dinner is going to be the 2nd pepperoni pizza that I had bought at 50% off on Monday.  I'll make a salad to go with it.

  • Steak'n Shake sent me a coupon for a BOGO Fall-themed shake.

  • I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits and a few Swagbucks.

  • I earned 10 Balance Rewards points by entering my new weight into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices.




SPLURGES
  • Gas for my daughter to drive to her classes and for me to run my errands.

  • Hot water to wash the kitten laundry and dryer to dry it.

  • A one-way ticket for Greg to go to his parents on Sunday. Pricey but we'll get 10% back with USAA Visa and it's a necessary expense.


FAILURES
  • SavingStar denied my 20% off the avocados that I submitted on Monday because they said my purchase didn't qualify. I appealed, pointing out that even though the Walmart receipt didn't print very well, you could still clearly see that it said "Avocado" and "2 at 1 for $0.98" so they had all the information that they needed to grant me the rebate. Hopefully, I will hear back from them.


CHORES
  • Kitten duty
  • Did a load of kitten laundry
  • Washed my bedding
  • Kitten duty
  • Texted with Greg
  • Did grocery shopping
  • Talked to my BFF on the phone
  • Documented trip and put everything away
  • Kitten duty with my daughter and son
  • Submitted receipts for rebates
  • Input receipts in my spreadsheets
  • Put a DVD on hold at the library
  • Texted with Greg
  • Confirmed lunch tomorrow with a friend
  • Cooked dinner
  • Kitten duty with son
  • Earned loyalty points
  • Texted with Greg

HEALTH
  • I weighed myself this morning at 5 a.m. and found out I had lost 0.8 lb for a total of 10 lbs lost since I started paying attention to what I eat and exercising a little.  Woohoo!  I didn't expect to have lost anything this week so this was a nice surprise.  

  • My new goal is to have lost 15 lbs total by Christmas.

GRATITUDE
  • For losing a little bit of weight this week, despite not logging in my food and not exercising.
  • For a caring friend who wanted to know how my interview went!
  • For my kids' help with dealing with the kittens
  • For great readers who always leave me the nicest and most interesting comments!

KITTENS
A big THANK YOU to Susan for leaving me a comment with lots of advice on weaning the kittens. So helpful and exactly what I needed, thankyouthankyouthankyou!

The kittens slept for 10 hours last night!  I was tired and had a headache when they woke up, but the comment from the vet about kittens being hypoglycemic woke me up and I was worried that if I didn't get to them fast enough, they'd go into convulsions or something!  Princess Poopy Bottom was the one out chirping so I took her with me into the kitchen to get the food ready.   Male Cat was awake but was lying on his chair pillow in front of the kitchen, so I put her on the pillow next to him. He had this look on his face like "What are you doing to me?! What is this?! Ewww, it stinks!" but didn't move, even when she carefully came to nozzle his side. Awww. I wanted to take a picture but i had left my phone in the living room so I took the kitten back and went to get the phone and try again, but this time, he wouldn't cooperate and jumped off the cushion as soon as I put the kitten down. So no picture of the two of them. Poop.

Well, they were kind of frantic by the time food was ready, which made it very challenging to feed them because they're all crying at the same time, the two that I'm not feeding are climbing up the playpen (they reach the top now, it won't be long until they drop on the other side!), and the one I'm trying to feed doesn't want to wait and doesn't stay in place. So there's cereal all over, they're stepping in it, and I'm frustrated, lol.  I didn't want them to wake up my son so I took all three of them on the couch next to me. Princess Poopy Bottom is good and just sits on a pillow and watches me, but Dark Explorer will not take "No" for an answer and repeatedly climbs into my lap as I'm trying to feed Tabby Kitty. As soon as I remove him and put on back on the couch, he's back at it. Aaarrgh.  As I said at the top of the post, I got a little frustrated and then I felt very bad, because of course they're all starving!  It's my fault, I should have woken them up at 1 a.m.!  Then I didn't really want to cuddle because I was still very tired and I had a headache so I put them back into their playpen and went to start a load of kitten laundry. When I came back from the laundry room,  Tabby Kitty had fallen asleep in the "bedroom" (the cardboard box that's lined with a thick bath towel and covered with another so it's nice and dark in there and a little warmer too) while the other two were cuddled next to the box. I was afraid they'd be chilly so I covered them with a small towel, which woke them up so they started chirping, but I turned off all the lights and they went back to sleep.

When I got up at 6:30 a.m. to greet my son, Dark Explorer had crawled back into the bedroom with Tabby Kitty and Princess Poopy Bottom was asleep by herself on top of the towel. She looked comfortable so I went back to sleep too.

Early this morning
Once we were all up for good, I fed them cereal. Princess PB is very good at licking the spoon and this afternoon I presented her the small saucer with the cereal in it and she ate from it without any trouble. I haven't tried presenting her with water yet, but the water bowl is still in the playpen. I gave them each 2 to 3 tsp of formula, still in the eye dropper. Tabby Kitty was also good at eating from the small saucer, but he kept putting his paws in it.  Dark Explorer just kept on biting the side of the bowl (!) and walking into it, so I mostly spoon fed him.

She's so good!

The kids helped me this afternoon. They loooove playing with the kittens and had a great time.  The litterbox has been used, once this morning and at least once while I was shopping, for pee only. However, I'm not sure which kitten used it. It's either Princess PB or Dark Explorer, though. Tabby Kitten pees a lot on the paper towels when I coax him. No poop today so far.  I've been giving them the infant gas drops, I probably should start buying them 2 bottles at a time!

Pay no attention to my dirty carpet.  I haven't been able to vacuum since we got the kittens
because they're always sleeping!  However, today I got a big box with one of my orders so I will
put them in the box in another room tomorrow and vacuum my living room!

Such a perfect little kitten!


At some point in our playing, New Kitty showed up and came to sniff one kitten. She hissed quite a bit but didn't do anything else than walk away. She'll come around.  She only comes to the living room when my son is there because she's actually looking for him.

She's pretending not to notice the kitten.  Later on, she came closer and hissed a lot. Princess
Poopy Bottom had her back all rounded and the hair standing up on end, poor little thing.  I think
that tomorrow I might move the playpen into the Cat Room to start socializing them all for more
than a couple of minutes here and there...
Male Cat and New Kitty were playing in the tunnel earlier today. I tried taking a picture of Male Cat with just his tails sticking out of it but he heard me coming and backed out really quickly! He doesn't like having his picture taken!


At tonight's feeding, both Princess PB and Tabby Kitty ate their cereal directly from the bowl.  Dark Explorer, though, is still trying to eat the bowl and keeps on putting his paws into it.  Tsk, tsk! Once again, I missed which kitten peed in the litterbox, but it was either Princess PB or Dark Explorer.  Small progress every day :)

How did your day go today?

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the look on Male Cat's face in that picture! He looks like he's saying, "Who, me?" He probably thinks he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing, playing in that tunnel. LOL.

    Sorry to hear you had a headache, today; hope you feel better, tomorrow. Also, sorry to hear that Greg's dad's health is deteriorating fast and he'll be going there directly; such a difficult time for all of you.

    You did great with your shopping, again, as always. It was probably the first time that particular cashier ever rang up a $2.50 item for $1! Those raspberries look delicious.

    I had a fairly quiet day. It's hot and humid, here, but no rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, he is so big and yet he is such a scaredy cat! I agree with you, he thinks he got caught doing something he shouldn't have. Such a doofus!

      Ah, hot and humid. You should have just stayed in Florida! I hope your day was a little cooler today.

      Delete
  2. Yay Nathalie! Ten pounds lost. WooHoo. I told you that even without writing everything down, you still made good choices. You have stayed away from the bad stuff. Go on a trail walk this weekend with one or both of your kids.

    I am glad to hear that your shopping days are all consuming and leave you little energy or motivation to do more afterwards, because I always feel that way. I feel like it is a major project accomplished and I am ready for a nap. By the time you get everything sorted, documented and put away, the day is almost over anyway.

    It has to be a huge strain on Greg, especially being away for work right now. Hopefully, his dad will hang on until the weekend and then the end can come quickly. My thoughts are with your family right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little bad this week... between eating out at the Mexican restaurant last Saturday, pizza twice this week, Chinese food loaded with sodium, 3 donut holes this morning and then sushi for lunch (which, surprisingly, is actually quite heavy in calories), I don't feel very virtuous but I still hope to lose a little bit of weight. I wonder if Greg will want to go walking on Saturday. I might go on my own on Sunday now that the kittens have been moved to the Cat Room where my son can keep an eye on them, and they also eat from the saucer so he could conceivably feed them if I weren't home. I see freedom in sight again!

      Thank you for your kind thoughts. At least his sister is now able to be there, even if she has to lug the baby. His daughter and SIL are also going up there this weekend with their baby, Greg's dad hadn't met him in person yet.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on 10 pounds lost! That's quite a success.

    Oh, and those herring fillets from Germany...I got a couple of tins, too. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      And I was hoping you'd buy the herring too so I could pick your brain about the best way to eat them. Do I warm them up? Eat them cold? Eat them on toast? Or with some kind of a side? What say you?

      Delete
    2. Well, when I was a kid we would just put the fish on top of sourdough bread, which was the only bread that was ever in the house. We'd sort of smush it down and eat it as an open-faced sandwich. We usually had tomatoes or a cucumber salad as a side. These days, I put the stuff on crackers or Wasa bread. But definitely cold - like the pickled herring, it's not meant to be warmed up.

      Delete
    3. Oh, yum, yum, yum! I wish I had seen that before eating my lunch! I have sourdough Wasa bread at home right now. And tomatoes and cucumbers too! Maybe I'll delay my "getting back on the wagon" deal to tomorrow and have myself a little snack later on this afternoon :)

      Delete
    4. Now...this kind of meal can definitely be an "on the wagon" deal (why am I picturing pioneer women eating this fish out of those tins on top of a horse-drawn carriage, going off into the sunset in the wild west?). Wasa bread is definitely a healthy food, and the Omega-3 oils from the fish are good for your heart. You just have to make sure not to eat the whole tin... :-)

      (In other words, don't be like me!)

      Delete
    5. But it's a tiny tin! OK, not tiny but not as big as one would believe! And I'm laughing at your mental image. Maybe I ought to go take my old kid plastic wagon for a walk by the lake with my herring tin and Wasa bread and stop on a bench for an impromptu picnic! I don't have a bonnet though (tie my bra over my head?). LOL.

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!