Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday 9/18/16



Happy Sunday!

Yes, I'm determined to be happy today even if I'm still irritable because there's enough to worry about with the trash bomb explosions in NYC and NJ and the mall stabbings in MN. And that darn presidential election to boot. Of course, we could be living in a dictatorship and have even less of a choice (not that we have that many choices!) so there's that. Oh yeah... I've already forgotten that I meant to be positive today!

Well, I've had a lovely morning so far at 9:40 a.m.  Chirping kittens woke me up from a deep slumber at 7:30 a.m. I'm afraid that I was sleeping on my back and probably snoring because I know that my mouth was wide open, lol.

After taking care of them I enjoyed a cup of coffee... without my paper (oh a little slip... it'll be in "Failures" today. Maybe I should add a "Frustrations" section too!).  I enjoyed a free breakfast burrito picked up yesterday from McDonald's (I won't be worrying about calories too much today either, it's my weekend off!), saw that they're offering a free cheeseburger today since it's National Cheeseburger Day. Nothing to start the day on the right foot then to discover new freebies :)

Then I was reading a blogger who talked about baking and I remembered that I had defrosted some pumpkin purée earlier in the week so I went to bake 2 loaves of chocolate pumpkin bread for my sweeties. It's baking in the electric roaster that I set on the patio as we speak.

My two brothers are on Instagram and started following me overnight and I'm following them back. Yippee, I've missed talking to them since we no longer use Google+ and I'm not on Facebook. My sister-in-law emailed me back that she's not on IG but that my brother will share the photos and videos with her and that she's excited. I told her me too because it will save me from having to write very long emails (we call them "tartines" in French, which doesn't really translate in English. It's basically French bread slices with or butter on them.  Writing "des tartines" means writing long letters or messages).  She replied that she likes my "tartines", lol! Well, I like tartines too but no one from my family ever sends me any so it's a very one-sided tartine :)  Update: well lo and behold, someone wrote a (short) blog post about that expression and even gives the origin of it.

Then I was catching up on Feedly and read a lovely post by Laura from All That Junk in My Trunk about her Autumn Joy List and that put me in the mood to decorate for Fall. So a little later on (or later this week), I will get my Fall decorations out. I don't have many so it'll be quick.

At my front door...

Above the Family Calendar in the kitchen
(I usually put the Family sign on our mantlepiece at Thanksgiving but right now it's crowded with candles!)

Runner for the kitchen table and fall-themed plates and glasses (dishes from Dollar Tree)
(ignore the frayed homemade cloth napkins cut from receiving blankets that aren't in theme, OK?)
I also have a "Happy Fall" runner for the coffee table but that table is so crowded with stuff right now,
I just put it on the bench under the living room window. Sorry, forgot to take a photo.
And that about wraps up my Fall decorations... apart from the Fall-theme kitchen towels and hand towels that
I'll put in the bathroom once I've washed them.

Today's the last day for the 3-wick candle sale at Bath & Body Works so I think I'm going to head on over and get one for $12.50 so I can use my coupon to get a freebie too.  While I'm there, I probably should go to Walmart (Ugh, Walmart on a Sunday!) and then I'll swing by McDonald's to get the freebie for my son.  But I have to wait since the kittens are going to need to be fed again soon, my pumpkin bread is baking, and I haven't even showered.

Greg is up and reading the news on his phone. We have classical music playing, which is lovely, and  a new and delicious smelling candle burning on the mantelpiece.  Our son just got up and is cuddling the adult cats.   How do you spend your Sunday mornings?



I forgot that last weekend I had declared that I wouldn't post a to do list on the weekends anymore. However, there are a couple of things that I can't forget to do today so here goes:

  • Iron Greg's clothes - Done
  • Give him his passport - Done
  • Do the dishes (because it's been 2 days!) - Done (well, for the most part)
Well done, me!

FRUGAL SUCCESSES
  • I brewed a pot of half decaf coffee with the free decaf won from Wawa.  I had forgotten about the free RaceTrac coffee in my fridge that Greg had brought me yesterday, I'll drink that after I'm done with my half decaf.

  • Also last night I rediscovered 3 small packages of booze-flavored coffee that someone had given me as a stocking present several years ago.  I put them well in sight so I don't forget to use them up, again. I can't tell you how many times I've done that!

  • For breakfast, I had the sausage burrito that I had picked up from McDonald's for free yesterday. It was delicious. But I'm still hungry :)


  • I saw that today McDonald's is offering a free cheeseburger in honor of National Cheeseburger Day. You have to present the app coupon.


  • I loaded up new digital store coupons to my CVS app.

  • I baked 2 loaves of chocolate chip pumpkin bread with some homemade pumpkin purée from the $2.99 pumpkins I had bought last year, in the electric roaster placed on the patio. It didn't heat up the house and used less energy than my larger wall oven.



  • After the loaves cooled, I left half a loaf on the kitchen table for today's snacks and froze the other three half loaves in upcycled cereal bags.


  • My paper finally got delivered and I found one coupon insert in there. Better than nothing!

  • Greg went outside to mow the backyard but first he fired up the edger that he fixed himself and edge the front yard. I had been about to go take a shower but it reminded me that I needed to use my electric trimmer to trim the tall grass near the composting bin (that's my area so it's off limits to him!) so I went to put on a pair of long pants (well, sweat pants) and a hat, and I did just that. Then I edged the berm, pulled weeds and harvested the peanuts. It was hard, sweaty work and I was really exhausted after just an hour outside because it was also hot and I was wearing a black T-shirt. Not too smart!  And why I decided to harvest the peanuts at high noon, I don't know.  Anyhoo, the yard and garden both look nicer now thanks to our efforts and I guess I got my exercise for the day.


  • The peanut harvest was disappointing because the darn squirrels ate one patch and then something else managed to eat  a lot of the second patch.  Some grub, I'm guessing.  A lot of the shells were empty.  However, there were still a few small ones forming on the plants (that's too bad!) and even one plant that had started flowering again!  I'm glad I decided to play in the dirt and dig through the whole patch with my 3-pronged fork thingie because I did find a few more that were deeper than I expected. It was like playing in one of those dinosaur pits that are popular with children :)


  • For lunch I had a bowl of leftover jalapeño soup and most of the rest of the Brussels sprouts from several nights ago and a half can of sweet peas that I had opened for Greg's lunch on Thursday. And a whole naan.  And 2 navel oranges. I told you I wasn't counting calories this weekend!  My darn period still hasn't started and it's getting on my nerves.


  • I'm so exhausted now that I can't think about going out to run errands, much less go to Walmart. Maybe in a couple of hours... if I take a nap first?  I'm bushed!

  • CVS emailed me a $1.00 coupon off snacks that I uploaded to my ExtraCare card.

  • I printed a few coupons via Swagbucks (10 SB per redeemed coupon).

  • I also printed some from Redplum and Smartsource and uploaded digital coupons to my Publix digital wallet.


  • I think I've talked myself out of going to Walmart, B&BW and McDonald's today, freebies be darned. I'm tired and it's already 3:15 p.m.  A little later... well it's a good thing that I didn't drive all the way to Clermont because the B&BW coupon isn't valid until October 3rd!

  • I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits and I'm trying to earn a few Swagbucks. My 1st goal today is only 50 SB but I just realized that in late afternoon so I might not make it.

  • I saw an ad that Michael's is now hiring the holidays so I gave the ad to my daughter who would love to work there because she's an artist and she loves Michael's.

  • Target is really trying to position itself as a grocery shopper's destination. This week, finally, they've done something that I have been thinking for years that they should do: move the grocery deals to the front of their weekly ad!  They're having the Market Pantry milk on sale for $2.49 a gallon (and there's a 5% Cartwheel offer), which is cheaper than CVS (and cheaper than Aldi which sells it for $2.99 down here) but since I get mine for free at CVS, I'll skip it. Their raspberries are on sale for $2.50 for 6 oz this week and there's a 20% Cartwheel offer on those, and if they're Driscoll's it means that I can get them for $1.00 each after coupon and Cartwheel and still get 10% back from USAA Visa too.  So I'll be going to Target!

  • I guess all my Cartwheel discounts had expired so I uploaded a bunch of new ones.  They have 10% off all meat!  Argh. This time, I can't buy any because my freezer is full again.

  • I finally remembered to pack the solar rechargeable batteries that I had bought on Amazon to return them since they don't work.  I reused the bubble envelope from Amazon and attached the postage paid label that I was able to print. I'll drop it off at the UPS store this week.

  • I clipped the coupons that I had printed.

  • I took a RaceTrac survey and earned a survey reward code for a new freebie.

  • I also took two Driscoll's surveys and earned (4) $1.00/1 coupons that I will use for raspberries at Target, probably tomorrow. Update: well, apparently not, I had problems with Driscoll's see "Failures"

  • At about 4:45 p.m. I decided to drive to McDonald's (I cannot resist a freebie, darn it!) and beat the dinner crowd. 
    • I stopped by the Post Office and dropped off the baby card that I had written in their drive-through mailbox. So convenient!
    • At McDonald's, I asked the attendant whether I could use 2 coupons from my app on the same order or if I needed to make 2 separate orders. She asked me to check the wording and neither of the coupons that I wanted to use said "1 per order" so I ordered:
      • a cheeseburger (free with the app coupon), which I gave to our son for his lunch tomorrow.

      • 2 medium chocolate shakes (used a BOGO app coupon), with which I surprised Greg and our son.  

      • My OOP was a little over $2 and I used my USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards
    • I had also planned on stopping by RaceTrac to redeem a survey code for a freebie but it's hot and the shakes would have melted so I just went home.  The lake I drive by was shining in the late afternoon sunshine, it was so pretty. I just love where we live.
    • My men were really surprised and excited to get shakes!  Now let's hope my daughter (who is somewhat on a diet, as I am!) doesn't realize that I didn't get her anything, lol.

  • For dinner, I defrosted some tomato basil chicken sausages from Aldi. I'll make pasta and a salad to go with them.  Easy dinner!

  • Oh, I reached my 1st Swagbucks Daily Goal!  On to try for the 2nd Daily Goal!

  • I saw in the comments for the Swagbucks' blog post about the Midway Challenge that people were still getting their Swag-Up award from this past week's team challenge when they redeemed SB for a gift card, even though it doesn't show as available under "My Swag-Ups" so I ordered a $25 Walmart gift card and sure enough, I received my 25 SB Swag-Up award. Woo.

  • So for dinner I grilled the tomato basil sausages in the toaster oven while I cooked a box of Barilla Pronto penne pasta. I remembered Alison's trick of adding a little bit of oil to the water so they wouldn't stick to the bottom of the pan. It worked! I also added a little more water than the 3 cups the box called for because I couldn't cover all the pasta with just 3 cups. That also helped. I served plain pasta to Greg but for the kids and myself I added a jar of Classico's Florentine Cheese and Spinach pasta sauce for added vitamins and greens and I sliced the sausages in there.  I have lots of leftovers for my lunches tomorrow and Tuesday!  I also made a salad of spinach, strawberries and crushed pecans and those who wanted could top it with Ken's Lite Raspberry Pomegranate dressing (we also have the Lite Raspberry Walnut dressing that usually goes really well with that salad but I didn't want to have yet another opened bottle of dressing in the fridge).  

  • I've been very pleased with the spinach that my daughter picked up from Publix last Monday. First off, it really wasn't that much more expensive than Aldi's. Secondly, the bag contained a lot... it lasted us through several salads and I'm thinking that I might prefer it to the hearts of Romaine (plus: iron!). Thirdly, the spinach remained very fresh and crisp. Even tonight, it wasn't spoiled at all.  So I might just splurge and get it from Publix again this week, we'll see. Oh wait, I have 3 hearts of Romaine that we never used since we used the spinach all week so never mind.

  • As I was cutting the sausages, the juice splattered all over my shorts so I have to go change and I sprayed them with Shout. Hopefully they're not ruined. I wore that same pair of shorts all week!  I bought them at a thrift store recently and even though they don't have the cargo pockets that I prefer and don't have back pockets either, they're high waisted (my favorite style, it's much comfier!) so the front pockets are quite deep and it works well to keep my phone on me, as well as my keys when I go shopping.

  • I entered my 1 hour of gardening in Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 20 BR points.  I'm up to 2,910 points. (I need 5,000 points to get $5 off a $5 purchase).

  • I reached my 2nd Daily Goal in Swagbucks, yay!



SPLURGES
  • Water for Greg to wash his truck.
  • Two shakes for two of my honeys and gas to go get them.

FAILURES
  • Once again my Sunday paper wasn't delivered. Come to think of it, I didn't get it on Thursday either. I think I might have mentioned that yesterday.  I filled out a request online with the Orlando Sentinel Customer Service. If I recall properly, they have until noon to redeliver it. It's irritating. I'm trying to remember that I only paid the one penny for the whole year subscription but it's not working, I'm still irritated. Which is silly because I read the news online and I print coupons anyway.  But I'm still very irritated! Quick!  Look at a cute kitten...

  • So I took 2 surveys for Driscoll's Consumer Advisory Panel and received the 2 separate emails that I usually receive, each with a coupon link that I've already been able to use to print 2 coupons with a separate bar code for a total of 4 coupons.  Today, the 2nd email produced an error message that I had already reached the maximum number of prints allotted for this offer.  Then I noticed that both emails specified that I had completed 35 surveys, which is wrong. I completed 2 surveys today so that should have been 35 and 36.  The error message also gave an email address to reach the Customer Service department in case there was a problem.  I typed an email with screenshots.  The email was rejected because that email address doesn't exist!  Then I went on their website and there is an option to email them but you have to fill out a form on their website that only allows 500 characters (seriously?!) and doesn't let you attach any files. I'm pissed.  I filled out the form but my comment doesn't convey just how ticked off I am.  They just went through a "rebranding", which only means that they changed the font in their logo and the stickers on their packaging will have a different shape (seriously) but that also means that everything else is screwed up. I hate wasting my time like this and now I can only buy 2 containers of raspberries instead of 4 so I don't see how this is good for them either! 

CHORES
  • Fed the adult cats
  • Started the dryer again for 10 minutes as the towels I washed last night still felt a little damp
  • Kitten duty
  • Baked pumpkin bread
  • Replied to blog comments
  • Contacted Orlando Sentinel Customer Service about my missing paper
  • Added my 2 brothers to my Instagram feed and checked out their photos
  • Corresponded with my SIL via email
  • Refilled bird feeder
  • Pulled some weeds
  • Kitten duty with Greg
  • Changed their bedding
  • Researched catnip effect on kittens
  • Trimmed the tall grass near the composting bin
  • Edged the berm
  • Pulled some more weeds
  • Harvested the peanuts
  • Printed coupons
  • Did the dishes
  • Kitten duty
  • Did a load of kitten laundry
  • Brought down the Fall decorations
  • Clipped coupons
  • Wrote baby card
  • Took customer satisfaction surveys
  • Ran errands
  • Contacted Driscoll's Customer Service
  • Replied to more blog comments
  • Ordered a gift card
  • Cooked dinner
  • Gave Greg his passport
  • Ironed Greg's clothes
  • Kitten duty with Greg
  • Changed their bedding
  • Washed the Kitten Magic Potion food containers
  • Mixed some more Kitten Magic Potion
  • Edited pictures
  • Posted some on Instagram

HEALTH
  • My exercise today was sweating for an hour as I did some yard work. 

  • I didn't log my food today so I don't know how well I did. I didn't feel like I ate badly, although I did have one slice of chocolate pumpkin bread for snack and that sausage burrito for breakfast, but all in all I think I did OK.  However, I don't expect that I will have lost anything on the scale on Wednesday morning.  I just hope that I didn't gain.

GRATITUDE
  • A short but lovely email exchange with my darling SIL
  • That both my brothers are on Instagram, yippee!
  • That the squirrels and other critters left us a few peanuts.
  • That our new niece was healthy enough to go home this weekend and her mommy seems to be OK too :)

KITTENS
No litterbox joy this morning... all the kittens were happy to just be on my lap.  They were dry, though, which means... ewwwwwww.

As I typed this sentence, Princess Poopy Bottom proceeded to the litterbox and was softly chirping in there... so I sprung to my feet with my phone camera at the ready... but nothing.


However, Dark Explorer (that's what I'm calling him now) had a h-u-g-e poop when I coaxed him. It was very soft but I think he got rid of a week's worth of poop. His brother, Sir Constipated, only gave me "underwear tracks". Maybe later on today...

I was puzzled as to why they didn't seem to care about the catnip mice yesterday because, if anything, I thought they might cuddle up to them. Well, I just saw this on MyHealthyCat,com:
"Kittens are not affected by this plant. If your kitten is genetically predisposed to enjoy it, then she will probably start reacting at about two months old. It may take up to six months for your kitten to start reacting.
If your kitty hasn't started reacting by the time she is six months old, then she probably will never enjoy it. However, you may want to try a couple different sources or cat toys before you give up.
The quality and potency of catnip can vary from source to source. So if your cat doesn't react, it could be the particular leaves that she isn't reacting to, rather than catnip in general."


I guess that explains it, then!

Later on... well Sir Constipated did poop this afternoon although not on the scale of his brother, despite being larger than him and not having pooped for a longer period of time.  However, it was also very very soft poop.  Those kittens sure have gastric issues, lol.  I'll need to mention it to the vet on Tuesday morning before he administers the deworming treatment, in case there's a problem.  I wouldn't want them to get sick.

Other cat pictures taken today...

They had been so comfy cuddling on Greg's lap in his cozy blanket...

That I went to get them a thinner but cozy flat sheet that we weren't using and made them a nest with it. They enjoyed it this
afternoon.

Playing peekaboo on my son's lap this morning!

Drowsy kitten!  It's so funny... you give Greg the kittens and in about 5 minutes the kittens are asleep
on his lap or in his arms or hands and he looks at me and he's all groggy and ready to take a nap as well!
It never fails and it works at any time of day, it's uncanny! He says it's because he's boring.  I think they stay
active when I have them on me because I talk to them constantly. He doesn't. So they get bored and fall asleep.  LOL.


So cute, I can't stand it! Someone hold me back, I want to go kiss a kitten right now!

Having fun with Mean Kitty, I had her take this selfie :)

Hahahaha.  No, you shouldn't have, Mean Kitty!

NATURE
I've missed being outside and above all watching the bird feeders!  Yesterday I observed a female cardinal (I think) at the blue feeder and today there was a male cardinal at the cardinal feeder. It had been quite a long time since I'd seen any birds there but maybe it was my timing that stunk.  The poor hummingbirds haven't been fed since before we got the kittens, I really need to refill the feeders and grease the poles and see if they're still around or if they have left for the "winter"... or to find food somewhere else.

Yesterday, Greg also pointed out the hawk that was on the back fence.  I was so intent on watching the bird feeder from the window that I had totally missed the hawk!  I didn't have my camera with me so no pictures of the birdies :(

However, I spent some time in the garden today (well, just an hour).  Here is what I saw:

A lizard taking a stroll in the grass.  I usually only see them in the mulch, on the house, or on the patio.

A new roselle flower about to bloom.

Big lush roselle calyces!  Can't wait to harvest them.

I won't be pulling those or pouring Susan's weed killer on them...they're baby vincas growing between my patio pavers!!!

The peanut plots, uncovered.

This is what happened to the farthest plot.  The damn squirrels ate it all.

But I found a few in the plot the closest to the camera in the previous picture.

This plant still thought it was time to blossom! Quite a few plants had baby peanuts still forming, '
along with much older peanuts that, somehow, got gnawed on by some critter(s), even though
the squirrels didn't get into that tent. Grrr.

Kneeling in the dirt, digging through the whole plot very carefully as if I were some kind of peanut archaeologist!  It was fun but exhausting. I did find several intact peanuts, though, much deeper than I had expected. It was exciting!

I also found those puffy mushrooms or fungus balls or whatever they are. So alien.

Tiny little snail traveling off a clover leaf. Can you see this eyes? (pointed downward). I had the sun
directly over me since it was noon so I couldn't see what I was shooting.

As I was digging through the dirt to find some intact peanuts,  I saw one and almost immediately I saw this lizard leap into the plot with me and run towards me at great speed. I thought he was going to steal my peanut and I was ready for battle!  However, he was running to catch a small roach that I had uncovered as well, lol.  He grabbed it and then ran back to a nearby pineapple plant to eat his lunch.

He didn't appreciate my trying to take a picture of him gulping his food down so he turned his back on me, How rude!  Can you see the roach's body in its jaw?  That's some whopper, hahaha.
 If faced with an animal charging at you, what would your reaction be?  I'd probably just scream and wet my pants.  I've had loose dogs snarling and charging at me before and I'm still traumatized about it all.

14 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin breads look so appetizing – I bet they were tasty with a good cup of coffee. You certainly did a lot today. My favorite pictures are those of the kittens – they are adorable. I don’t think that there is anything as cute as a little fluffy kitten and you have three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny that I always end up doing a lot of things when I declare that I'm not going to bother with my To Do list? It was a good productive day and I also relaxed although I never did take that nap or read the book that I had said I was going to read yesterday!

      Thank you, the kittens ARE absolutely adorable and cuddly and soft. Nothing better in the world outside of a newborn baby :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, you harvested your peanuts! Nice of the squirrels to have let you have some! LOL.

    I like all your Fall decorations. Way too hot here to even think of decorating for Fall! I usually wait until October.

    You had a very productive day, today. I hope you have a lovely start to your week, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the whole day yesterday I was thinking that it was September 20th so it pretty much was Fall officially. But when I told my family that at dinner, my daughter reminded me that it was only the 18th. Doh. I usually wait until November since I don't decorate for Halloween anymore. But I guess the fall-themed scented candles and Laura put me in the mood!

      Delete
  3. Good morning! Sundays for us are usually farmers market a small adventure relaxing at home. Yesterday we did farmers market a huge fencing event. Did I tell you my husband is a ranked USA fencer? Dinner out and then the weird Al concert. I also have video for you but I have to figure out how to post them . Or you can email me at stringplayer2 at AOL.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandie, sorry it took me so long to reply, it's been a weird and tiring night and day! It sounds like you had an extremely but very entertaining weekend! At first when I read that your husband was a fencer (in the same sentence as the farmers' market), I was thinking that you meant someone who installed fences and I thought "wow, they rank fence installers nationally?! He must install a mean fence!" Hahahaha. And then I got it! No, you never mentioned it. How exciting! Is fencing an Olympic sport? I think it used to be, at the very least. How often does he fence? Is there a fencing rink (I don't know what it's called) near your house, then? I don't think there's fencing near us. I seem to remember that my youngest son had expressed some interest but I'm not the kind of mom to drive hours away for kids' activities unless it's just a once in a blue moon kind of thing.

      Oh I would love to see the videos of the concert! You can try emailing me one at imperfectlyNathalie at gmail.com but if they're big that might not work. I would say post them to YouTube without making them public but they're ruthless with the copyright stuff so they'll probably remove them.

      I read your blog post a little earlier and saw the photos but it was on my phone so I'll look at it again tonight on my laptop so I can see them better! Thanks for thinking of me, you lucky woman!

      Delete
  4. I love your fall decorations! It's fun to feel a little seasonal, even if that means something different here in Florida compared to my hometown.

    Every time I see those kittens I just want to squeal. They are so so cute. We get catnip spray and I love it because it seems to be quite a bit more potent than the dried nip (we have some of that too) and much less messy. You can also use it to refresh catnip toys that have lost potency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good feedback on the catnip spray thanks! I had just read about it when I was doing the research for the catnip effect on kittens, I didn't know about it before. I think I'll add that to my shopping list next time I go to Petco, as we definitely have a few toys that could stand to be refreshed. Male Cat is nuts about catnip!

      Delete
  5. You really spoil your men folk....shakes and a cheeseburger for youngest son, Wow! But you didn't forget your daughter. You gave her a job lead. Haha. I could never work at Michael's. I would be owing THEM money at the end of every pay period. *sigh*

    An hour's work in the garden sounds like time well spent. Look at you growing peanuts. I am bowled over. They look like real peanuts. Do they taste better than peanuts you buy? Do you have to roast them? I wouldn't have a clue. It was great getting a garden update again after a long hiatus. There always seems to be something growing or ready for harvest at your place.

    Such cute kitty photos today. I love that Greg puts the kittens to sleep. That armful of sleeping kitties is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had read about harvesting the peanuts a couple of months ago and now I've forgotten everything. I *think* that I have to let them dry for a couple of weeks. Not sure if I need to roast them. We haven't tried any yet. I want to find the article again to make sure I don't inadvertently poison anyone.

      Delete
  6. I find it fascinating that the little lizards can eat those giant roaches. I saw one once on my lanai having a giant roach (or maybe some other big bug) in his mouth. I tried to get a picture, but by the time I got the camera, he was gone.

    One of my friends (skinny friend) is very strict with herself and what she eats during the week, but on the weekend "all bets are off." Nothing has calories and she enjoys food and drink with great abandon. And then on Monday, it's back to calorie counting/logging food intake. So don't beat yourself up over giving yourself a day off...it seems to work well for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up being a whole week off... I won't beat myself up until Wednesday when I step on the scale, hahaha. Interesting that your friend does this. It's kind of like me not posting a To Do List on the weekends (not that I do that many chores during the week anyway...).

      Delete
  7. Oh.My.Word! How darling are those babies?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you're commenting on those older posts several months later as it allows me to rediscover all those pictures again and reminisce. They were seriously cute! They look HUGE now and it's so funny to read how obsessed I was with their bowel movements, hahaha.

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!