Tuesday, September 6, 2016

This Week's Dinner Plans


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...

I was able to reuse a couple of dishes that I didn't get to cook last week.

TUESDAY: Cheese Pizza and Side Salad
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: nothing
  • From the fridge: cheese pizza, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, dressing
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: cheese pizza (bought today)
WEDNESDAY:  Five-Spice Pork Loin Chunks, Corn on the Cob, Broccoli
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: Five-spice powder
  • From the fridge: pork loin chunks, butter, light sour cream, broccoli, butter, corn on the cob
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: broccoli (bought today)

THURSDAY: Roasted Marinated Chicken, White Rice, Steamed Carrots
  • From the freezer: whole marinated chicken
  • From the pantry: white rice
  • From the fridge: carrots
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: roast chicken in electric roaster
  • Need to buy: nothing

FRIDAY: Sweet Potato Peanut Stew and Naan Bread
  • From the freezer: Diced sweet peppers
  • From the pantry: canola oil, onion, allspice, sweet potatoes, vegetable broth powder, tomato paste, coconut milk, peanut butter
  • From the fridge: ginger paste, naan bread
  • Need to harvest: see if any sweet potatoes are ready to be harvested
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: more sweet potatoes?

SATURDAY:  Southwestern Turkey Meat Loaf and Sweet Mashed Potatoes
  • From the freezer: 2 lbs ground turkey
  • From the pantry:  sweet potatoes, onion, vegetable oil, rice, beef broth, can of NSA corn, picante sauce, tortilla chips, taco seasoning
  • From the fridge: butter, milk, minced garlic, shredded cheese
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

SUNDAY:  Grilled Taco Burger and Potato Foil Packs
  • From the freezer: 1 lb ground beef
  • From the pantry: taco seasoning mix, potatoes, onion, salsa con queso
  • From the fridge: bread crumbs, milk
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

8 comments:

  1. I don't know... it looks like you are missing some chicken :) LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I almost left you a similar comment on YOUR menu, but then abstained because I didn't want you to think I was harassing you about the chicken!

      Delete
    2. We normally have one pasta, one beef and the rest is all different chicken cooked in different ways :) My family would never eat sweet potato peanut anything...although it sounds interesting!!! I really need to make some new meals but can't do it until next month when we settle into the busy schedule season :)

      Delete
    3. I'm not confident that it'll be a success but I have sweet potatoes to use up and this recipe was at my fingertips when I was writing the menu so I figured I would try it.

      Delete
    4. I don't think I've made that exact stew, but I have an African Peanut Stew that I made that has sweet potatoes in it and I LOVE it. Hope it's a success at your house!

      Delete
    5. I think I might have made a similar stew in the last couple of years that wasn't a success... we'll see if I get to make it this week. I'm always pretty ambitious when I add new recipes to my menu and then comes that evening and I don't feel like following a new recipe, lol. I do need to use up those sweet potatoes I harvested in late June, they've sprouted and the shoots are pretty tall now!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a good variety in your meal plans, Nathalie. I went grocery shopping today and I bought 3 kinds of vegetables and 4 kinds of fruit. So I have a variety on hand and hopefully, I'll feel like eating at least some of it. I still don't have an appetite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I thought your appetite had come back right before you caught that stomach bug last week. I hope you get to enjoy your food soon, Bless. You did well buying healthy foods!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!