Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...
I'm going to depart from my regular format of listing what I need from the freezer, etc, since none of those dishes are new to me and I know that I already have everything needed to cook them.
- Notes: it will allow me to use up those portobello mushroom caps that I bought almost 2 weeks ago! If they're not good anymore, I'll defrost some turkey smoked sausage instead.
TUESDAY: Hamburgers and Corn on the Cob with Side Salad
- Notes: I really need to use up those ears of corn that I bought last week as well as the last hamburger buns.
- Notes: the sweet potatoes that I harvested back in early July and then again a couple of weeks ago are still on my counter so I'm going to use up some of them.
THURSDAY: Caribbean Rice and Grilled Chipotle Chicken Sausages
- Notes: this will be a very easy dinner as the Caribbean Rice is a mix from Zatarain's.
FRIDAY: Breakfast for Dinner
- Notes: the French toast from last week wasn't a great success (Walmart's French bread doesn't work for it, it was way too soggy) so this week I'll make waffles. I usually run out of steam to make them at dinner time so I'll try to make them in the afternoon and I'll just toast them at dinner time. I'll make scrambled eggs to go with them and serve the whole thing with orange slices.
SATURDAY: Homemade Pizza, Salad
- Notes: I'll need to make my own pizza dough. In the past I haven't been very successful with it, but this time I'll try the bread maker recipe. I also plan on using the pizza pan that I had bought at Aldi several months ago and have yet to try. For toppings, I have pepperoni and I think I have ham in the freezer that I can defrost.
SUNDAY: Tuna Patties, White Rice and Green Bean Casserole
- Notes: An old favorite, tuna patties are so easy to make and tasty! I need to use up veggies from the freezer and I have quite a few green beans that I'll turn into a casserole. I haven't looked up a recipe yet but I'm confident that I have everything that I would need because I am so stocked up!
What's cooking in your kitchen this week?