Monday, October 10, 2016

Day Book: Monday 10/10/16



Outside my window... it's 7:20 a.m. and the sun is rising.  The street and the backyard are quiet.

I am thinking... that the weather is supposed to be much cooler this week than it's been (in the 80s), so I'm going to try and sit on the patio most mornings. Also, I need to remember to ride my recumbent bike every day.  I should actually go on real bike rides but that might not happen.

I am thankful for... the fact that I was able to sleep (albeit interrupted several times by kittens waking up next to me and roughhousing!) last night.

From the learning rooms... my son didn't look happy to go back to school today and looked very sleepy. He lost 2 days of school so they'll have to do a lot of catching up.  My daughter has an appointment with a UCF advisor this afternoon to discuss admission procedures for her since she will have already earned her AA by the time she starts college.  Otherwise, I'm not really sure what is going on with them this week as we didn't have a family dinner last night, which is when we typically discuss these things.

From the kitchen... a mess! I haven't done the dishes all weekend so I need to do that.  I did my menu for this week last weekend, actually, so it's just a matter of typing and posting it.  I want to bake a Fall Pear Cake this week, and also some Raisin Cranberry Cinnamon Bread.

I am wearing... my PJs.

I am creating... better behaved kittens!  They're very bite-y (because they're playful) and I read an article written by the Humane Society about what to do to discourage the behavior.  Most of their suggestions won't work for us because of the layout of our house, but we are no longer letting them play with our fingers and for now they seem to have forgotten about them.

I am going... to try to order new walking shoes online.  (I'm not actually going anywhere today).

I am reading... actually re-reading"Hostage" by Robert Crais.

I am hoping... that Susan's husband gets better and that his tests come back with good results today.

I am hearing... kittens settling down for their next nap. One has chosen my right shoulder.  The other should be along shortly (oh yeah, she also chose the right shoulder. I'm going to be walking crooked the rest of the day!).  Tabby Kitty wisely picked the 2nd futon for his own spot.  Greg getting ready for work.

Around the house... my son went to school, my daughter is asleep. Greg just came in to kiss me goodbye.  The kittens are falling asleep, I'm assuming the adult cats are looking out the windows right now because that's what they like doing at this time of day.

One of my favorite things... any of the kitten toys right now. Anything that's safe for them and takes their attention away from me for even just a few minutes, LOL!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Greg's birthday is this week but he doesn't want to do anything. It's my favorite time of the year since he gets to be my age for a few months and my BFF is older than me at the same time, LOL.  This weekend is Lake County's 5th Annual Wings and Wildflowers Festival.  I'm going to suggest to Greg that we go but he probably won't want to so I might go on my own.  I'd like to get him a bike this week so we can take a bike ride too.  Otherwise, regular stuff: grocery shopping, my son volunteering at the library, etc.

Here is the picture I am sharing... the weather forecast for the week!


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely day book post! I'm glad you have cooler weather in the forecast and no storms! I woke up feeling tired, this morning. I've just had a cup of tea and am catching up on blogs before getting dressed and getting to my to do list. By the way, I, too, have a mess in the kitchen! Hope you have a lovely day, Nathalie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no fun starting the week feeling tired from the weekend, is it? I hope you got some rest today, Bless. I had a thoroughly unproductive but relaxing day and I have decided that I won't feel guilty about it at all! Have a great week, Bless :)

      Delete
  2. You're going to have great weather this week. I hope you get to enjoy it every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely plan on trying to be either on my patio or working in the garden every moment that I can this week! It was in the 60s when I sat on the patio this morning and it was GLORIOUS! I even had the windows open for several hours. This is my favorite time of year, whether it be in the fall or spring.

    I hope you're having lovely weather at either of your houses too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall Pear Cake? Now I need to catch up with the rest of your week to see if you baked this and (hopefully!) posted a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't (it was a very lazy week!) and I thought I had posted the recipe before but I guess I didn't. However, here is a post about Fresh Pear Torta and oh my gosh, this is so good. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should make that instead... http://imperfectlyfrugally.blogspot.com/2014/10/fresh-pear-torte.html

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!