My daughter came to play with the kittens in the living room last night and I wish I hadn't let her. She brought a toy on a stick and had them run around. This is usually at a time when I'm trying to calm them down (the lights are down, we have classical music playing and Greg and I are relaxing on our respective computers) and, as a result of all the playing (which they enjoyed thoroughly), it was very very hard corralling them to go upstairs when it was time for them to go to sleep. Thankfully my son helped me but we still had a hard time as they were all running around and hiding!
Not only that but then I realized that one of them had once again peed on the Ripple Rug, probably during the playtiime. Arrgh! I poured Urine Destroyer on it, let it sit 5 minutes on top of a towel, and then went to hang it in the laundry room to dry overnight. This morning my laundry room smells... off. Yuck. I was quite upset about the whole thing last night and I plan to have a chat with my daughter about overexciting them right before bedtime.
This morning, I'm taking them to the vet's for their 2nd round of deworming and 1st round of shots. I'm a nervous wreck! I could handle one kitten getting shots in the past, but three of them? That I have pretty much raised from birth? It's like having my own baby get shots and back then, I used to cry along with the babies, LOL. I know, it's stupid, they're just cats and they'll be fine. Still anxious about it, though!
No, I didn't weigh myself this morning, I'm playing ostrich.
I do need to go grocery shopping today so I'll probably drop off the kittens after the vet's and go back out. I don't want to go! I plan on going to RaceTrac (2 of them, as usual), Save A Lot, Aldi, Winn Dixie's Liquor Store, Walgreens, and the library. So it's not too bad.
I read last night that Save A Lot is being sold to a Canadian investment group. I wonder what that means for their stores and the way they operate. Maybe we'll get our milk in bags too now? LOL. I hope not.
To Do List (although
not much nothing else will be accomplished since I'll be running errands)
- Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
- Make a lightbox to take better pictures
- Melt down old candles and make into new ones - in progress
- Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two) - I think I'm also going to add "and don't leave your literature either, I'll vote for the other party if you do!"
- Dust the bedrooms (including son's fan) - in progress
- Declutter linen closet
- Clean kitchen cabinets - Partly done
- Declutter the top of the fridge
- Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
- Declutter shelves over printer stand
- Declutter storage bench
- Declutter printer stand
- Clean the fridge
- Declutter gardening supplies chest
Defrost the freezer- scrapped off the top of the ice layer. Will need to defrost the whole thing.
- Sweep/vacuum downstairs bathroom
- Clean entry room front windows
- Put up pictures on Art Room's walls
Sweep litter from upstairs- Done Clean kitten litter boxes- Done
- Post menu for next week
Defrost meat for tonight- Done
- Bake cinnamon raisin cranberry bread
- Bake pumpkin pie
- Make Roselle jelly
- Start watching Photography lectures online (see email)
- Write posts about General Van Fleet Trail and research flora and fauna
- Same with Colt Creek State Park
- Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
- Sign up for ranger hike in local nature preserve at the end of the month
- Go for a walk with my camera - little lake near Downtown Clermont
Drop off pet coupons at SLAL thrift store- Done
- Mail Labels for Education to elementary school
- Go to Ace to get new broom handle for rubber broom and solar rechargeable batteries for the front yard solar lights -need to see which handle would fit.
- Buy Greg a bike
Take kittens to the vet's- Done Grocery shopping- Done
- Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
- Pull the raspberries and add roses in pots in their place
- Add mulch to the vegetable garden once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
- Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
- Plant passion flower vine seeds
- Turn the composting bin
- Harvest the roselles
- Plant wildflower seeds
- Plant seedlings outside
- Measure diameter of feeder "tray" and get new bowl from thrift store
- Add mealworms to tray feeder
- Call gyneco to make annual appointment - I'll do that once I'm more comfortable with my weight because I know they'll be nagging me about it anyway.
- Use recumbent bike
- Do 5 min of strength exercises
- Log food into My Fitness
- Record exercise in Walgreens Balance Rewards
- Weigh myself (Wednesdays)
- Make "puzzle feeders" for the cats - bought one at thrift store today!
Treat Ripple Rug with Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer (once new one comes in)-Done
- See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
- Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
- Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
- Greg to call plumber
- Remind Greg to re-secure chicken wire to AC unit and also to block off opening under front of the house
- Scrub mildew off front of the house (porch, behind bushes, front stairs)
- Install white beadboard in laundry room (will need to measure and purchase)
- Install new stick-on tiles in laundry room (will need to remove ancient ones first)
- Paint laundry room cabinets
- Get Greg to fix/remove rotten wood on front porch
- Make a list of which outlets need to be replaced and call Duke Energy Homewire Protection to schedule appointment
- Ask electrician for estimate on installing outlet on front porch
- Get on flat roof, sweep it, and clean out the front gutter
- Ask Greg to install gutter screens on the front gutter
- Have Greg block the opening in the back fence
- Strengthen BlueTooth transmitter's cord with electric tape (in SUV)
- Pour Drano down the kitchen sink (for maintenance)
- Schedule free in-home estimate with BathFitters - they're calling me every day, sometimes twice a day, even though I had told the sales rep that I didn't like phone calls and to email me instead. I haven't answered the phone because I didn't know it was them the first time, and after listening to their message I was going to call them back, only they called me again the same day and they've been calling me every day since and twice so far today so now they're really pissing me off and I may never call them back. Because I'm ridiculous and juvenile. Ha! I don't like high pressure sales. You left me a message, stop calling me!
- Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
- Scan more old pictures
- Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
- Figure out if we should contribute to regular or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
- Download all blog photos from September to my external drive
- Back up my external drive to my other external drive
- File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
- Purge filing cabinet upstairs
- File paperwork - in progress!
- Write new letter to great grand aunt (include kitten photos)
- Scan what needs to be scanned (if anything)
- Work on photo album for daughter's graduation
- Reply to my French BFF's email
- Start proceedings for deleting Yahoo Mail account
- Replace music on my phone
- Take RaceTrac surveys
- Update Net Worth document
- Install Photoshop Elements 10 on son's PC
Input receipts in spreadsheets- Done Post grocery shopping report- Done
Have a good night!
- I brewed a pot of half caf coffee with the free decaf that I won from Wawa.
- Our son packed a lunch and rode the school bus.
- I perused the new ads for Aldi and Save A Lot online and made adjustments to my shopping list.
- I unlocked new offers on MobiSave and Ibotta.
- At the vet's I asked about the joint supplement in gel form for Male Cat and Mean Kitty and asked if they had a sample we could try first, to make sure they would eat it. They didn't have a sample and a tube was $18.99. I was about to buy it when I read that you shouldn't give it to cats who had had urinary tract blockages without asking your vet about it first. Since Male Cat had repeated blockages several years ago, I had the tech check with today's vet (who isn't the one who saved Male Cat and had told me about this gel). This vet said not to give it to Male Cat and that all their joint supplements are counter-indicated for cats with urinary tract problems. So I asked the tech to ask Male Cat's vet about it (since he's the one who had told us about it but he wasn't in today). She will call me back.
- Ran my errands and went grocery shopping:
- Redeemed a survey reward code for a free apple fritter for my son.
- Found 3 pennies on the ground that no one was picking up. So I did.
- Save A Lot:
- I'm annoyed that their ad shows a bottle of "100% juice" Old Orchard apple juice on sale for 99 cents, but in fact it's the apple juice cocktail that's on sale for 99 cents. Juice cocktail isn't juice. It's very little juice and the rest is water and corn syrup. I left it on the shelf.
- I did find a package of bottom round roast on 50% clearance ($2.49/lb) and also a package of powdered donuts on 50% clearance ($0.75) so I grabbed both.
- I bought a papaya at $0.79/lb (yum!) and grapes at $1.69/lb as well as a can of whipped cream (I need to bake that pumpkin pie!)
- The donuts rang at the full price but I questioned it so the cashier made the adjustment.
- I charged the $12.26 OOP to my USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- I gassed up my SUV at $2.19/gallon (I only needed 1/4 tank), earned loyalty points on my app and a new receipt with which I will get a freebie when taking the survey, and redeemed another survey reward code for a Cinnabon Long John donut for my son (I put it in the fridge, it'll be for tomorrow).
- It wasn't very busy at all, which was nice. However, they were almost out of sliced turkey lunch meat (I got the last package) and hadn't received the Bosc pears that are on sale this week :(
- I did grab several items that weren't on my list: tortilla chips, 2 packages of mini chocolate chips, ricotta cheese, flavored powdered creamer, pudding cups.
- My OOP was $31.23 and I charged it to USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- Dollar Tree:
- I decided to stop by to see if they had any cheap cat toys like those little mice that my kittens like and have hidden somewhere because I can't find them anywhere. They didn't :( But I did get a laser keychain at the register, which I'll use for the kittens. The other laser toy we have is a bit unwieldy to use.
- I did grab 2 large cans of Hanover baked beans, which were cheaper than the same thing at Aldi.
- I also bought generic Mr. Clean sponges (although when I got home I realized that I still had 2 unopened boxes in my cupboard!) and a package of scrubbing sponges.
- I paid for the $5.21 OOP with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- I redeemed my weekly freebie coupon for a roast beef Shorti Hoagie. It was the first time I had one of those and it was... excellent! It looks like it would have cost me $4.69 had I not gotten the coupon so the $5.00 that I invested in a gc in order to qualify for the freebies has definitely paid off, especially since I'll still have the $5 to spend once the freebies are done at the end of the year. I had the hoagie for my lunch, while I was driving around. The bun was actually almost like French bread instead of the soft bread that hoagies are usually made with.
- Winn Dixie Liquor Store:
- Greg was out of whiskey. I always buy it 4 bottles at a time so I can qualify for the 10% off discount with the Winn Dixie Rewards card.
- I also bought him a bottle of eggnog for the end of the year. It's a surprise that he won't know about for several more weeks.
- My OOP was $64.47 and I paid with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- South Lake Animal Thrift Store:
- I dropped off the pet coupons that I had clipped for them.
- I wanted to purchase 2 or 3 more pet carriers for next year, when all the cats are big enough to warrant their own carriers, especially during hurricane season. They didn't have any of the hard cover kind today and I didn't want a soft cover one. So I'll keep going back.
- I did find a more study pooper scooper than the one I had bought at Dollar Tree, and several small toys for cats, as well as another metallic bowl that I'll use as an extra water bowl.
- My OOP was $5.08 and I paid with USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- I had misread my Purex coupons and thought it was $3.00 off ONE 128+oz bottle but it was $3.00/2. Oh well. They only had 2 bottles on the shelf anyway, priced on sale at $5.99 each. So it wasn't such a great deal but I much prefer Purex over other brands so I'm happy. And also I got 10 cents back from MobiSave and submitted my receipt to SavingStar for the "One or Many" offer on Purex, which ends in December, I think.
- I also bought a bag of Trolli sour worms, on sale for $1.50. It'll go to my son. I also received a $1.50 Register Reward for it and I'll use it next week to get a grocery item.
- I was able to use an offer whereby I earned 5 times the amount of Balance Reward points since I had spent more than $10. So I earned 650 BR points today as well as a voucher to earn an additional 4,000 BR points (so $4) if I spend another $15 by 10/26. I will if they restock their Purex shelf!
- My OOP was $11.42 and I charged it to USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards.
- They had emailed me that the Law & Order DVD that I had put on hold yesterday was already waiting for me so I picked it up, along with the new bestseller from Harlan Coben. Nothing will be done for the rest of the week!
- I also found 3 magazines that I was interested in in the donation pile: 2 Woman's World (I flip through those when I'm using the recumbent bike) and another issue of Cook's Illustrated.
- The librarians invited me to participate in a free flower arranging class conducted by our local florist one evening in November. I told them I'd have to check my calendar (as if I was that popular, but you never know what school function might creep up!), but I think I'll go. Update: my calendar seems clear so I emailed them and asked them to sign me up.
- Back home, I documented my trip and put everything away. Two of the kittens came running into the Cat Room and Male Cat tried to play with them, but it didn't quite work. He's still too big and they're a little afraid of him. Still, it's promising!
- My BFF texted me to ask if I wanted to drive down to South Clermont tomorrow morning to wait with her while she is having new tires put on her car. She suggested going to Wawa to grab coffee for $0.79. So I'll splurge on gas to go there (it's about 40 minutes from my house) but I'll get to see her and we'll keep expenses in check. I'll redeem my "Welcome to Wawa Rewards" freebie for a free drink :) I texted her later on tonight to let her know about that offer, in case she didn't know about it.
- Ripple Rug v.2 was delivered today. I set it up in the Cat Room. It's stiffer than the original version that I bought through Amazon (I bought v.2 via the manufacturer website directly), which is actually a good thing because the shapes hold their own much better. Male Cat was inside of it within a couple of minutes, just resting in there. Then Tabby Kitty came running in from the living room and appropriated it. It's definitely kitten heaven, that's for sure. Eventually, Male Cat came back to play with him (laying outside of it and gently trying to play with the kitten who was inside) and New Kitty even stopped by and took a swipe as well. She's not being as nice because Tabby Kitty tried pouncing on her just a few minutes ago and got a beat down for his effort! She didn't hurt him but he got the message that she's bigger and not to be trifled with. I hope the older cats will get to enjoy "their" Ripple Rug! Maybe tonight after the kittens have retired to my bedroom?
|A few minutes later, someone was in there...|
|It's hard to tell but it's Male Cat. He just likes lying down in there.|
|Then he decided to try the part outside of the "tent". So far, it's an expensive piece of carpet remnant!|
|But wait! Who's that who just ran from the living room and dove under the new Ripple Rug?! It's Tabby Kitty to the rescue!|
|Now Male Cat is all "what did I do to deserve this?!"|
|While Tabby Kitty is having a grand old time in there!|
|Finally, Male Cat decides to play with Tabby Kitty by sticking his paw under the top rug and having Tabby Kitty bat at it. So cute!|
|And then tapping the side of the carpet to drive Tabby Kitty wild! But Tabby Kitty is a little leery of Male Cat because he's so much bigger.|
|Hellooooo? Is anyone in there?!|
|New Kitty shows up, finally, and sticks her head in.|
|Tabby Kitty sure loves the new Ripple Rug!|
- I tracked all of our expenses in my spreadsheets.
- My son found the $150 gift card that he had earned in the Teen Video Contest earlier this year so he gave it to me, I activated it, and transferred the money to his savings account. So now I have yet another gift card in my wallet that I need to use after the 10% Rewards offer on my USAA Visa has expired (11/15). I have so many gift cards to use up, it's not even funny. I wish they would just give us a check instead of the dumb Visa gift cards! I guess I'll use mine for whatever I still need to get for Christmas after 11/15.
- I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits and a few Swagbucks.
- For dinner I made chicken burgers and served the leftover pasta from a couple of nights ago as a side dish. Have you noticed that I haven't cooked any vegetables in a few days? I'm just not in a cooking mood this week. My daughter ate the rest of her Chinese food lunch for dinner, which allowed me to keep a chicken burger for Greg's lunch tomorrow.
- Vet visit for the kittens
|In the examining room, Princess went to explore a little. The boys preferred to stay in the carrier. I used the big one today since they've doubled in size since their last trip there a month ago!|
- Gas for running errands
- Gas and tolls for my daughter and her BFF to drive to UCF to take a campus tour
- I also gave her $5 for the parking fee and told her to charger her lunch to my Discover card.
- Another bag of kitten food because I wanted to be one full bag ahead.
- A few cat toys from the thrift store (and a laser toy from Dollar Tree) for the kittens.
- Greg's stock of cheap whiskey (and I also got him a St Nicolas gift. Shh, it's a bottle of boozy eggnog. He'll get it on 12/6).
- Once again I didn't have any leftovers to pack for Greg's lunch so I told him to buy lunch. Once was a splurge, but two days in a row is certainly a frugal failure!
- Discover emailed me right away when my daughter bought lunch. I had told her to buy a "cheap" lunch and warned her not to go to Cheesecake Factory this time (since she was going to be in the general vicinity of it), so when I got a receipt for $18, I was pissed. When questioned about it, she confirmed what I had suspected, that she had bought lunch for her BFF too because she assumed that I meant that I was buying lunch for the both of them. WTF?! We're already paying for the gas and tolls for the BFF to get to UCF (my daughter had already taken the tour but her friend hadn't and she wanted to go with her but the BFF doesn't have a car...) and I'm a little tired of my daughter assuming things when she's using my credit card. Like when she had asked me if she her and BFF could go out to lunch on her birthday and I had said yes because I thought she had meant Burger King but then they went to Cheesecake Factory and the bill for the two of them was over $60! Greg and I didn't spend $60 on HIS birthday lunch and he had two beers included in the bill. Grrr. As soon as she starts getting regular paychecks from Disney, I'm taking back my credit card and then she can charge the things she wants to HER debit card and if it's something that I was going to pay for, I'll write her a check.
- Kitten duty
- Cooked Greg's breakfast
- Worked on shopping list
- Took the kittens to the vet's and brought them home
- Sorted my coupons
- Ran errands and did grocery shopping
- Dropped off pet coupons at South Lake Animal League Thrift Store
- Picked up library materials
- Fed kittens
- Texted with my BFF and Greg
- Texted with my daughter
- Submitted receipts for rebates
- Watched the cats interact with each other and the new Ripple Rug and chatted with Youngest Son
- Input receipts in spreadsheets
- Scheduled a bill payment
- Activated gift card and transferred money to my son's account
- Published grocery shopping post
- Watched the cats play
- Cooked dinner
- Provided nap support for a kitten
- The kittens are healthy and lean: Tabby Kitty is 2.2 lbs, Explorer is 2.0 lbs and Princess is 1.9 lbs. Me? I didn't get on the scale. Lalalalalalala, I can't hear you...
- That the kittens have been declared "very healthy" by the vet's and that they did well with their first shots.
- That my daughter had a safe trip to UCF and back.
- That the Law & Order DVDs made it to my library from the other side of the county so quickly!
|My daughter snapped this one of the boys, napping on the big cat tree, while I was out shopping this morning.|
|Explorer really would like to play with Male Cat but is hesitant...|
|We all need a role model! "There, I'll show you how to lie down in the sunbeam!"|
|The kittens loved their new toys from the thrift store and played with them as soon as I put them on the ground!|
|It's been a tiring day for them and they napped for a very long time this afternoon. They'll probably be up all night now!|