|Credit: Pinterest via Google Images|
The futon mattress had completely dried up by the time I wanted to go to sleep (I had saturated it with Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer) so I threw the comforter that had just dried outside on it, without even turning it over. I took the kittens upstairs at 10 p.m., bid them goodnight, and then was able to relax with my book. I'm really not into it so I read only one or two chapters before giving up and letting Morpheus take me away.
I woke up at 8 a.m. and got the kittens who were busy playing right away. Greg had talked about going fishing (I had told him I didn't want to go. I've been resting my feet for several days and I'm finally at the point where my heel doesn't hurt anymore) but he slept in and when he got up, he didn't feel like doing anything but read. So we spent the morning with the windows open and classical music playing, each of us reading our library books, with the kittens jumping around and sometimes taking naps on us. It was lovely.
He decided to go fishing after all and left after eating lunch. I did a lot of dishes and then went back to reading my book until 2:30 p.m. The temperature is up to 80F in the living room but I don't care, it actually feel nice with a soft breeze blowing from time to time. I finished my John Sandford book and it wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be.
I'm torn between wanting to be outside since the weather is gorgeous and wanting to remain indoors with my funny and cuddly kittens. I picked the kittens since, soon enough, they'll become full-grown cats who will ignore me and won't be as funny to observe. Having the windows open is almost the same thing as being outdoors, right?!
I ended up staying indoors with 2 kittens taking a nap on me and got started on my other library book, "The Trespasser" by Tana French. Greg got home without a fish but with a nice haircut and did some reading and kitten cuddling and nap supporting himself, while our son was cuddling with the older cats and playing video games. We all had a very relaxing day, which was very nice!
- Brewed a pot of half caf coffee with the free decaf won from Wawa (I think I'll finish it tomorrow so you won't have to be reading that again!)
- My daughter went to her 2nd day of training at Walt Disney World today and is going to her dad's for a few days, from there. She won't be back until Tuesday and he'll be feeding her this weekend. He'll also refund me for the gas and tolls for her to get there.
- Lunch was the leftover angel hair pasta from last night. I had left the "empty" jar of marinara sauce upside down overnight so I dumped the rest of the content into the leftovers before heating them up. I also got 5 frozen meatballs from the freezer and heated them up too.
- I ran a very full load of dishes in the dishwasher. I have another load that will need to be run tonight.
- The pharmacy called to see if I needed any refills for my son's acne medication so I ordered 2 refills. I will pay the co-pays with our Health FSA card (the money was already set aside, tax free)
- I finished reading my library book that's due on Tuesday. It ended up being better than I expected from the first couple of chapters, although it's far from being a favorite. It was also very predictable.
- I earned the daily Bing Rewards credits and a few Swagbucks. I qualified for a SB survey for 60 SB so I met my 1st Daily Goal.
- Greg got a haircut at Great Clips (finally!) and paid with the prepaid card that allow us to spend only $9.99 per haircut (vs. $14 full price) and since the card was bought last year, it cost us anything out of pocket this year :)
- I had an offer in my Swagbucks inbox for 30 SB on 11/11 if I printed 30 coupons through their link so I did. There were only 18 coupons that semi-interested me, so I printed another 20 pet coupons that I'll pass on to the South Lake Animal League thrift store. If they get used, they'll earn me 10 SB per coupon so it's win-win!
- My daughter was provided with a free pair of shoes for her job at Walt Disney World. I can't wait to see her costume when she gets it!
- Even though we picked up dinner from Burger King (a splurge), I made sure to order the 2 Whopper Meals for $10 and a chicken sandwich meal for our son. When the cashier announced the total was $23 and some change, I questioned her because it should have been just $17 and change plus tax. So then she charged me $15 and change. But when I looked at my receipt, she had charged me for 2 Whopper Meals at full cost and there was no sign of the chicken sandwich meal. She called the manager over who said they had already charged my credit card (USAA Visa for 10% back in Rewards) so she would just give me the chicken sandwich meal since they had already cooked it, and call it even. So that's how I ended up saving about $2 and change.
- Greg and I enjoyed more episodes of "That 70's Show" on Netflix after dinner.
- My daughter charged her cafeteria lunch to my credit card. I have already told her that, moving forward, she'll need to pack a lunch or pay for her own lunches as each time it's $9.00.
- $2 for the tip to the hairdresser
- Greg bought more fishing hooks and also ammunition for hunting season
- Gas for Greg to go fishing(he didn't catch anything)
- Dinner! We went to pick up food from Burger King.
- The dinner splurge is actually a dinner failure since we've already spent a horrendous amount of money eating out this month. Oh well!
- Fed the kittens
- Read a book
- Ran the dehumidifier in the downstairs bathroom
- Did a load of dishes
- Defrosted meat for tonight and tomorrow
- Refilled son's prescriptions
- Earned reward points
- Provided nap support for kitten
- Read a book
- Provided more nap support for kittens
- Went to pick up dinner
- Watched a show with Greg
- Cleaned the kitten's litter boxes
- Right now my foot doesn't hurt, my elbow doesn't hurt and my palm doesn't hurt either so I'm happy with that!
- That I'm pain-free today
- That I got to spend a very relaxing day at home with my family and kittens
- That I didn't have to cook today, woohoo!