Monday, October 31, 2016

This Week's Dinner Plans


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...


MONDAY:  Zuppa Toscana and Homemade Rolls
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: potatoes, red pepper flakes, condensed milk
  • From the fridge: turkey breakfast sausage roll, Better Than Bouillon, homemade bread dough
  • Need to harvest: kale
  • Need to make in advance:  bake rolls
  • Need to buy: nothing

TUESDAY:  Zucchini cakes, White Rice, Balsamic Pork Scaloppini
  • From the freezer: pork chops
  • From the pantry: vegetable oil, white rice, balsamic vinegar, diced pimentos
  • From the fridge: zucchini, eggs, homemade bread crumbs
  • Need to harvest: nothing 
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

WEDNESDAY: Lentils with Smoked Sausage and Carrots
  • From the freezer: turkey smoked sausage
  • From the pantry:  EVOO, onion, lentils, salt, bay leaf, thyme
  • From the fridge: minced garlic, carrots, Better Than Bouillon Beef
  • Need to harvest: parsley
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

THURSDAY: Green Chile Pork Stew with Roasted Acorn Squash and Corn Bread
  • From the freezer: pork loin roast, spinach, corn bread
  • From the pantry: can of white beans, diced green chiles, EVOO, ground cumin, acorn squash
  • From the fridge: carrots, 
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy:  nothing

FRIDAY: Tuna Patties, Salad
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: cans of tuna, vegetable oil, bread crumbs
  • From the fridge: eggs, shredded cheese, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, black olives
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy:  cucumber

SATURDAY:  Southwestern Chicken Stew, Homemade Bread
  • From the freezer: chicken breasts
  • From the pantry:  can of corn, 2 cans black beans
  • From the fridge: homemade bread dough
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  bake rolls, **crockpot recipe**
  • Need to buy:  salsa

SUNDAY: Cheeseburgers and Roasted Potatoes
  • From the freezer: ground beef
  • From the pantry:  hamburger buns, potatoes, vegetable oil
  • From the fridge: cheese slices, condiments
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  peel and cut potatoes
  • Need to buy: nothing

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

6 comments:

  1. Another week of yummy meals! My daughter made Zuppa Toscana a week ago, but I've never made it, myself. She said she used half and half instead of the cream. The condensed milk you use - is it the regular sweetened condensed milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I meant to say "evaporated" milk and not condensed. Thanks for catching this, even though you didn't realize I was wrong! I love that recipe. I rarely follow it to the letter as I don't always have the kale or the spicy sausage they recommend. I have used a variety of different greens and sausages, and even type of potatoes and it's always delicious!

      Delete
    2. I did wonder if you meant evaporated milk, because otherwise, it might be rather sweet, but thought I'd verify. Thanks for clarifying. :)

      Delete
  2. I am working on our menus and just added the Balsamic Pork Scaloppini to our plan for tomorrow night. I typically make a plan every 4 or 5 days so that I can use up whatever needs to go and also cater to family requests/ cravings. I do not have the pimentos or green onion on hand but will improvise. Thanks for the idea, this sounds very good!!

    Plans for the rest of the week:

    T - Balsamic Pork, Riced Garlic Cauliflower, Roasted Asparagus, Homemade Crustless Pumpkin Pie
    W - Leftovers of the above meal or Snacky Dinner if no leftovers (Deviled Eggs, Cheese or Nut Butter with Crackers, Carrot/ Celery/ Pepper with hummus, Cut Apples/ Bananas/ Pears with Vanilla Yogurt to dip, if not these are great lunch options for us)
    Th - Breakfast for dinner - Scrambled eggs with cheese, spinich, onion and sausage, pumpkin pancakes and sliced honey crisp apples (need oj)
    F - Homemade cheese pizza, carrot/ celery sticks with hummus, sliced honeycrisp apples and clementines


    Saryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saryn, hi did you like the balsamic pork scallopini? I ended up switching tonight and tomorrow night's dinners around since I had forgotten to defrost my pork chops. Oops!

      Hmm, I love that you're having breakfast for dinner! I'll have to remember to add that to my menu for next week since Greg will be on a business trip and it's an inside joke now that the only reason why I'm happy he's gone is that we can have breakfast for dinner and eat at whatever time we (well, I) want. He's not a fan of breakfast for dinner.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. We did enjoy it but I though it was not very flavorful. I did add garlic powder to my dredging flour, but it flet like it was a bit flat. It definitely does have potential and I will be playing around with the recipe, thank you!

    Thank being said, my family inhaled it and there are no leftovers

    Saryn

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!