Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Too Tired To Do Anything ~ Tuesday 10/11/16



So I took the kittens to my bedroom at 10 p.m. last night and left them there.  The guilt, oh the guilt, was enormous (Get a grip! They're just cats! But they're baby cats!) but what a relief to spend the night free of them. Well, not entirely because I dreamed of them all night, lol.

I went to get them as soon as I heard my son get up this morning right before 6:15 a.m.  They were all huddled together, on top of the duvet, in the middle of my bed and were as excited to see me as I was to see them.  It was a little hard corralling them to take them downstairs as they wanted to play.

Then, downstairs, I thought they'd come cuddle with me but no.  They got busy eating (I don't think they ate anything while they were upstairs) and running around. We've been up for over an hour and no kitten has crawled up on my lap yet. Success? Well, I'm in mourning, lol.

Another cool morning for us, I've already, at 7:30 a.m., opened the sliding door window for the cats to enjoy sniffing the outdoors. Once again the backyard is quiet, but the sun isn't fully up yet.

Greg is having breakfast and will go to work soon.   I've got to be more productive than I was yesterday, I suppose, but I also want to go enjoy the backyard.  I'm going to be parking myself on a patio chairs with my coffee, my camera, and my library book pretty shortly.  Oh, a two three purring kittens just appeared on the couch next to me. OK, so maybe not so soon.

Still, sigh, here is my Dreaded To Do List:

  • Crafty/Creative:
    • Finish painting squirrel sign and assemble it
    • Make a lightbox to take better pictures
    • Melt down old candles and make into new ones - in progress
    • Make "No Soliciting" sign for front door and another one for the other front door (we have two) - I really need to do this or buy one because I had a bag (a whole bag!) of political pamphlets hanging from my door knob yesterday.  I think I'm also going to add "and don't leave your literature either, I'll vote for the other party if you do!"
  • Cleaning/Decluttering:
    • Dust the bedrooms (including son's fan) - in progress
    • Declutter linen closet
    • Clean kitchen cabinets - Partly done
    • Declutter the top of the fridge
    • Mend items in mending basket (add Greg's hat)
    • Declutter shelves over printer stand 
    • Declutter storage bench 
    • Clean the fridge
    • Declutter gardening supplies chest
    • Defrost the freezer - scrapped off the top of the ice layer. Will need to defrost the whole thing.
    • Sweep/vacuum downstairs bathroom
    • Do the dishes (Monday and Tuesday)
    • Clean entry room front windows
    • Put up pictures on Art Room's walls
    • Clean downstairs bathroom
    • Clean kittens' litter boxes (all 3)
    • Clean my walking shoes
  • Cooking/Baking/Preserving:
    • Post menu for next week 
    • Defrost meat for tonight -Done 
    • Bake Fall summer cake
    • Bake cinnamon raisin cranberry bread
    • Bake pumpkin pie
    • Make Roselle jelly
    • Make lemon poppyseed bread in breadmaker
  • Education
    • Follow up with son about driving handbook studying
    • Follow up with son about Optimist Club essay 
    • Give my  son a check for the 9th grade dues - Done
    • Follow up on FBLA
    • Start watching Photography lectures online (see email)
    • Write posts about general van fleet trail and research flora and fauna
    • Same with Colt Creek State Park
  • Entertainment
    • Plan an outing to Leu Botanical gardens or Bok Tower Gardens
    • Sign up for ranger hike in local nature preserve at the end of the month
    • Go for a walk with my camera - little lake near Downtown Clermont
    • Ask Greg if want to go to Wings and wildflower festival then Lake Griffin Park? Or Lake Harris? I did and he was non-committal.
  • Errands:
    • Take items to the dump
    • Drop off pet coupons at SLAL thrift store
    • Drop off Labels for Education at elementary school - Will mail instead.
    • Go to Ace to get new broom handle for rubber broom and solar rechargeable batteries for the front yard solar lights -need to see which handle would fit.
    • Order walking shoes from Kohl's
    • Buy Greg a bike
    • Buy another pair of plantar fasciitis insoles
  • Gardening/outdoors:
    • Transplant ferns into bare patch in front lawn to make shady planter
    • Scrub patio pavers with bleach to remove mildew (this might have to wait until the months when it's not quite so hot!)
    • Pull the raspberries and add roses in pots in their place
    • Add mulch to the vegetable garden once I have replaced the broken self-watering bins
    • Pull unwanted plants from center "planter" in the backyard, add soil, plant flowers, add edging around it (watch out for large roots that would be in the way). Make planter with other materials if edging doesn't work. (this will have to wait until Fall when it's not so hot and when I can plant wildflower seeds).
    • Plant passion flower vine seeds
    • Turn the composting bin
    • Harvest the roselles
    • Plant wildflower seeds!
    • Refill rest of cat litter jugs at rainbarrel 
    • Move all pots back in place
  • Health:
    • Call gyneco to make annual appointment - I'll do that once I'm more comfortable with my weight because I know they'll be nagging me about it anyway.
    • Use recumbent bike 
    • Do 5 min of strength exercises 
    • Log food into My Fitness Pal 
    • Record exercise in Walgreens Balance Rewards
    • Weigh myself (Wednesdays) 
  • Kittens/Cats
  • Maintenance:
    • See if I still have mildew-resistant white paint for bathroom ceiling
    • Get Greg to replace the ceiling tile in the entry room
    • Test the batteries in all 3 smoke detectors and replace as needed
    • Greg to call plumber
    • Wash the bathroom ceiling with bleached water
    • Remind Greg to re-secure chicken wire to AC unit and also to block off opening under front of the house
    • Scrub mildew off front of the house (porch, behind bushes, front stairs)
    • Install white beadboard in laundry room (will need to measure and purchase)
    • Install new stick-on tiles in laundry room (will need to remove ancient ones first)
    • Paint laundry room cabinets
    • Get Greg to fix/remove rotten wood on front porch
    • Make a list of which outlets need to be replaced and call Duke Energy Homewire Protection to schedule appointment
    • Ask electrician for estimate on installing outlet on front porch
    • Ask Greg to make me new tiled table for electric roaster on front porch
    • Get on flat roof, sweep it, and clean out the front gutter
    • Ask Greg to install gutter screens on the front gutter
    • Have Greg block the opening in the back fence
    • Strengthen BlueTooth transmitter's cord with electric tape (in SUV) 
  • Technology/Paperwork:
    • Caption old pictures that have already been scanned
    • Scan more old pictures
    • Create spreadsheet to track IRA contributions using ALL our old tax returns - Started but need to do more research.
    • Figure out if we should contribute to regular  or Roth IRAs for 2016 and fund them - I guess I need to wait until tax time next year, actually. I'll have until April 15, 2017 to fund 2016 IRAs so I need to work on taxes way sooner than I did this year so I'd have time to fund the IRAs and THEN file my taxes.
    • Download all blog photos from June through August to my external drive
    • Back up my external drive to my other external drive
    • File the remaining loose recipes that I organized already in appropriate recipe binders
    • Purge filing cabinet upstairs
    • File paperwork - in progress!
    • Write new letter to great grand aunt (include kitten photos)
    • Go through the genealogical material crate
    • Scan what needs to be scanned (if anything)
    • Work on photo album for daughter's graduation
    • Reply to my French BFF's email
    • Start proceedings for deleting Yahoo Mail account
    • Compare genealogy family sheet (see email inbox) with what I have in my database
    • Replace music on my phone
    • Clip coupons I printed 
    • Sort the coupons 
    • Take RaceTrac surveys 
    • Work on shopping list - Done
    • Update Net Worth document
    • Record receipts in spreadsheets 
    • Install Photoshop Elements 10 on son's PC
    • Put everything back in its place in the house - in progress
    • Reconnect external drive - Done
    • Install new wifi adapter on son's PC - Done
    • Reply to my mom's email - Done
By 7:55 am, I was ensconced on the patio with my bowl of generic rice crispies (I added dehydrated apple pieces to it) and the rest of my stuff. It wasn't that hard to leave the kittens again: they were very wild and bite-y. And then they looked like they were going to sleep on the new cat tree. I think they're going feral, lol.

We have rain in be forecast for noon so that should help my productivity. I do want to exercise today, do the dishes, clean the downstairs bathroom, put things back in their proper place. 

There were bird calls when I came out but no birds to be seen. I hope this changes soon. The sky is really cloudy.


Vincas that reseeded themselves in between the patio pavers (and I have lots more!)

It started drizzling too soon so I had to go back indoors. I started reading a library book on my Kindle, and then two kittens crawled on me and fell asleep and then so did I!  It wasn't even noon!

My daughter woke up up at 11:45 a.m. by coming in to say hi before she took her shower and went to her class. After that, I was engrossed by the kittens and the weather was very gray and overcast all day and I had the classical music going on and my book was good and I felt tired and groggy because of the nap... so I just played with the kittens and read all day.  I did a minimum amount of tasks at about 5 p.m. but that's pretty much it!

My mom was commenting on how tired the change in weather is making her and how she had to take naps and I found myself doing the same thing. Like mother, like daughter, I guess :)


FRUGAL SUCCESSES
  • Late last night, I was able to request a free full-size bottle of Degree for Men Dry Antiperspirant from Walmart!  If I do get it, it would be the 3rd or 4th one that we received. I give those to Greg to use at the gym.

  • I brewed a pot of half caf coffee made with the free decaf coffee won from Wawa.

  • I packed Greg a lunch (sandwich, pretzels, yogurt, Diet Dr. Pepper - we didn't have any leftovers).

  • Our son packed a lunch to take to school and rode the school bus.

  • From the freezer, I've pulled some more chocolate chip pumpkin bread for my son's snack (and I need to stay away from it!) and a pie crust patty along with some pumpkin purée to make pumpkin pie for Greg.

  • Dinner will be one of the containers that I defrosted yesterday, I'm thinking pulled pork sandwiches and baked beans (canned).

  • I finished a library book on my Kindle and then borrowed 3 more! I now have 4 library books on my Kindle so I expect I might not get much done at all this week :)


  • I uploaded some new Cartwheel offers, including one for 25% off berries.  I might just have to go to Target tomorrow in the hope that the strawberries are Driscoll's this time!


  • CVS emailed me a $2 coupon off "health products" which was actually for feminine products. I uploaded it to my app.


  • My son was again having problems connecting to the internet so, after much trouble (have I mentioned how I hate Windows 10?), I was finally able to install the new wi-fi adapter on his PC and now I'm hoping his connection will be better and faster (he did say that it does seem a little faster. It should be 3 times faster).


  • My daughter surprised me with a free bagel from Panera!  She redeemed her "free bagel a day" reward for me out of the blue. How sweet was that?!  And on the day I was craving carbs like crazy!

  • Dinner was indeed pulled pork sandwiches and baked beans. I packed leftovers for Greg's lunch and there's still enough pulled pork for 2 more sandwiches.  It's been so nice to be able to defrost something and not actually cook!  I might have to cook more freezer meals in the future...


SPLURGES
  • Gas for my daughter to drive to her college class today.

  • $10 to my son for "9th grade dues". I wish they would explain what those dues consist of but it's $10 and I was too tired to argue today so I just gave him the check.


FAILURES
  • Hmm, nothing monetary.  I didn't go anywhere or spend anything.

  • However, I didn't exercise and I stuffed my face all day. Yes, I did. I might avoid the scale tomorrow. 


ACCOMPLISHMENTS
  • Fed the kittens
  • Cooked Greg's breakfast
  • Packed him a lunch
  • Defrosted ingredients to bake a pie
  • Defrosted pumpkin bread
  • Tried to do some birdwatching but the birds didn't cooperate
  • Cuddled with the kittens
  • Read a library book or two
  • Replied to my mom's email
  • Installed my son's Wifi connector
  • Reconnected my wifi external drive
  • Put some stuff back in its place
  • Kitten time again!
  • Got dinner ready for the family
  • Leafed through a catalog and earmarked some Christmas presents I want to get
  • Put leftovers away
  • Took down the recycling to the curb for tomorrow morning's early collection
  • Polled the family about their needs for my shopping list tomorrow.

GRATITUDE
  • That my husband doesn't begrudge me a 2nd day of not doing much at all!
  • For a mid-morning nap with the kittens
  • For my daughter's generosity this afternoon
  • For my son chatting with me after school today as we played and cuddled with the kittens

KITTEN FIX
Because you know that's the only reason why you come here anymore...


All three were using the new cat tree this morning







14 comments:

  1. With so much kitten cuteness around, I don't know how you get anything else done. I know I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't try too hard, lol. This afternoon Princess was desperate to be with me or on me at all times. We spent the night apart and then I went shopping most of the morning. It was so cute to see her so happy for me to sit on the couch, finally!

      Delete
  2. LOL. The kittens really are incredibly cute! :)
    That was really sweet of your daughter to bring you the bagel. :)
    The past 2 days have not been as productive as I would have liked them to be. I haven't been sleeping well lately and caffeine seems to only get me so far these days. :(
    I know what you mean about the freezer meals. I unintentionally made some freezer meals and have been pulling things out of my freezer lately that have been making my evenings a breeze when it comes time to put food on the table.
    I am off to bed early tonight (hopefully) to make up for some lost sleep. My kiddos had 3 friends sleep over this weekend and I am still recovering. It was actually a favor to my friend who asked me if I would have her 3 kids stay over cause she and her husband had something they needed to do. We turned the event into a birthday party for my daughter who was beyond delighted! As part of the party fun the kids and I all made a gigantic pile of leaves and had the time of our lives jumping in them. My husband and I combined our (lack of) artistic abilities and drew a big minion on a piece of cardboard and colored it and the kids all had a blast playing "Pin the eye on the minion", among several other games. haha. It was fun, but exhausting.
    Hope you have a good night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a good mom and friend! The kids must have had a blast! I hope you were able to get some rest!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you are feeling tired, but happy that you were able to rest and take it easy. But you still got quite a lot done! Now you have me craving bagels!

    Thank you for posting the link to those puzzle cat feeders. I forwarded the link to my daughter and we are thinking of making one for Dancer. :)

    Hope you have a productive day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let us know how Dancer likes the one your daughter makes!
      I was thinking about trying the mouse.

      Delete
  4. Truly come to read your entire post and enjoy the updates! . But those kittens are so darn cute !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes, they are. Right now two of them are rubbing against my face and purring and angling for the best spot on me where to take a nap... all I ask is that they let me use my arms so I can reply to my comments :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you got some rest! It seems like the kitten were fine with their separation so hopefully a good night's sleep can be yours, more or less, from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all surviving the separation but I think they miss me as much as I miss them. I can't wait to get them up in the mornings, LOL! And right now two of them can't get enough of me. It's like having my own fur stole :)

      Delete
  6. I'm liking the "PS, don't leave your dang literature because I'll vote for the opposition without reading it" option! HA!

    Thanks for the reminder, I need a "no soliciting" sign, and FAST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, darn it. I missed the boat on that one, should have made some to sell on Etsy or something!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Every once in a while, one of the partners of the firm bring in bagels...we really love them on those days. There's just something to be said for free carbs improving morale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely better than free beatings (because "beatings will continue until the morale improves" is actually frowned upon nowadays, I suppose!)

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!