Monday, November 14, 2016

Day Book: Monday 11/14/16



Outside my window... it's overcast but cool (67 F) and birds are chirping. No birds at my feeders, though. It's 9:00 a.m.

I am thinking... that I'm kind of sick of Blogger to keep on changing font sizes on me because of their broken-ass HTML coding.

I am thankful for... the time Greg and I spent together yesterday.

From the learning rooms... Just read that the high school progress reports will only be available online this time around, no more printed reports.  My son has to make sure he gets the assignments that he will be missing next Monday and Tuesday in advance. I did secure an excused absence for him for those 2 days.  They are the two days to make up for the days missed during Hurricane Matthew's threat to the area, but he and Greg will be driving to Columbus OH for Thanksgiving and the "service" for Greg's dad.  He also is scheduled to take that preliminary "Drugs and Alcohol" class this week that is required before he can take the permit exam after his 15th birthday. Only I still haven't heard if the class will definitely be held. At last count only 4 students had pre-registered for it and they need a minimum of 6 students.  I just emailed the person responsible for coordinating the class, I hope she replies. I'm not sure what's up with my daughter's classes this week.  I also need to ask her about her shifts next weekend.  As for me, I'm scheduled to attend a flower arranging class at the library this Thursday evening. We'll see if I make it. I want to support my local library so I should go.

From the kitchen... a few dishes but mostly, I need to get the crockpot started.  I'll make the Chinese Pork Roast that we like.

I am wearing... my PJs

I am creating... a lot of stress for myself

I am going... possibly to the library to return my book. I will bike there. If not, I'll ask my son to return it tonight when he goes to volunteer.

I am reading... I just finished "Night School" by Lee Child last night.  I think I'll read "Echo Park" by Michael Connelly next.

I am hoping... that Middle Son contacts me about the charge to my credit card for his website. I've asked him to, just a few minutes ago.

I am hearing... the two male kittens running around upstairs on the landing and now coming down the stairs. They've been pretty wild this morning so far and I'm not coping with it well. Lots of birds chirping throughout the neighborhood. It's like a marketplace out there!  Princess is watching a few of them flying overhead from the front living room window.

Around the house... My daughter is still asleep (she worked late and is working late again tonight). The laundry has been started. The kittens are being naughty and destructive.

One of my favorite things... my bike.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Watering my garden because it's dry, dry, dry. Cleaning the cats' litter boxes. Ooohh, exciting. Grocery shopping of course. I need to get a birthday card for my great aunt and mail it to her.  On Thursday evening, I am scheduled to attend the Flower Arranging Class at my local library. My brother from Paris will be streaming his live concert this Friday afternoon so I plan on watching that. Greg and Noah will be leaving for Ohio next weekend.

No comments: