Friday, November 4, 2016

Food Waste Friday



I thought I was going to be triumphant this morning and announce that I didn't have ANY food waste this past week and then....


  • I had to compost 2.5 lbs of Klondike Rose potatoes this morning because they had rotten in the bag. It's my fault, I should have used them up much faster.  As a matter of fact, I had them on the menu for this upcoming Sunday night.








    • I ate 2 apples that had brown spots on them before I had to compost them.

    • I used up a cup of plain yogurt that had been at the bottom of my fridge for several weeks by baking Yogurt Corn Bread in the breadmaker this morning.

    • We ate all the leftovers this week.
    I'd love to hear how YOU did this week! Feel free to post links back to your own Food Waste Friday posts in the comments.


    This post was inspired by Kristen at The Frugal Girlwho started blogging about her food waste back in 2008.

    5 comments:

    1. Just wanted to let you know that I am not receiving your emails again. Not just you - any blogs that I follow by email are not coming in any more. It's been at least 3 to 4 days now. I assume it is Feedburner again? Just FYI. Ranee (MN)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Ranee! Thanks for the heads up. I just checked Feedburner and everything seems fine on my end. This might be a dumb question but did you see that I don't post every night anymore? I decided to go a weekly update this week (to be posted tomorrow night), even though I still posted a Day Book on Monday and a grocery shopping post on Wednesday on top of today's Food Waste Friday post.

        Also, another dumb question, but if you're not getting emails from other blogs as well, did you check your spam folder?

        Sorry I couldn't help :( I hope all is well with you otherwise!

        Delete
      2. Yep - knew you changed your posts. Also checked spam folder. No dice. I didn't think it was on your end as I follow several via email and zip on all accounts. So it is likely Feedburner. It has surprised me that no one else has indicated the same problem (those who follow blogs via email). Oh well - I will just keep looking up the ones I remember or follow via other blogs. Thanks and I hope it gets fixed by Feedburner. Ranee

        Delete
    2. I had a save by roasting brussel sprouts this week just in the nick of time. Good thing, too. Rotting brussel sprouts stink even more than fresh brussel sprouts. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oooh, good job! I have a pound of Brussels Sprouts in my fridge and I plan on trying a new-to-me crockpot recipe for them next week "Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Thyme, and Raisins". Interesting... I might skip the raisins.

        Delete

    Anything you'd like to add? Share away!