Sunday, December 25, 2016

Day Book: Christmas Day ~ 12/25/16


I know it's Sunday but we have to wait until this afternoon to open presents so I'm twiddling my thumbs right now...

Outside my window... it's 9:00 a.m. and the sun finally is peeking from behind the clouds. It's going to be 81F/27C here today.  I don't have the windows open though, and the cats miss it. They look restless.

I am thinking... that despite it being Christmas morning, it feels just like another morning since we won't be opening presents until my daughter comes home from her shift at the Grand Floridian, probably around 3:30 p.m.

I am thankful for... all the presents I'll be getting this afternoon, and the emails from various French family members received this morning.

From the learning rooms... we're all on vacation!  I think my son has some homework this holiday season, though.

From the kitchen... we had our buffet last night but I made wayyyy too much food for 3 people. Next year, I have got to scale it down.  So on the good news front, we have tons of leftovers for today and, hopefully, beyond.  I also have, however, a sink of dirty dishes that I don't feel like dealing with right now.

I am wearing... my nightgown, still.

I am creating... I'd like to say holiday memories but we always do the same thing so I'm not so sure it's very memorable.

I am going... to be watching Lords of the Rings, extended edition, with director's comments enabled, with Greg, for the next few days. Our Christmas tradition, although it'll be the first time we watch it with the director's comments. I have a feeling I'm going to find this annoying.

I am reading... blogs, although no one is posting so I'm trying to find new blogs and read past entries.

I am hoping... that my daughter has a good day at work and comes home safely this afternoon.

I am hearing... the Swinging Christmas radio station playing on Pandora and two of the kittens playing with their tunnel at my feet.

Around the house... Greg still isn't feeling good. He feels hot a lot, although he doesn't feel like he has a temp, so I have the AC set to 72F! My throat is hurting too but not too bad.  Our son is still asleep. The cats are either sleeping or playing, depending on the age group :)

One of my favorite things... opening Christmas presents with my family!



A few plans for the rest of the week... well... watching LOTR will take a lot of time.  I don't have any plans beyond that!  We'll probably take some walks if Greg feels better. I'd like to do some reading too, as I have some library books on my Kindle that I should read before they expire.

I hope Santa was good to you! Have a good week!