Another foggy morning and another morning when I drove my son and the 2 kids from the other bus stop to school, since the bus was over 10 minutes late. At least today I got them there before the 1st bell. It was busier getting out of the school and yes, an idiot mother with a cross hanging from her rearview mirror cut me off in traffic without putting on her blinker and then looked at me like "what are you gonna do about it?!" If I had done what I wanted to do, I'd be in jail. The scary part is that this woman, who just dropped off her kid at school, is or was in charge of teaching said child to drive. And I just know that her hypocritical ass will insist on her kid using blinkers, staying safe, and looking over his/her shoulder twice before merging in traffic... and never EVER cut off anyone else. I really hate hypocrites.
I didn't want this episode to ruin my morning so, since we were stuck in a long line to get out of the parking lot, I turned the bluetooth adapter in my car and paired my phone and listened to part of a jazz concert in which Oldest Son played a couple of years ago. That did the trick and distracted me from road rage and made time go by a little faster too.
When I got home, Greg had cooked his own breakfast (since I had gotten everything ready for it, he just had to pour the eggs into the pan and press "on" on the toaster oven). He drove my SUV to work again today and my daughter and I will go pick up his truck when it's ready. She had made plans to take Youngest Son Christmas shopping again this afternoon, but I need to remind her that she needs to be on hand for me to get the truck by 5 p.m.!
Reply to my mom's email
- Make butternut squash soup and freeze (make sure I have proper containers)
- Write Xmas cards
- Mail Xmas cards
- Sweep/mop kitchen
- Dust the Cat Room
- Sweep or vacuum the Cat Room
- Clean the windows in the Cat Room
- Fold the laundry
- Put away the laundry
- Clean the downstairs bathroom toilet bowl
- Wrap some presents
- Unload and reload dishwasher
Refill pineapple jars and water indoor seedlings
- Make Dr appointment for son's annual check-up
- Make dermatologist appointment for my son
- Take batteries out of fans and store them until next hurricane season
- Make appointment for son to take permit test
- Replace solar rechargeable batteries in lights in front planter
Take out battery of the 3rd solar light on berm to see if it'll "fix" it
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Declutter the printer stand
- Bake cookies for library staff (some time this week)
- Go through receipt bucket and archive what needs to be archived, file what needs to be filed
Take RaceTrac surveys Post November grocery totals- will just post the yearly totals later on this month
- Make chocolate-covered pretzel sticks
Bake Christmas cookies for us- my daughter baked some today. Work on shopping list Decide what to cook for dinner tonight
- Clip coupons
- Sort coupons in the organizer
Input receipts in spreadsheets Schedule credit card payments
- I got my kid and his "friends" to school on time.
- He packed a lunch to take to school.
- I packed leftovers for Greg to take to work.
- Overnight, I had received an email from Pillsbury with an offer to get a free sample of taco seasoning and I was able to claim mine this morning, woohoo! I love free samples :)
- And I played the nGage and JunGroup videos on Swagbucks, played Swagasaurus, earn a Search award, and reached my 1st Daily Goal by 9:30 a.m. Woohoo! I'm very close to 2,200 SB but I'll stop taxing my computer for today and will earn some more tomorrow. I also got the 1st follow-up survey for an at-home product test that I'm doing and once I get the 2nd survey and complete it, I should earn 700 SB. Woohoo.
- I submitted 2 rebates to Ibotta for purchases made at CVS yesterday: milk and cereal, and they credited my account right away.
- Today, I want to catch up on some chores that I have been procrastinating on for several days. I started with collecting the water from the dehumidifier and reusing it to refill my pineapple jars and water the indoor seedlings (that I still haven't transplanted!)
- I looked at the new weekly ads for Aldi and Save A Lot and made notes of what to buy this week (what? I thought I was done!) and also next week.
- I'm going to stop by Save A Lot tomorrow when they're having a sale on chicken breasts ($0.88/lb in family packs) and also on butter ($1.99).
- Next week, Aldi will be selling Stilton cheese (the one we usually drive to Trader Joe's to get!) for just $2.99 a wedge so I plan on stocking up!
|Save A Lot 3 Day Sale|
- I paired my new laptop with my bluetooth speaker and played the first disc of "Food: A Love Story", a library audiobook by Jim Gaffigan. However, I'm doing that while I'm typing and finding it much harder to concentrate on the audiobook than I would if it was a stand-up act on TV.
- I played the Kellogg's Family Rewards Spin and Win game and won 50 extra KFR points, woohoo! Also, Kellogg's Consumer Affairs replied to my email from yesterday about the wasted Spin And Win turn and credited me with 500 KFR points, Thanks!
- For dinner tonight, I think I'll roast a whole chicken that I defrosted a couple of days ago and serve it with pasta and salad.
- I took 2 RaceTrac surveys and earned 2 more freebies.
- Greg texted me that his truck was ready to be picked up at about 12:30 p.m. so my daughter and I drove the Focus to the garage. Their recording said that they were closed for lunch until 1 p.m., however, so we first stopped by Save A Lot to get some frosting for the cookies that my daughter was baking. We checked for meat or bakery items on clearance but there wasn't anything.
- On my way home from the garage, I stopped by RaceTrac to gas up Greg's truck. The pump was very VERY slow so I just put $10 in the tank. At $2.29/gallon (the price of gas jumped by 30 cents since Thanksgiving!), it's not much, but I got a new receipt with which I will get a freebie. I also redeemed a survey reward code for a free 32 oz caffeine free Diet Coke.
- For lunch, I had the rest of the butternut squash soup that I had defrosted a couple of days ago and a sandwich made with the Chipotle Chicken Salad that I had bought at Aldi yesterday. It was good! I also had some clementines.
- I basically spent the afternoon on the laptop while listening to my Jim Gaffigan audiobook. I love him and I thought that hearing him read his own book would be great, but as much as I love his delivery when he's on stage, his reading can be very monotonous. Also, the book is very, very, very long and ALL he talks about is food. I love it when he talks about food, but I guess only when it's interspaced with jokes about other things. So I only listened with one ear and ended up burning the CDs to my laptop and then uploaded them to my phone so next time I'm driving somewhere, I'll play a chapter or two.
- My son and daughter decided to go Christmas shopping after dinner so my daughter spent the afternoon baking and decorating cookies.
|She has wayyyyy more patience than me, Also, now I feel guilty eating her cookies because she took such a long time to make them!|
|She also made chocolate chip cookies that ended up looking like they had melted, but she dunked half of them into chocolate.|
However, I forgot to take a picture of those.
- My son borrowed my bike to go to the library. I asked him to return the book that is due this week and see if the DVD that I had put on hold was still there waiting for me. It was!
- Since the kids went to Target after dinner, I asked them to pick up my free bagel from Panera (cinnamon crunch, FTW!) after they were done :)
- Wawa emailed me that there is a new freebie in my app that I can redeem tomorrow afternoon after my daughter and I go to the movies. Woohoo!
- Gas to drive my son and friends to school again.
- Gas to go pick up Greg's truck.
- Ugh, the transmission fluid leak repair on his truck that cost us over $400!
- Camel, Camel, Camel emailed me that Season 6 of Game of Thrones on BluRay had gone down in price past my price point ($29.99) so I ordered it and redeemed $6.31 in Amazon Reward points to lower my after-tax price to $25.78.
- When I went to pick up the truck, I forgot to return the book that is due at the library, but it's not due until Friday so I can still go tomorrow.
- I failed to accomplish any real housewife duties, I'm afraid.
- The 3rd solar light did not come on tonight, despite my reseating the battery to see if it would "fix" it like it did the last one :(
- Fed the kittens
- Prepped Greg's breakfast
- Drove the neighborhood kids to school
- Packed Greg's lunch
- Emptied the dehumidifier and watered the indoor plants
- Ran the dehumidifier in the downstairs bathroom
- Submitted rebates
- Earned rewards on Bing Rewards and Swagbucks
- Reseated the battery in my 3rd solar light to see if it'll start charging again
- Perused Aldi and Save A Lot ads and added items to my shopping list
- Entered the receipts in all my spreadsheets to track our spending
- Completed customer satisfaction surveys
- Scheduled credit card payments
- Updated my 2016 Tax worksheet
- Went to pick up Greg's truck
- Listened to an ebook
- Backed-up my phone
- Uploaded the e-book to my phone
- Replied to my mom's email
- Cooked dinner
- Fed the kittens
- Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and started it
- Placed an Amazon order
- For my son to have returned the library book for me
- For my daughter's enthusiasm about baking Christmas cookies...on her own
- And for the lovely cookies she created!
- For a long nap the kittens took this afternoon because they were driving me nuts earlier today
Despite my lack of attentions...