Sunday, December 11, 2016

Staying Home ~ Sunday 12/11/16




Tic toc, tic toc... it's the sound of Christmas getting closer!  Just 2 weeks away and I think I'll order my last gift today and call it done later on this week when I get the last gift card that I need.  I didn't wrap any gift yesterday, knowing the mood I'm in about the holidays, I might just wait until the last minute.



We had a late start to the day again today as we got up at 9 a.m. Well, it's 9:55 a.m. and our son is still asleep. My daughter has been at work for several hours already, they keep on scheduling her in the evenings on Saturdays and early mornings on Sundays and she's hating it.  I think she's also starting to hate having to drive an hour each way, but I had warned her about that and she had poopoo'ed it, saying that she "likes to drive". But I happen to know she likes to sleep more :)  She was excited to tell me last night, however, that she got to help a French family and spoke French to them and they were very appreciative.



It was a little cold again last night but not as cold as the previous night and I had a huge hot flash anyway so I kept the small fan blowing on my face all night. I woke up fewer times than the night before and each time I had 2 kittens sleeping on me, and I hadn't even realized it, that's how out of it I was. At 6:30 a.m. I made sure my daughter had left for work, fed all the cats and was ready to go back to bed when Princess dumped my sippy cup onto the futon (where I sleep) and the pillow, blanket and mattress got wet. Arrgh.  So I put another blanket on the futon, turned the pillows over, and went back to sleep. Because I felt exhausted. The kittens were running around and jumping everywhere at that point and it didn't even bother me, I went back to sleep until Greg got up at 9 a.m.


The weather is nice and sunny and cool again this morning, I have the windows open.  The kittens are being very rowdy so they should be sleeping all afternoon!  I mentioned to Greg that it was the first weekend in a long time that he's been home and that we haven't gone to walk together so he suggested we go on the trail this afternoon and I ride my bike while he power walks.  Hmmm, maybe. Right now I don't feel like doing anything.



No To Do List for today since it's the weekend and since I don't feel like doing much anyway, ha. I think I'll do some more reading.



  • I open the windows this morning again.  Still no AC running and no heat needing to be on either. Today our high will be 76F/24C.

  • I ordered some silky boxer shorts for Greg on Kohl's.com  I had been waiting for the 30% off discount to be valid.
    • I went through Swagbucks and earned 8 SB per dollar spent (so 32 SB)
    • They were on sale (saved $6)
    • I had a 30% discount (FROSTING30)
    • I had a free shipping code (KCSHIP4FREE)
    • I used my $10 promotional gift
    • I paid $8.09, down from about $30. I charged it to my Kohl's charge so the discounts would be accepted
    • I hope I'll get them before Christmas but since it could be as late as 12/19 before they ship them, I doubt it. Kohl's merchandise always takes forever to get to me. So I might have to print him the invoice and give that to him instead, ha.

  • I entered a 25 pt bonus code on Kellogg's Family Rewards: HOTC-HOCO-LATE-25PT

  • And later on I got one for 100 pts!

  • I also redeemed 2,550 KFR points to order (3) $1.00/1 cereal coupons.


  • I earned a few Swagbucks and I'm running the Ngage and JunGroups videos again today.  I'm at 1,981 SB right now, getting closer to 2,200 needed for my $25 gift card. My 1st daily is is 30 SB.  I earned a 14 SB search award, which will help :)


  • It's still Double Bing Rewards day since it's the weekend so I earned the maximum amount of credits for the day.

  • I uploaded new offers to my SavingStar app. Last night I had unlocked new MobiSave and Ibotta offers in their respective apps, as well.

  • I printed a few coupons via Swagbucks.

  • When my son got up, I asked him t to go retrieve the paper from the driveway for me.  There were 2 coupon inserts in it today.  I clipped the coupons that I thought I might use right away. There really wasn't anything interesting, but I did find a lot of pet coupons that I'll pass along to the South Lake Animal League Thrift Store.

  • I also found 3 coupons for freebies from Harbor Freight with NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. The closest store is in Winter Garden so if I could think of another errands to run there, I could redeem one, perhaps two (if someone else was with me!) coupon. Update: and I found 3 more in a coupon insert too!

  • I also found another $10 off $40 coupon for World Market and I clipped it, even though my daughter and I have already done our shopping there. But you never know.

  • Greg raked our front yard. Free yard work and exercise!  Thanks, honey :)

  • I printed a few coupons via Swagbucks and Smartsource and one from Target.com.

  • I uploaded new store coupons to my CVS and Publix digital wallets.

  • I reached my 2nd Swagbucks Daily Goal at 12:18 p.m.  Now I can spend the afternoon reading, woohoo!


  • For lunch Greg ate the rib leftovers and I had chicken nuggets and the rest of the potato salad from Publix's Family Dinner from about a week ago.  My son will probably finish the chicken nuggets.  I'm going to keep buying those every week at Aldi, they're delicious and they're fine in the microwave.  The kids love them too.

  • By 1 p.m., the lovely, sunny weather has turned to cloudy and gray and threatening to rain, even though there is no rain in our forecast at all. A great day to stay home and read a book, indeed.

  • I loaded the dishwasher with the breakfast and lunch dishes and ran it. It also contained last night's dishes so it was great  to be running a full load.

  • I was lamenting that we didn't have any Christmas cookies (ahem, I ate the ones that I had bought at Aldi last Sunday!) but I didn't feel like baking (plus the cookie dough usually has to be done in advance and put in the fridge!).  So I made a tray of chocolate dipped pretzel rods.  The almond bark had been bought last December, the pretzels this year (Aldi) and I already had the sprinkles on hand. They're in the fridge and will make Greg and the kids very happy. It took me about 10 minutes to make.


  • Greg needed some zip ties to fix something on the leaf blower and instead of going to buy some, he asked me if we had any. Well, yes we did, since I'd had to buy some to affix the basket to my bike!  So I gave him two of mine. A trip to the hardware store averted :)

  • I took 2 RaceTrac surveys and earned 2 more freebies.

  • I still didn't feel like baking but I wanted a snack that wasn't the pretzels so I made a big batch of air-popped kettle corn. I added a few Christmas sprinkles to make it more festive but they mostly fell to the bottom of the pot!  I'm going to be enjoying mine while I read my JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts) futuristic detective story on my Kindle. I borrowed the e-book from the library last night.

  • But at 4 p.m. I had a craving for White Mountain bread and some charcuterie so I drove to Publix. On the way, I picked up my son from the playground, where he'd been getting his daily dose of swinging done.  We listened to Christmas music on the way to Publix.  I got what I wanted, plus a 2L bottle of Diet Coke, some clementines and bananas, a loaf of regular bread, a bag of tater tots for dinner tonight, a bag of sour worms for my son as a reward for coming along to a boring shopping trip and a box of Rice-A-Roni.  The Rice-A-Roni was free with a digital coupon that I had uploaded. I paid for the OOP with the balance of the 2nd Publix gift card I had gotten via our USAA Mastercard Rewards program and since it wasn't enough, with the balance of one of the gift cards that I had purchased from my daughter earlier in the year. So no money was spent on food today :)

  • It drizzled a little while we were gone, but it was negligible.

  • For dinner, I made turkey burgers and the tater tots. Since I had been munching on my snacks, I skipped dinner. That gave me a portion to keep for Greg's lunch tomorrow.


  • Bought another Christmas present online. Getting close to being done!
  • Gas to drive to Publix
  • Gas for my daughter to drive to work and back again

  • One of the kittens sent my cereal bowl flying to the ground and it broke. It was one of the new holiday-themed cereal bowls I had bought from Dollar Tree :(


  • Fed the cats
  • Aired out the house
  • Printed coupons, clipped coupons, uploaded coupons!
  • Uploaded new offers to my apps
  • Cleaned after the kittens who were very rowdy and kept on making messes
  • Loaded the dishwasher and started it
  • Cleaned 3 litter boxes under the watchful eye of Tabby Kitty, the Litter Box Inspector
  • Make chocolate dipped pretzel rods for snack time
  • Made air popped kettle corn for snack time as well
  • Read a library e-book
  • Ran errands
  • Fed the kittens
  • Cooked dinner
  • Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
  • Cuddled with a kitten

  • For another beautiful day in Florida
  • For Greg raking the leaves for us
  • For people who post free shipping codes online!
  • For kids who get along

1 comment:

  1. Those chocolate pretzel rods look really delicious and festive. I used to make those fancy pinwheel cookies that you have to roll out and spread with dates or some other yummy mixture, roll up and refrigerate until they were ready to slice and bake.Now it is just good old rice krispie squares with the red and green krispies already in them. Ha. Sometimes the simplest things to make are the family favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!