Last night Greg said he was exhausted and probably would go to bed by 9 p.m. Well, he stayed up playing video games until 11:30 p.m. while I fell asleep on the couch by 9:30 p.m., watching an episode of the actually dreadful French series "La Loi d'Alexandre" on Amazon Prime Instant Video. I love that I get to watch French series and movies but oh my, so many of them are terrible.
Anyhoo, I woke up at midnight to use the bathroom and our son was still up playing videogames, even though his regular weekend bedtime is 11 p.m. so I sent him to bed and fell back asleep. Aside from the bathroom interruptions, I had a very good night. Even Explorer, my night-time kitten buddy, elected to sleep on my pillow without blocking the fan blowing on my face or my airways, lol. He and I cuddled almost all night long, it's as if he was standing watch over me. He's such a sweetie and a lover. Then later on Princess showed up too and then I had 2 kittens on me but that's OK, I was pretty much awake already. The one thing is that when I had to get up, it was extremely hard to walk because my left foot was in a lot of pain, a result of walking about for about 6 hours yesterday. But the longer I walk on it, the better it feels, actually. It's already feeling better this morning.
However, I started having regrets about telling my daughter I'd take her to Paris for her graduation because I'm in no physical shape to do this (got to get back on my diet now!) and I'm starting to feel guilty about the "we're not renting a car, everyone will have to come to us!" because my mom is older too (she'll be 70 next year) and then I won't see my stepdad because I doubt he'll come (he's an even bigger homebody than I am!) and I wouldn't see my elderly great-aunt either. So I'm thinking maybe we do rent a car and not just stay in Paris? Ugh, the cost is already adding up and I haven't even lost one ounce of weight yet. If you're wondering why I don't just send my daughter on her own, it's because she wants to go with me, awww. Anyhow, lots to think about and plan (I should check the expiration date on my passport.) I checked flight prices on my favorite airline and I found tickets for about $750 each, which isn't too bad. Confession: I'm nervous about Middle Son's reaction because I haven't taken him to France. However, he's working and I think he'll take summer classes. So maybe when he graduates from college?
Back to Florida, today our high is supposed to be 83F/28C. Everyone makes fun of Florida but I'll bet a lot of Northerners wish they were in Florida right now as they are experiencing extremely cold temperatures. We have a 60% chance of rain. I have no plans. Right now I'm watching a kitten chase her own tail! Too funny.
It's a week before Christmas and I haven't wrapped any of my presents. I also haven't located my Christmas cards so I haven't sent any to anyone. I only send them to a couple of people locally, but I had started sending some to my siblings and my great aunt and they won't get them on time now. However, it's not a huge deal as French people don't send Christmas cards... they send New Year's cards to wish everyone a Happy New Year. So I'm OK if I find them and write them this weekend. I'll go the lazy route of sticking too many stamps on them so I don't have to stand in line at the post office to get them weighed.
My daughter is working a late shift tonight and my son has final exams on Monday through Wednesday so he'll spend the weekend studying. Greg probably needs to go Christmas shopping, but knowing him he'll probably wait until the last minute :)
Since I'm behind on chores, I'm going to post my To Do List to motivate myself, even though it's the weekend.
- Make butternut squash soup and freeze (make sure I have proper containers) - in progress
- Write Xmas cards -
I need to find my cards first!
- Mail Xmas cards
- Dust the Cat Room
- Sweep or vacuum the Cat Room
- Clean the windows in the Cat Room
Fold the laundry
- Put away the laundry
- Clean the downstairs bathroom toilet bowl
Wrap some presents
- Unload and reload dishwasher
- Make Dr appointment for son's annual check-up and for daughter
- Make dermatologist appointment for my son
- Take batteries out of fans and store them until next hurricane season
- Make appointment for son to take permit test
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Declutter the printer stand
- Go through receipt bucket and archive what needs to be archived, file what needs to be filed
- Take RaceTrac surveys
- Clip coupons
- Sort coupons in the organizer
- Recalculate our 401(k) contributions for 2017
- Work on Net Worth document
- Wash litter boxes?
- Check my passport's expiration date
- Instead of brewing a pot of coffee first thing this morning, I reheated the half pot that was left over from yesterday morning. (then later on a brewed a new pot because I needed more caffeine!).
- Valvoline emailed me a coupon for $15 off a synthetic oil change good this upcoming week only, which is great since Greg's truck needs an oil change and he's off this week so he can go on his own.
- Greg and I redeemed 2 survey reward codes at RaceTrac for 2 free 32 oz fountain drinks.
- I watched a couple of French shows on Amazon Prime Instant (free with our Amazon Prime membership).
- As I was wrapping my Christmas presents, I reused several boxes and bags from previous Christmases that I had collected from the kids after they had unwrapped their presents and that I keep on reusing year after year.
- Greg and our son went to the wildlife management area to do some "hunting". They actually wanted to practice firing their rifles since they haven't done that since last year. They found an Otterbox phone holder (the kind you clip on your belt) and brought it home. It's for a larger phone than the ones we use so I asked them to put it in the donation box that I'll be taking to the thrift store at some point.
- I earned 24 SB for a search tonight. Defaulting my Search engine back to Swagbucks is working fine so far.
- I cooked burgers for Greg and our son for dinner. As for me, I had a chicken salad sandwich made with the chipotle chicken salad from Aldi.
- Gas for my daughter to drive to work and back.
- Greg and I picked up lunch from Subway for everyone since the only lunch meat that was defrosted was bologna and he didn't want that!
- Greg did his Christmas shopping for his side of the family on Amazon. I reminded him to charge everything to Discover so we could earn 5% back in Rewards.
- He also renewed his hunting license.
- Gas for Greg and our son to go "hunting".
- Ammunition for their hunting rifles.
- 5 out of the 6 solar lights that are in the front planter still aren't working, despite my putting in new rechargeable batteries in them. So I guess the problem is with the lights, not the batteries? I had bought the set at Aldi and there's probably a warranty but I didn't keep the packaging. Grr.
- I need to stop buying cheap Christmas wrapping paper as it's actually harder to wrap gifts with it since it tears very easily. Sadly, I have quite a bit to use up before I can start buying "the good stuff", lol.
- Despite the 60% chance of rain in the forecast for today, it never did rain. Grrr.
- Fed the kittens and cats
- Cuddled with kittens
|Princess and Explorer... who were both cuddling with me extensively today but I forgot to take a picture :)|
- Earned Rewards on my programs and participated in sweepstakes
- Made PBJs for Greg and my breakfast
- Folded the laundry
- Went to pick up lunch with Greg
- Wrapped all my Christmas presents!
- Located my Christmas cards so I can send the few that I do send
- Cooked dinner
- For a good night's sleep
- For a quiet day at home, watching (bad TV) and wrapping my Christmas gifts.
- That my family will forgive my terrible gift wrapping skills. I can't even call them "skills", I'm horrible at wrapping gifts, they look like a toddler wrapped them.