I wasn't excited about the kittens trying to wake me up at 6:30 a.m. today until I realized that it was Sunday morning and that meant that I got to weigh myself and see if I had lost anything. Drumroll... I lost 1.4 lbs for a total of 8.4 lbs since I started my diet on 1/1! My weight loss is slowing down, but my period will be here soonish so I think I'm starting to get bloated and also I didn't drink as much water as I should have, possibly. And I probably ate too much sodium. But I still lost weight and I'm excited about it!
Bonnie, how are you doing? I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope everything is OK.
Another thing that has me excited about today is that my Daughter and I are going to the Antiques Extravaganza at Renninger's in Mount Dora this morning. It's a great opportunity to spend time with her, the weather is going to be very overcast (it should rain later on today) and we'll try to have lunch somewhere fun. I'd love to eat the at the Windsor Rose Tea Room downtown Mount Dora, we'll see if we can get there.
I feel sad though and anxious about my darling kittens having surgery tomorrow so they don't have unwanted kittens:( Starting tonight at 9 a.m. we will have to remove all food and water from all the cats so tonight might be a little chaotic if they get vocal. And then remember not to feed anyone in the morning and to wait until I come back from dropping off my sweeties to feed the big cats. Ugh. I just want to cuddle them and tell them everything will be alright! I wonder (and hope not!) if their personalities will change after the operation(s).
Youngest Son got up at 7 a.m. this morning and when I asked why he was up so early, he said he had work to do (catching up on the classes he missed on Friday), put his laundry in the wash and immediately sat down with his Geometry book. Wow, that dedication! There is no way you'd ever get me to open a math book at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning. Or pretty much at any time, ever. He's awesome.
I probably won't do anything on my To Do List today but I'm posting it for my own inspiration and to remind me to do certain things...
TO DO LIST
- Read details of Diabetic Exchange program
- Do my foot exercises DONE
- Exercise - Walked around Mount Dora
- Finish putting away Christmas decorations
- Wipe out a USB stick for library
- Greg and I need to assign the IRA contributions to specific funds
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Replace fridge water filter
- Declutter under window seat in Exercise Room (in progress, will finish next week)
- Compare music libraries between the 2 laptops and finish moving what's missing to my new laptop
- Figure out what software I still need to move/reinstall on new laptop
- Trying syncing my phone on new laptop
- Clean litter box upstairs
- Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Ask Daughter to help me clip Tabby Kitty's back claws and Explorer's claws
- Finish putting the laundry away
- Take Driscoll's surveys
- Take RaceTrac surveys
- Make lemon poppyseed muffins or/and lemon squares with the "grapefruits"!
- Pick the oranges
- Zest the oranges and freeze
- Move fonts from old laptop and reinstall on new laptop
- Take my measurements
- Sign up for Personal Capital?
- Enter receipts into spreadsheets
- Print coupons DONE
- Clip coupons
- Sort and file coupons
- I defrosted some pork loin chops for dinner tonight. I had bought the pork loin at $1.99/lb and cut the chops myself.
- I worked on my Rewards programs, earned the daily credits for Microsoft Rewards and was able to complete a 73 SB survey so I met my 1st Daily Goal for Swagbucks very early. I'm running the automatic videos, hoping that I might meet my 2nd goal by the time I leave this morning, but if not, I'll work on that this afternoon.
- I uploaded digital coupons to my CVS app.
- The newspaper was in the driveway and I dissected it as follows:
- saved the plastic sleeve to use when I clean the upstairs litter box
- pulled out the 2 coupon inserts and a sheet of Steak'n Shake coupons
- pulled out the Walgreens, CVS and Target brochures so I can keep them for a quick reference while I shop
- pulled out the "State" and "Local" sections as they are the only sections that I read. The rest of the paper is of no interest to me. I read the national news online the day before.
- recycle the rest.
- I checked the mail while I was retrieving the paper since I had forgotten to check it yesterday and I found a copy of the new issue of the Guide for Real Florida Gardeners. You can view the issue before this one here (scroll down to the bottom of the page) or you can subscribe for free (that's what I did, several months ago), and you'll get the next issue in the mail for free. Not sure if they'll send you this one or not.
- I entered my weight for yesterday and today into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 40 more BR points.
- I put the last banana, that was starting to go brown, in my bowl of cereal, this morning.
- My daughter and I drove to Mount Dora in the Ford Focus, for its gas economy and also because it's easier to find parking for small cars, sometimes.
- I had printed coupons for the Renninger's Antiques Extravaganza entrance fee, but when we got there, a lot of the vendors were already packing up, probably because of the big storms predicted for the afternoon. We didn't see a booth where they charged entrance so we just walked in, like everybody else. It was more like a large garage sale or outdoor flea market than an Antiques fair. Sorry, the pictures aren't great because of the overcast weather!
After walking outside for a while, we visited the more permanent area of the Antiques Center.
- We looked around but I didn't see much that I would have definitely wanted to buy. My daughter really wanted a painting that was priced at $40 but the vendor said he was discounting it 75% since he didn't want to have to pack it up so it would have been $10 but it was large and she has nowhere to put it anyway so I encouraged her to keep her money. Here are some things that caught my eye, but that I didn't buy.
|This seller had a lot of cast iron signs, themed hooks, drawer and door pulls, and I liked this one because it reminded me of|
my failed attempt at going crabbing a couple of weekends ago :)
|And I took this picture and the next for Greg. Large, medium and small bass lawn decorations (just for fun, I'd never stick that in the yard!)|
|A bunch of fishing lures, including antique ones, but I didn't know if any would have interested|
Greg so I didn't bother buying him any.
- My daughter was very tired because she hadn't slept much and she was hungry so we left sooner than I would have wanted, probably (I love looking at old crap!) and drove to Downtown Mount Dora to have lunch at the Windsor English Tea Room. They had just opened for lunch so it wasn't crowded. Our food was delicious and my daughter decided to order herself a pot of Very Berry Herbal Tea, even though she doesn't like hot tea, because she wanted to play with her own tea pot, lol. She confirmed that she still didn't like tea and I drank most of her tea for her! I drank Mango Green Tea, which was very good.
|Oh, it was sooooo good!|
|I promise she ate most of this. I had a couple of bites only. It was chocolate cake with raspberry filling.|
- After that we walked through downtown Mount Dora. The weather was still nice but it wasn't crowded, so it was enjoyable. We visited several charming stores and made some purchases. And also had more snacks. Well, she did. I had a cup of coffee and a tiny bite of each of her treats, upon her insistence. She is bad for me! I also bought a chocolate eclair to bring back to Youngest Son.
|I got a kick that, on the coffee table, they had a bunch of sweet-themed mysteries!|
- Here are some pictures of things that I bought:
|A dishtowel! I got another one too.|
|This is antibacterial soap that I will give to Youngest Son at Christmas, from the cats. Can't read the label? Wait...|
- Other things that made me laugh but that I didn't get:
|My daughter said I didn't need that dish towel since I already WAS a stay at home cat mom!|
|This is for Jess :)|
|LOL, totally for me! And Laura too :)|
- On the way home, we stopped by Joann's so she could buy supplies that she needed. She likes the store better than Michael's so we need to remember to just drive to Tavares to go there! It's not that much further than Michael's. She downloaded a 50% off coupon that was applied to her most expensive item and everything else was on sale.
|Back home, the kittens had to inspect her purchases, of course!|
- Back home, I submitted her receipt for the $5/$15 Joann's Ibotta rebate. When it comes through, I'll give her $5 in cash. Update: they credited my account a little bit later.
- The first search that I did on the laptop went I got home landed me an 8 SB search award which propelled me over my 2nd Daily Goal. Woohoo :)
- We're under several tornado warnings at dinner time and it's bright red on the weather map all around us, quite unnerving. I put flashlights in our "safe spots", instructed the kids (and Greg, but he never listens) to put on their shoes and be ready to bolt when I yell "RUN" without worrying about our cats (ugh, I hate typing this, but human life is more important to me than pet life, sorry pet lovers who disagree), replaced the batteries in our Red Cross crank weather radio/phone charger/flashlight and I guess I'll sleep on the couch tonight. Anyhoo, I didn't feel like cooking dinner in the middle of all that anxiety so I heated up left over black bean soup for Greg and myself and I made him a ham and cheese sandwich as well, heated up a can of mini raviolis for Youngest Son, and Daughter heated herself one of the cans of soup that she had bought for herself.
|That's just North of us.|
|A long night ahead of us... I need to remember not to panic when they start|
cautioning Daytona Beach residents to be on the alert since Middle Son
not longer lives there!
- Gas to drive to Mount Dora and back.
- Lunch out with my daughter
- Snacks and coffee with my daughter
- A Christmas present for Youngest Son
- Some dishtowels
- The Kellogg's Family Rewards site is still not functioning so I couldn't participate in the Sweepstake that I enter every morning :(
- I really spent too much on 2 dishtowels, an impulse buy. They're cute but I didn't need them and one of them is whitish, which isn't a great color for me as I'm really messy.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- Lunch: $47.54 (includes a 20% tip)
- dishtowels: $20.22 (arrgh, too much, but we couldn't resist them!)
- Christmas present: $7.44
- Bakery items and coffee: about $6.50 (I paid cash in 3 different transactions and didn't really pay attention to my totals!)
- Unexpected free entrance to the Renninger's Extravaganza for my Daughter and myself.
- A coupon for a free bottle of Tabañero hot sauce (thanks, CouponPro!)
- Fed the cats
- Worked on my Rewards programs
- Dissected newspaper
- Printed and uploaded coupons
- Visited Antiques Extravaganza with daughter
- Lunch with daughter
- Walking and shopping downtown Mount Dora with daughter
- Submitted receipt for a rebate
- Cuddled with kittens
- Printed more coupons
- Sleep was good, until the kittens woke me up.
- I lost weight!
- I drank 1 cup of water before sipping on coffee.
- Breakfast was a bowl of rice krispies with a cup of ~2% milk and a banana. I drank coffee.
- Lunch was a Reuben sandwich with potato salad and a small piece of chocolate raspberry cake. I drank Green Mango tea.
- Afternoon snack was a bite of macaroon and a bite of cheesecake. I drank the rest of my coffee from this morning.
- Dinner was a bowl of black bean soup.
- Water consumption was definitely not enough but now I'm too stressed about the tornado warnings to do anything about it. I don't need to have to pee every 5 minutes in the middle of all that!
- Exercise was walking in Mount Dora (7,807 steps total today at 7:04 p.m., which is disappointing because I thought I walked more than that)
- Foot exercises were TCO'd.
- for having lost weight again!
- For a great day with my Daughter, we had so much fun!
- That so far the tornadoes have avoided our little town. No rain or strong wind for us (yet?!) at 7:00 p.m. and I hope it remains this way!
|Tabby Kitten playing peekaboo with me :)|
|Gotta keep those coupons and other printouts warm for mom, you know!|