Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Lot of Errands! ~ Saturday 1/14/17



I had to wake up so much last night, I'm starting to wonder if the decaf instant coffee that I had drank after exercising was indeed decaf!

I slept in a little... after hearing New Kitty eating the kittens' food right outside my bedroom door (we keep food bowls for the kittens upstairs so they can munch at night) at 6 a.m. and chasing her away. I knew it was a big cat because I heard her license tags clang against the metallic bowl.  Anyhoo, then I went back to sleep with the "twins".... until Tabby Kitty went "banzai!!" on my bed at 7:30 a.m. and playfully attacked his siblings and then there was a melee going on between my feet and I couldn't sleep anymore.

It's a humid wet gray morning today, it looks like it might have rained most of the night.  My first task, after feeding all the cats, was to put my bike rack and my bike on the SUV so we're ready to go to Clermont at about 9:30 a.m.  I want to:

  • Drop off the bike at the bike repair shop
  • Go to AT&T to deal with Greg's line and switching SIM cards for my son
  • Stock up on more whiskey for Greg with his Amex this time so we can get the $15 statement credit
  • Get an oil change for my SUV with my 20% off coupon
  • Get my free coffee from Wawa
  • Get a free soda or baked good for my son with survey code at RaceTrac
Greg mentioned that we should take our son out for a birthday lunch but I pointed out that I had already gotten him Domino's for dinner that evening so that counted as his birthday meal. Plus Greg and I are on a diet so if I'm going to eat salad, I'd rather eat it at home for free. We'll see how strong my resolve is when I'm hungry as we run errands!

Well, when he got up he looked miserable... he'd developed a migraine overnight, due to the humidity, etc. and had been throwing up. But he still wanted to run the errands and I needed him too for 2 things (that we could have rescheduled but that he didn't want to reschedule): the visit at AT&T because he's the main account holder and to make changes such as removing a line, he needs to be there with his driver's license and the ABC Liquor run since he needed to use his Amex offer.  Poor guy.


TO DO LIST
  • Drop off bike at repair shop  DONE
  • Pick up bike from repair shop DONE
  • Cancel Greg's phone line  DONE
  • Switch phones for Youngest Son  DONE
  • Get oil change for SUV didn't need, after all
  • Get more whiskey  DONE
  • Redeem free coffee reward at Wawa  DONE
  • Renew library book DONE
  • Read details of Diabetic Exchange program I sent the handout that I had found online and Bonnie's recommendations to the printer and they will print tomorrow when I print coupons.  I will try to read them between tomorrow and Monday night!
  • Do my foot exercises 3 X DONE
  • Exercise  DONE
  • Finish putting away Christmas decorations
  • Wipe out a USB stick for library
  • Greg and I need to assign the IRA contributions to specific funds
  • Vacuum fridge coils
  • Declutter under window seat in Exercise Room
  • Compare music libraries between the 2 laptops and finish moving what's missing to my new laptop
  • Figure out what software I still need to move/reinstall on new laptop
  • Trying syncing my phone on new laptop
  • Clean litter box upstairs DONE
  • Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
  • Read some chapters in my book
  • Clip the other two kittens' claws 
  • Bake a cranberry clafoutis Decided not to since Greg was sick and I got a freebie snack for our son
  • Schedule credit card payment DONE
  • Pour some Drano down kitchen sink plumbing for preventive maintenance DONE
  • Get saltines for Greg DONE

SUCCESSES
  • I earned the Microsoft Rewards for the day and I'm working on Swagbucks. My first goal is 70 SB. I tried several surveys but was disqualified from all of them :(

  • I entered my weight on Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 20 BR points. I weigh myself on Sunday mornings but I've been entering last Sunday's weight every day to earn the daily 20 SB.  Isn't it ridiculous that they reward you for obsessively weighing yourself every day but put a cap on how many points you can earn by exercising?!  Way to go, Walgreens, for promoting healthy choices, indeed. (/sarcasm)

  • I reused a newspaper plastic sleeve to "package" the contents of the upstairs litter box as I was cleaning it.  I was being supervised by two cute litter box cleaning monitors who were either trying to tell me that I had missed some or worrying that I was taking their poop away, I'm not quite sure.

  • I made sure to turn on the printer so the 20% off Valvoline coupon that I had sent to print yesterday would be available for me and I stuck it in my wallet.  I wrote out a detailed itinerary for our errands on my phone so as to maximize gas and time economy.

  • I noticed that I had a new coupon in my RaceTrac app for BOGO BelVita breakfast cookies. Oh I used to love those a few years ago. I'm sure I still do, although cookies for breakfast has never been the healthiest of choices!  I probably won't redeem that.

  • I checked the Ebates website and I'm set to receive $0.49 (big money!) for my shoe purchase yesterday and they also confirmed that I should get the $10 Walmart gift card in 3-4 weeks. Woohoo!  I might have to start using Ebates more often than Swagbucks...

  • So Greg insisted on coming along to run the errands so everything could get done, but he was sick like a dog next to me and I felt really bad. Youngest Son came along too and brought his schoolwork with him so he could do it in the car. Smart boy!  I looked at the mileage on my car, which was lower than I expected and realized that I didn't need an oil change today or anytime soon so that's a big saving right there!

    • We stopped by Wawa where I redeemed my app freebie for a free any size coffee. I picked the largest size, of course (24 oz), and chose the hazelnut flavor. I also grabbed 5 packets of sweetener. I'll put the coffee in the fridge and will have it tomorrow morning.  They were also offering small sample-size cups of any coffee for free so I took a small cup of French vanilla, a cup of half and half and another pack of sweetener and I drank that in the car (mostly because I realized that the smell of flavored coffee wasn't probably the best thing for Greg's nausea!).

    • Next stop was ABC Liquor. It was very short since I knew that we needed 6 bottles of whiskey. I gave them our Customer Loyalty number and earned more points towards a $2 discount off a future purchase, and it also dropped the price of each bottle by about $1.50.  Greg paid with his Amex so we got a $15 statement credit for spending over $75 there. Woohoo. We'll also get 1% back in Rewards.  Now we're probably stocked up for a year, especially since he's back on his diet and only drink whiskey on weekends now.

    • At the bike store, I got a little bit of attitude from the staff, as I always go, because of my "department store bike", never mind that it looks very nice and it still cost me a pretty penny, I thought.  They're such bike snobs and resentful that I didn't spend hundreds more for a bike that would accomplish exactly the same thing for me. Anyhoo, they noticed that the pedal assembly was also loose and estimated that they needed 30 minutes to an hour to service the bike (hmm, I'm pretty sure it only took them 5 minutes!) so since Greg was sick, I told them I'd come back after lunch. They called me right as we got home and it'll be about $42. My daughter will refund me since she caused the problem in the first place.

    • Then we went to AT&T.  Thankfully the place was dead so we didn't have to wait.  The attendant was pleasant without being overly enthusiastic, especially since we were cancelling a phone line, just had to get a free SIM card for the new phone, and turned down the insurance on the paid-for phone.  But it was fairly quick and my bill should go down by about $25, although apparently it won't affect my next bill that's coming up on 1/17. So I'm hoping I'll get $50 off the following one, then.  We'll see.

    • That was our last stop. I had meant to stop by RaceTrac but I could tell Greg was really holding off to throw up until we were home and sure enough, he made a bee line for the bathroom as soon as we got home!  The poor guy always seems to get sick when he has a 3-day weekend or when he's on vacation :(

  • We have the windows open in the house because it's still cool this morning, but it's supposed to get to 78F this afternoon!

  • I texted my BFF with the news that she could get a free sample cup of coffee at Wawa. She loves their coffee, is broke, and there's a Wawa very close to her house.  I hope she treats herself.

  • I harvested a few small grape tomatoes, a red serrano pepper and a couple of beans from the garden.  I'm laughing at my 2 beans, thinking about Susan's great harvests of her burgundy beans this past summer!

  • For lunch, Greg had a can of soup and reported that his migraine had disappeared afterwards! He still doesn't feel great but better. He had some work to do this weekend so he's doing that this afternoon.

  • My son had the leftover mac'n cheese and sausage from last night and I had the leftover pork stew from several days ago with a little bit of leftover rice, a Sandwich Thin, and small spinach salad.  I drank water.

  • I printed a couple of Publix store coupons and realized that there were great deals going on this week that I really ought to partake in so I decided to stop by today and I got all my coupons ready for that.

  • So I left for errands part 2, the part that I wasn't planning on having to do today!  As usual, I tried to make my gas consumption count for something so I planned several stops:

    • Greg asked me for saltines (he likes to eat those when he's nauseous) so I stopped by Save  A Lot and got him a box. It was $0.99 and I paid cash for it.  It would have been a few cents cheaper at Aldi but it would have cost me more in gas to go there than I would have saved.

    • Since I'll be driving my son to school in the mornings from now on, I decided to gas up my SUV in Clermont, where gas is cheaper than in my neck of the woods.  I went to RaceTrac and got gas for $2.28 a gallon. I paid with Discover for 5% back in Rewards.  I earned loyalty points on my app and obtained a new receipt that I'll exchange for a freebie once I take the survey.    I also went inside to redeem another survey reward code for a freebie for my son. He had asked me for a muffin and I got the last Apple Crisp Muffin in the bakery case :)


    • I picked up my bike. The people there were less snooty than this morning and actually very friendly this afternoon. They explained what they did, and I've already forgotten about it all!  $15 was for resetting the chain properly and $25 was for something they had to do to the pedal assembly and gear thingie behind it because it hadn't been put together properly (thanks for nothing, again, Walmart!) and there was a part that would have gotten damaged if they hadn't fixed whatever it is they fixed.  Then there was tax. I paid with Amazon Visa for 1% back in Rewards.  I'll charge my daughter the $15 for the chain since the other thing wasn't her fault.

    • Then I went to Publix and got my items. At the register, I was behind an older man.  Suddenly we heard a loud crash and turned around to see a cart with a 5 or 6 year-old kid in it flying down the end of the lane, hitting a display, and then topping over.  The kid was OK and the dad came running behind the cart, red-faced and telling everyone "we're OK, we're OK!". So obviously he'd been goofing off with the cart.  Then the mom and big sister come around the corner from another aisle, see the mess and the kid on the ground and throw their arms in the air as if signaling a field goal and exclaimed "Woohoo!".  Seriously?! The older gentleman and I exchanged a couple of eye rolls and went about our business since the kid was OK.  Then I noticed the older gentleman was buying a bottle of Trop 50 OJ and I had a $1.00 coupon for it that I wasn't going to use so I offered it to him and he was really happy to accept :)  I'm like the coupon fairy sometimes, hahaha.  Anyhoo, my OOP was $5.33 and here is what I got:
      • (2) 32-oz bags of Cooked Perfect meatballs. On BOGO at $7.99, I used (1) $1.50/1 coupon from an insert and (1) $1.00/1 printable coupon plus (2) $1.50/1 store coupons to get both bags for $2.49 ($1.25 a bag, I'll take it!). I had just bought Armour meatballs this week, which we prefer, but it was fewer meatballs for significantly more money!
      • (2) 24-oz bags of Celentano frozen cheese mini raviolis. On BOGO at $3.36 a bag and I used (1) $1.00/1 insert coupon (I wish I had two, the bags would have been free!) and (2) $1.00/1 store coupons for a total of $0.36 for both bags!
      • (2) packages of FlatOut Fold It flatbreads. On BOGO @ $2.99 and I used (2) $1.00/1 printable coupons to get them for $0.50 each!
      • This last one was a splurge. I got (2) bags of New York bagel chips. On BOGO for $2.99 and I used (2) $0.75/1 printable coupons to get them for $0.75 each, but I'll also redeem an Ibotta rebate for $1.00 so that'll make them $0.25 a bag :)
      • I paid with Amex for 3% back in Rewards.


    • While I was at Publix, I saw that the Meow Mix dry cat food was on BOGO so I texted my BFF since I had mailed her my coupon for a free bag. Now she'll be able to get two bags for free!  She was super excited.  I wish I could replicate the deals above for her but I don't have anymore of the insert coupons needed, plus I don't know that her family would eat those foods. But I'll talk to her tomorrow about it because I have made plans to go see her (more on that in the next paragraph).

    • I had decided to also stop by the Habitat for Humanity ReStore thrift store since I wasn't in a rush to get home with lots of groceries in my trunk for once. Plus Saturdays is their 50% off all clothing day.  I was looking for a new patio umbrella stand but I didn't see one. However, I scored a pair of capris in a bright dark pink color that I actually like a lot.  They're a size smaller than what I wear right now but I think that in about a month or so, if I keep on exercising and losing, they should fit me. Right in time for spring in Florida :)  I paid $1.87 for them, tax included.

I'm gonna look like a huge Easter bunny or something...

    • I checked their shelf of chemical products/paints and they did have 2 bottles of spray paint for plastic and it was even the light green color that I like my kitchen accesories to be in.  Laura had suggested that I paint my white plastic kitchen trash bin instead of buying a new one, since I wanted a darker one that wouldn't show the dirt quite as much. I was so tempted to buy the paint (it was only 99 cents a can) but painting it light green wouldn't have accomplished much to hide the dirt, so I decided against it.

    • But what got me really excited is that they had 2 over-the-range microwaves for sale, and one was a GE Spacemaker in beige, a very similar if not the same as my BFF's.  Hers is giving her huge problems such as it won't heat anything up unless she puts something very heavy in the center of the turntable. She is flat broke so she couldn't afford a new one and she uses hers a lot.  So I texted her picture and dimensions (I keep a small tape measurer in my purse for occasions just like this one!) and she was very excited about it.  We decided that I would ask the attendants to test it for me. They were very kind and allowed me to heat up a cup of water. It works fine!  So I bought it for my BFF and made arrangements to bring it to her house tomorrow morning. She wanted to come pick it up, but her car has a ton of mileage on it, as I said she's broke so she could use to not have to pay for gas to drive all the way to my house and then back to hers again.  I told her I'd buy her lunch or coffee so we can turn that into a date and you know what?  I'm just gonna gift her the microwave.  I saved from than $25 at Publix today, after all.  She'll have friends of hers install it for her since her husband wouldn't know how and with Greg not feeling great, I'm not going to drag him there to do it.

  • My son walked to the park to get some swinging done :)

  • In the mail, I received a coupon for a free Gillette razor for Men, woo!  That'll go into one of my boys' stocking at Christmas.


  • I earned 25 KFR points by entering bonus code GREATREWARDS4YOU into my Kellogg's Family Rewards account.


  • I then redeemed 2,550 KFR points to order (3) $1.00/1 cereal coupons so I can make my deal at Walgreens next week. I might stop by tomorrow and get it then, since I'll be on the road anyway. Ooh, and I noticed that I have an Ibotta offer for $1.00 off 3 boxes of Rice Krispies so if Walgreens has those, I can get 3 boxes of Rice Krispies AND a gallon of milk for just $2.50 after coupons and rebate! Yes!

  • I submitted my Publix receipt to Ibotta for a $1.00 rebate which was credited to my account promptly.


  • And I tracked my receipts into my spreadsheets. The little bit of time that it takes me to do this allows me to analyze our expenses into great detail :)

  • I met my 1st goal in Swagbucks and my 2nd goal is only 8 SB away so I'm confident that I will reach it too, woohoo!

  • I renewed a library book online (no late fees!).

  • I reached my 2nd Goal in SB!


  • I switched my plans for dinner this morning because I had forgotten to defrost the round bottom steaks that I planned on turning into Easy Beef Stew. So we'll have hamburgers that I planned on cooking tomorrow, tonight, since I still have the chub of ground beef that I bought on Wednesday in the fridge and tomorrow I'll cook the beef in the crockpot.

  • I just realized that it's the weekend and my deal with myself was that I would exercise on weekdays, which I did. So I'm trying to psych myself into doing it for a little bit tonight anyway since I've failed at doing any strength exercises at all.  Update: well I input my food intake for the day and I need to exercise at least 87 calories' worth so I think I'll bike for at least 1 Frasier episode :)  However, as of 8:08 p.m,,  my fitness tracker says that I have taken 9,604 steps today!

  • I cut up the chub of ground beef and froze the 4 remaining pounds individually, in upcycled cereal bags.

  • As I have been all week, I exercised for free at home by using my recumbent bike and half watching/half listening to a couple of episodes of Frasier while simultaneously catching up on some blogs.  Princess did her best to block my view, though...
I had Explorer trying to climb on my shoulder from behind at the same time!  Hmm, those kittens might have a slight separation anxiety problem!

  • We've had several major plumbing problems with this house so I'm all about plumbing maintenance now!  First off, I drained the grease from the pan where the hamburgers had cooked into an empty recycled glass jar that sits on my sink.  When the jar is full, I just throw it away. Not draining cooking grease down my kitchen sink saves my pipes, saves us money and lots of aggravation!  Secondly, I pour a preventive dose of Drano (or equivalent) down the kitchen pipes once a month. This was recommended by our plumber. We don't have a garbage disposal so I try to keep most food detritus out of the sink but something things fall through... tonight, I did the Drano routine.

SPLURGES
  • Gas to run errands, part 1
  • Stocked up on whiskey some more!
  • Gas to run errands, part 2
  • Bagel chips at Publix. They weren't needed but at a quarter a bag, they were hard to resist!  Now they're in my pantry and they're really hard to resist :)  I might bring them to my BFF tomorrow.
  • A new-to-her microwave for my BFF :) 
  • A new pair of capris for me.

FAILURES
  • Greg is sick :(

  • I should have remembered that Middle Son's best friend and former roommate had been working in a bike store in Daytona and just moved back to his mom's here in town a couple of weeks ago!  I'll have to ask him if, moving forward, I could just use him as my bike mechanic and pay him instead of going to the snooty bike shop (where he's probably trying to get a job!).  But since Daughter is paying for the repair anyway, I'm not too broken up about it. Maybe next time (if there is a next time!) she'll be more careful with my bike.


  • I was very bad with my water intake today!  At 5:26 p.m. I have about 3/4 of my large container still to drink and I just discovered that I never drank all my coffee from this morning so I'm drinking that instead. This is what being on the go for 2 rounds of errands will do.  Plus I'm tired of having to go pee every 5 minutes.  However, I do know that it's an essential part of being healthier so I have to get back on the wagon tomorrow if not right now.

  • The Swagasaurus Run game in Swagbucks hasn't worked for weeks. Today I saw in a comment that if you zoom in at 75%, it does work. So I tried it and the game does work but doesn't accrue any Swagbucks. I filed a request with the Swagbucks Customer Service.

  • Two kittens napped next to me this afternoon and I completely forgot to take advantage of that time to clip their nails!  By the time I glanced at my To Do List and realized that, I got up to get the nail clipper, which woke them up and then my chance was gone, pouf!


MONEY SPENT TODAY
  • Bike repair: $42.80 but my daughter will refund me $15 of it
  • ABC Fine Wines & Spirits: $83.45 (but got $15 back on Amex)
  • Groceries at Save  A Lot: $0.99 (will count towards next week's groceries)
  • Gas for the SUV: $26.85
  • Groceries at Publix: $5.33  (will count towards next week's groceries)
  • Capris at the thrift store: $1.87
  • Over-the-range G.E. Spacemaker microwave: $26.74
FREEBIES
  • A 24-oz coffee from Wawa with the reward in their app.
  • A sample size cup of flavored coffee from Wawa with an in-store offer.
  • A coupon for a free Gillette razor for men, up to $12.00
  • A free SIM card for the iPhone 5S that my son is now using, from AT&T and they also set up the phone for him for free and offered to transfer his Contacts

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
  • Fed the cats
  • Put the bike rack and the bike on the SUV
  • Earned rewards in my rewards programs
  • Wrote out itinerary  for today 
  • Cleaned upstairs litter box
  • Printed coupons
  • Went to run errands with Greg and our son
  • Inspected the garden and harvested it
  • Made my bed and Greg's too
  • Texted my BFF
  • Corresponded with my sister via Instagram
  • Printed coupons
  • Texted with my daughter
  • Ran errands part two
  • Texted with my BFF and made a date for tomorrow
  • Put everything away
  • Ordered coupons for Walgreens trip
  • Entered receipts in my spreadsheets
  • Submitted a receipt for a rebate
  • Scheduled a credit card payment
  • Renewed a library book
  • Clipped the rest of the coupons that I printed over the past few days
  • Filtered water for dinner in my Brita pitcher
  • Cooked dinner
  • Unloaded, reloaded the dishwasher and started it
  • Washed pots and pans by hand
  • Exercised!
  • Caught up on blogs
  • Poured some Drano down the kitchen sink for preventive maintenance
HEALTH
  • I didn't sleep very soundly last night and had to wake up a lot!

  • I tried drinking 2 cups of water before drinking coffee but it was harder to accomplish this morning than it's been all week and I don't know why. I drank about 1.5 cups before switching to delicious coffee :)
  • Breakfast was a bowl of generic rice crispies, 1/3 cup of blueberries and a cup of ~2% milk. I drank coffee.
  • I did my foot exercises.
  • I drank a small sample cup of French Vanilla coffee while we were out.
  • Lunch was pork stew and rice leftovers, a Sandwich Thin, and a spinach side salad with cuke slices and a few grape tomatoes. I drank water.
  • Afternoon snack was an apple. I drank water and coffee.
  • Dinner was a hamburger with homemade zesty pickles, a bit of potatoes O'Brien (maybe 1/2 cup?) and a spinach, tomato, cucumber and crouton salad. I drank water.
  • Exercise was 45 minutes on my recumbent bike (7.44 miles)
GRATITUDE
  • For my husband's willingness to come run errands even though he was sick so we could save money and get our son set up with his new-to-him phone.
  • For my sister finally posting pictures on Instagram. It's so much fun to see what she's up to! (she's a very private person)
  • For a beautiful day today that allowed us to keep the windows open!
  • For great deals at Publix!
  • Those automatic Ngage videos on Swagbucks have been great this whole week!  I can just run them and not even have to click and I've been meeting my 1st goal pretty regularly :)
  • That Greg seems to be back to normal tonight, yay!

NATURE

  • My rose opened up and another one is about to bloom!  I guess I won't be pruning the rose bushes this week just yet!
I think it looks like a tiny girl with a big poofy (and wet!) pink ballroom gown on!


More tomatoes ripened

And new tomatoes have grown!

I love showing these because they come from plants from last Spring that either reseeded themselves or that regrew branches after they had died and I pruned them!

The lettuce is getting a little browner, I think I'll be harvesting it for my lunches next week.

Some of the lettuce stems that I left in ground are regrowing tiny leaves.

Bad news? The eggsplant has yet 2 new flowers blooming. Good news?  The others never did turn into eggplants.  That's good news because we never eat the eggplants. I've been waiting for these 2 plants to die. And they won't. The flowers are pretty, though.

Some of the smaller bean plants have found the pole!

My verbenas have more blooms this week than they did last week. I should have full blooms in the Spring, I expect.

I love water drops on plants!
BONUS KITTEN PICTURES

What the?!?!


I think only one of them is comfortable...

Can you guess which?

Head, butt, head. Yeah, there are THREE kittens in the basket!

I was laughing so hard and I couldn't stop taking pictures, trying to find a good angle...

She's like "What?! Shouldn't I have done that?!"

OK one last one... Poor Tabby Kitty with her butt right in his face, LOL!
How was your Saturday? What do you have planned for Sunday?  I'm going to go visit my BFF in the morning and then if Greg still feels good, he and I are planning to go walking!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a busy and productive Saturday! Makes me feel so lazy in comparison, because I barely did anything today!

    You are such a good friend! I am sure your BFF will appreciate the gift of a new microwave!

    The pictures of the 3 kittens in the basket are too funny! It's definitely a pile of kittens!

    Hope Greg continues to feel better tomorrow and you have fun Sunday. Enjoy your visit with your BFF and hope you get to go walking with Greg afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny because I certainly didn't intend to do so much on Saturday, but sometimes that's the way it goes. I just hate having to drive 20 minutes to town for just 1 thing, you know? My SUV uses a lot of gas and I kind of feel guilty about it so I try to make my trips as productive as I can (which then uses even more gas because of all the stopping and going... ugh). But I think that the weekends were granted so people who be "lazy". You weren't lazy, you were resting, which is something you NEED to do.

      Greg felt much better today and we had a lovely time together. You'll get to read all about it in a couple of hours if you're still awake :)

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about Greg's migraine. I get them a lot and they are no fun. Does he take anything for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sorry you have a lot of those, it must be so painful and debilitating! I have read that scientists don't believe that the change in atmospheric pressure is what induces migraines but it never fails with Greg... I feel so bad for him. He refuses to see a doctor about it so he usually just takes an ibuprofen, sometimes a decongestant, and uses a rice bag that he heats up in the microwave and wears on his forehead. Sometimes the light bothers him and others, like yesterday, it didn't. But he throws up and feels nauseous.

      How do you treat yours?

      Delete
  3. Hi from a reader a few hours North of you! I just wanted to reach out and tell you I was glad you're posting again, I missed your blog during your break! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris! How kind of you to say, I'm very humbled! I have to say that it feels good to be back too :)

      Are you in Florida? Georgia? More North than that?

      Delete
    2. I am just a little North & East of Gainesville.

      Delete
    3. A Florida neighbor! Glad to "meet" you :)

      Delete
  4. I am having a Claustrophobic anxiety attack just looking at those last cat pictures!! How can the bottom ones breath?? My younger Boxer sits on my older Boxers head all the time.He just lies there like nothing's happening. Animals can be so entertaining :).

    It was lovely of you to purchase the microwave for your friend. The world could use more kindness like you showed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm sorry I triggered something, hahaha! I also get claustrophobic anxiety when I look at certain pictures or think of things like... caves with really narrow passages. Yikes!

      Yeah, they were just fine! Tabby Kitty was at the bottom and he's the largest of the three so he know how to take care of himself. They just don't care, that's what so funny, like your boxers! As a matter of fact, one of the pictures I'm posting later on tonight shows him sitting right on top of her. Maybe he was taking his revenge :)

      And thanks for the compliment. It was a small thing to do for her but I've decided that instead of sending money to charitable organizations this year, I'm going to help people in need who are close to me. That kind of makes more sense, in a way. She was so excited to have a microwave that works, especially since apparently she had gone to Lowe's yesterday morning and priced new ones and realized that there was no way she could afford one. I'm also hoping to teach her that thrift stores are her friends :)

      Delete
  5. Love love love your rose picture! And in some of your kitten pictures, it looks like you have one three-headed cat!

    Your comment about having a small tape measure in your purse just moved you to the top of my list of "most efficient women in the world." A kind-hearted most efficient one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Most efficient woman in the world"... oh my, that's indeed high praise coming from a German. You guys are known to be the kings of efficiency! Thank you!

      You know, too many times I was stuck in a store wondering if something would fit in my car or in my house so I finally wised up several years ago and bought myself a mini tape measurer and it lives in a side pocket of my purse, along with a lot of more stuff that I probably don't need to carry around all the time. I've used it so many times!

      What do you carry in your purse?

      And yes, it does like a three headed cat sometimes, doesn't it? It was funny to see them all in the basket as Tabby Kitty has been more independent ever since it was tiny and prefers to sleep on his own. So I suspect he was in the basket first and then Explorer came to sleep with him and then Princess just plopped herself on top like a cherry on a cat sherbert, because she didn't want to be left out. I'd understand if it was one of those very cold day when I haven't turned on the heat, but it was in the mid 70s in the living room with the windows open so I don't know how Tabby Kitty and Explorer weren't overheated with her majesty sitting on top of them!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!