Monday, January 2, 2017

Day Book ~ Monday 1/2/17




Outside my window... it's overcast. It's 7:52 a.m. and it's still not very bright. I've opened the windows but it's supposed to be in the 80s today so I'll probably close them before noon. There are a few birds calling from nearby trees and some traffic passes by occasionally.

I am thinking... that I need to go through my financial and personal goals lists and create a smaller list for January, and then make a list for today.  I don't even feel like starting Domestic Monday just yet because I didn't sleep great/much, everyone is still home today (I clean better when I alone) and I haven't had my coffee yet.

I am thankful for... knowing that there is a pot of Cinnamon Churro-flavored coffee waiting for me in the kitchen!

From the learning rooms... my son starts school again on Wednesday. I need to make sure he's on track to study the road rules again (he had studied them back in the fall) so I can make an appointment for him to take his learner's permit test in a couple of weeks. Daughter doesn't go back until next week. She needs to figure out how to return last semester's books and pick up the books for this semester. Hopefully the Dual Enrollment coordinator will be back in the office tomorrow and can guide her.

From the kitchen... the dishes were done last night and I swept before going to bed so my kitchen is relatively clean!  I need to put all the Christmas dishes away.  Dinner tonight... oh boy I forgot about having to cook dinner tonight and I don't have a plan together!  I need to go defrost something.  Maybe I'll just make tuna patties and pasta, the family will be happy.

I am wearing... the owl-themed PJs that I picked up at a thrift store a couple of months ago.

I am creating... dang it, I ought to take out this category. Nothing, as usual?  I'm not a creative person.

I am going... I guess I'll be driving to the garage with Greg if it's open today, so he can drop off his truck to get looked at again.  I might stop by Save A Lot and get a loaf of bread because we're running low. Update: we went and I did pick up bread :)

I am reading... "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: the Screenplay" by JK Rowling.

I am hoping... that I get some energy soon because I feel exhausted right now.

I am hearing... birds calling outside through the open windows and the clickety-clack of my keyboard.

Around the house... everyone else is still asleep, including the cats, it seems, because there aren't any kittens running and jumping around. Update: I couldn't finish this post before Greg was up and asking me to come to the garage with him. So now Greg is up and we have the Tony Bennett station playing on Pandora.

One of my favorite things... Greg's back scratcher because it's convenient to reach cat toys that have been flung under the furniture!



A few plans for the rest of the week... I think today will be Mini Domestic Monday because I mostly need to make a list of goals for the month and work on a reasonable To Do List. I'll probably do more cleaning tomorrow.  New Kitty has her annual check-up appointment at the vet's tomorrow morning,  grocery shopping on Wednesday. I'm trying to schedule lunch or a get-together with my BFF either Thursday or Friday and Middle Son is coming over to visit the kittens on Saturday so I'll take him out to lunch to celebrate Belated Christmas and his upcoming 21st birthday.  I need to contact my other friend to schedule lunch too and discuss the work assignment she asked me to take on.

Here's the picture I'm sharing... my daughter saw these in a store in St Augustine last week. I know it's crude, but I can't stop laughing at the passive aggressiveness, lol.  Plus... they feature birds!




Have a good week!

8 comments:

  1. I love those mugs and plates too. My Sweetie would love those. I'm glad that is the picture you shared because it gave me a great belly laugh.

    I would say that you have created a great many lists this week and you created goals to attempt this year in moving forward. Believe me, those are creative. My daybook can be found here. http://sues-retirementfunds.blogspot.ca/2017/01/daybook-monday-january-217.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so encouraging. How do you do it?! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Susan is right! You are creative! You might not do many "crafts", but you create lovely photographs for us to enjoy, a comfortable home for your family, good meals for them including homemade goodies, a warm spot for kittens to sleep in, new pineapple plants from old pineapple tops, as well as amusing posts and fine lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! See? I'm so NOT creative that I couldn't even envision any of this being considered being "creative". I guess in my mind creative = crafty. I would say I am creative when I adapt recipes to what I have in the house :) Thanks, Bless. My lists ARE fine, aren't they? hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Oh ha ha ha, those cups and plates are hilarious!! I have a sarcastic type of humour though(which makes life bearable at times).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great?! Can you imagine your husband's face if you served him a snack on that plate without saying a word? He, he.

      Delete
  4. I TOTALLY want that cup and plate! It fits my sarcastic humor perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep on imagining all those husbands getting their snacks served on that plate, hahaha. I can't stop chuckling :)

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!