Monday, January 30, 2017

Day Book: Monday 1/30/17



Outside my window... the sun is rising above the tree line and roofs and I can see squirrels coming down the trunks of the oak across the street. It's 7:40 a.m.  At 7:00 a.m., when I dropped off my son at school, is was 50F/10C, warmer than I expected.

I am thinking... that it's Domestic Monday and I don't feel like doing.one.darn.thing. Ugh.

I am thankful for... the fact that we're one month closer to the next elections. I never thought I'd say that.

From the learning rooms... my son has to finalized his AP Human Geography project because it's due shortly and he still has quite a bit of work to do on it. One of the pictures he needs to take is of a live, wild fish, and he needs to be in the picture for it to count.  So one day this week we will drive to the Florida Bass Conservation Center to see if we can take a picture that would qualify there (seeing that Greg isn't a very prolific fisherman!). There is a pond nearby where they release some of the basses and where people can fish so I'm hoping I can take a picture of my son near the shore where, usually, tiny basses hang out.  The teacher never said the fish had to be big...

From the kitchen... I was lazy and didn't do the dishes last night and now I have to deal with it and it's stressing me!  I need to finalize my menu for the week and post it.  And I also need to mop the kitchen because it's gross again. Maybe I'll fake mop it, it depends on how much energy I'll have.

I am wearing... I wanted to be comfy today so I'm wearing my stretchy cotton walking capris (so comfy!  they're black and turquoise), a dark gray T-Shirt and a nice fluffy blue cardigan on top. And I have my walking shoes on.

I am creating... a goal list for February, in my mind.

I am going... nowhere today!

I am reading... I started the current issue of Birds and Blooms on my Kindle so I need to finish that. Despite my declaration that I was going to read this past weekend, I only read the news and blogs.

I am hoping... that my daughter drives back safely from her dad's tonight.

I am hearing... the heat kicking in and some dogs barking in the distance.

Around the house... all the cats are quiet, I think they're all asleep or observing squirrels outside. Greg just left for work, our son is at school, my daughter doesn't have in-person classes today so she's still at her dad's.

One of my favorite things... my walking capris but in researching my past order from Kohl's to find a picture of them, I found out they're yoga pants and they're on clearance BUT they only have small and extra small anymore and I'm crushed because I wanted to buy some in a smaller size for when I've lost more weight :(



A few plans for the rest of the week... Let's see... I can't think of much at all!  Finalize all the end of month reports and draft a list of goals and priorities for February, grocery shopping of course, take my son to the Florida Bass Conservation Center, go visit at least one new state park this weekend and then also attend the Civil War Battle Reenactment at Renninger's with Greg and our son although I really don't feel like it this year but our son enjoys it so we're going... And for the first time in many years we won't be watching the SuperBowl (or so Greg claims, his beloved and the more than hated by me Tom Brady is playing so I think he will cave in and watch anyway) because we haven't watched any NFL games this season at all.

Here's the picture I'm sharing... I can't embed this very short video but you have to watch it. As Greg said, I can't believe we never thought of this!  Cats Aren't As Useless As Everyone Says.


Have a good week!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very interesting geography project! I hope you'll share more about it, in a later post.

    I'm laughing about what you are thankful for! Somebody posted a count-down clock till end of term on Facebook! :D

    I, too, need to make this a domestic Monday, but I can't get started!

    Hope you have a good day, Nathalie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really involved project about GMOs, non GMOs, pollutants, sustainable farming, recycling, etc. He has a list of items he needs to photograph but everyone in the team also needs to be IN each picture so they don't cheat and reuse someone else's pictures. My son doesn't like team work so he's his own team, which makes it easier as far as logistics are concerned! Anyhoo, each item or task is assigned a point value and he needs to design a presentation or document with all those pictures and obtain at least 1,000 points. I don't think he's going to make it, to be honest with you, but we'll see. I'm hoping he can turn in the project electronically because how ironical would it be if we had to waste a bunch of ink and paper to print it?

      My domestic Monday isn't being very domestic. I'm dragging my feet and it's already 4:40 p.m. over here, yikes!

      I hope you have a good day too, Bless! I like the idea of a countdown clock, although I'm very doubtful that He Who Must Not Be Named will relinquish power or even allow new elections to take place.

      Delete
  2. Love the video. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need to put those cats to work!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. 6 cats x how much for technical support in the Orlando area? At least $30 an hour, wouldn't you say? I should be able to make bank!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!